Cubs ticket resale question

Huntersville

Liked Posts:
Do not live in Chicago area, going to my first Cubs game at Wrigley on Fri May 29 vs reds. Just bought 4 tickets online within first few mins of single game tickets going on sale. On the first 4 I selected (sec 210, row 7) I clicked the PURCHASE button 2 seconds after it timed out.... It said sorry, to go back and start over. I did so and secured 4 tickets I like even better. But then I downloaded the MLB Ballpark app and found they sold me the first 4 and also the second 4. I think I could call customer service and get the first set removed since the duplication error isn't my fault... but the total price I paid including fees is $67 each. I hate to carry this $263 charge very long, but wondering what those seats would like fetch on Stubhub and how long I'd have to wait to sell them. I do not have a feel for local demand and resale price, assume its pretty strong. Anyone wager a guess as to what those sets sell for and how long it would take?

TIA

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do not live in Chicago area, going to my first Cubs game at Wrigley on Fri May 29 vs reds. Just bought 4 tickets online within first few mins of single game tickets going on sale. On the first 4 I selected (sec 210, row 7) I clicked the PURCHASE button 2 seconds after it timed out.... It said sorry, to go back and start over. I did so and secured 4 tickets I like even better. But then I downloaded the MLB Ballpark app and found they sold me the first 4 and also the second 4. I think I could call customer service and get the first set removed since the duplication error isn't my fault... but the total price I paid including fees is $67 each. I hate to carry this $263 charge very long, but wondering what those seats would like fetch on Stubhub and how long I'd have to wait to sell them. I do not have a feel for local demand and resale price, assume its pretty strong. Anyone wager a guess as to what those sets sell for and how long it would take?

TIA
Go to Stub Hub and look at that date and the tix in your section. If I remember right it will show the going rate for seats in that section.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

TIA
As far as the question of how long it would take, I would expect close to game time.

Fans planning now to go in may would buy direct. Fans buying on Stubhub will buy closer to last minute. Doesn’t mean you won’t get a good price, but you won’t get it soon.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What @TL1961 said. Probably sell on StubHub closer to the game. But you’ll lose money