Cubs tanking

bigdady69

Liked Posts:
After 55 years as a Cub fan , I’m totally disgusted with the production and effort by his ball club.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
The window is closed. Time for changes. Lots of blame to go around after getting depantsed and humiliated at home by divisional rivals. The loser mentality is creeping back in. At least they got the supposed "curse" off the clubs back in 16, but bad FA acquisitions by Theo Epstein the last 2 years cost them..Maddons pajama party's and coddling of over paid and under performing players has probably come to an end. The most excitement for them in the post season will be the anticipation of how much will be blown up and house cleaning will be done..Is Theo Epstein exempt from getting canned by the Ricketts who have seen him misspend their money and depleted the farm system? Guess we shall see after these final brutal games are over..

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
After 55 years as a Cub fan , I’m totally disgusted with the production and effort by his ball club.

I'm trying to think which sept run was worse, last year or this year. last year was brutal as they waited until the final day to fuck us over.

at least this year they waited until the last week of the season.

both suck

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
The window is closed. Time for changes. Lots of blame to go around after getting depantsed and humiliated at home by divisional rivals. The loser mentality is creeping back in. At least they got the supposed "curse" off the clubs back in 16, but bad FA acquisitions by Theo Epstein the last 2 years cost them..Maddons pajama party's and coddling of over paid and under performing players has probably come to an end. The most excitement for them in the post season will be the anticipation of how much will be blown up and house cleaning will be done..Is Theo Epstein exempt from getting canned by the Ricketts who have seen him misspend their money and depleted the farm system? Guess we shall see after these final brutal games are over..

what a shock it would be if ricketts let Theo go after the season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
what a shock it would be if ricketts let Theo go after the season.
there were some rumblings about Dombrowski going to the south side, it could happen. Theo should have made the tough call on Joe and moved on by now.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
there were some rumblings about Dombrowski going to the south side, it could happen. Theo should have made the tough call on Joe and moved on by now.
Well Epstein gave himself some wiggle room by not offering Maddon a contract and taking a wait n see approach. I think Joe will be replaced, and new coaches brought in to hopefully reintroduce/reinforce discipline at the plate, better situational hitting strategy, and running the bases..it's like they are afraid to be tough on the 'star" players and Joe lets them do what they want..they scape goated Chili Davis last year..

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:

its funny but today feels like the last game of the season. like there's no more cubs baseball left after today.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Well Epstein gave himself some wiggle room by not offering Maddon a contract and taking a wait n see approach. I think Joe will be replaced, and new coaches brought in to hopefully reintroduce/reinforce discipline at the plate, better situational hitting strategy, and running the bases..it's like they are afraid to be tough on the 'star" players and Joe lets them do what they want..they scape goated Chili Davis last year..
You'd think this team with so much "talent" would have that discipline at the plate. That's how the Cards stuck the final dagger in the Cubs season today. They were patient....didn't swing at everything and let our garbage bullpen do in themselves and walk 3 guys in a row. You never see the Cubs do that. They are too eager to hit that weak pop up in the infield or ground ball to 2nd. No patience at all...which kills this team. The Nats killed us by simply waiting for an actual strike to be thrown before they tee off. Today..the Cards did it. They waited..patiently. Took their walks to load the bases then Molina hammered the killer base hit. Cubs? Nah...just swing and get it over with so they can get to the offseason.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Thats why they brought in Chili. Rizzo and the bunch didn’t want to listen. They think very highly of themselves.

Voges

Liked Posts:
You'd think this team with so much "talent" would have that discipline at the plate. That's how the Cards stuck the final dagger in the Cubs season today. They were patient....didn't swing at everything and let our garbage bullpen do in themselves and walk 3 guys in a row. You never see the Cubs do that. They are too eager to hit that weak pop up in the infield or ground ball to 2nd. No patience at all...which kills this team. The Nats killed us by simply waiting for an actual strike to be thrown before they tee off. Today..the Cards did it. They waited..patiently. Took their walks to load the bases then Molina hammered the killer base hit. Cubs? Nah...just swing and get it over with so they can get to the offseason.
As a Cardinals fan, I am reading stuff here that makes it look like the Cubs are done. I couldnt disagree more. The Cardinals are just as vulnerable as the Cubs...truly. The first two games of this series could have gone either way and the Cardinals have so many flaws, there are too many to itemize here. (Especially at the plate) I also find it hard to believe that the Brewers will be able to keep up this torrid pace to finish the season. Dont forget, the Cubs still have 3 against the Pirates to get right. If they are able to get the last two of this Cards series, which is very possible, it would be interesting again.

Voges

Liked Posts:
As a Cardinals fan, I am reading stuff here that makes it look like the Cubs are done. I couldnt disagree more. The Cardinals are just as vulnerable as the Cubs...truly. The first two games of this series could have gone either way and the Cardinals have so many flaws, there are too many to itemize here. (Especially at the plate) I also find it hard to believe that the Brewers will be able to keep up this torrid pace to finish the season. Dont forget, the Cubs still have 3 against the Pirates to get right. If they are able to get the last two of this Cards series, which is very possible, it would be interesting again.
Additionally... I dont any of this will matter, as whomever comes out of the Central, will very likely lose quickly in the postseason... but what do I know ? In 2006 and 2011 I had a very similar position and the Cards got hot.