Cutler deserves higher ranking Bears Top 100 ?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had done the Top 100 list, I wouldn't have ranked any of the McMahon/Wade/Lujack/Cutler group of QBs higher than 85th.

Good idea.

I would have intentionally put their best five as 96-100 just to make a point.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally.

I was told a story by a New Orleans bartender about ol' Mongo trashed out of his mind deciding to drop a pile of coke on the bar and go to town. He was not an easy person to eject from a bar apparently.

All the same...McMahon was every bit as inconsistent and uncoachable as Cutler. The Minny Game was epic, but the bulk of his career felt like a long drawn out sigh.

Throw in the fact he was our QB during by angst ridden teenage years and you will never talk me out of my irrational hatred for the "Punky QB".

There are similarities in Cutler in McMahon in that expectations were higher than what they produced.

McMahon actually won something and was considered a bit more of a leader on the team.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Most of the 85 Bears were filled with what you could characteristically call drunken assholes.

McMahon was an absolute leader on that team. There was no dragging him along for the ride. Yes the defense was great and could take over in games, but the guys looked to McMahon on offense.

Compare the Minnesota game that year where he rallied them back. I can't think of a game Cutler did anything like that.

Cutler has a lot of game winning drives here lol

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would it really be a Cutler thread without @PrideisBears caping for him? This is just classic CCS really, it takes me back to the good ol' days.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would it really be a Cutler thread without @PrideisBears caping for him? This is just classic CCS really, it takes me back to the good ol' days.
Sorry im late but believe it or not im not even arguing for him to have a higher rating

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There are similarities in Cutler in McMahon in that expectations were higher than what they produced.

McMahon actually won something and was considered a bit more of a leader on the team.

IMO....jay was no where near McMahon in terms of smarts, leadership and ability to consistently put us in a position to win games. The problem with McMahon was injuries. The 85th ranking for jay was generous IMO.
-----

Side note on McMahon :
Some ppl. didn't like him. Some ppl. here still don't like him.
When we drafted him I was very skeptical.

However, during a local TV interview he relayed a earlier conversation he had with Mike McCaskey.

When drafted, McMahon said McCaskey basically told him ALL we expect of you is to just help us be COMPETITIVE. To that, McMahon said he told him, 'be competitive.....why not win it ALL' (meaning SB). I'll never forget it.

From that day on I totally respected McMahon and he's desire to win. And I started to totally disrespect the loser attitude McCaskey represented as part of Bear ownership.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No disrespect to the challenged, but Cutlers records as a bear quarterback mean as much as Hussein Bolt setting records in the special olympics.

Our career leader up to that point played 48 games here, named Eric Kramer.

If we would have taken the right quarterback in Maholmes, cutlers records would be wiped out in 3-4 years

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
and he still wasn't as good as McMahon when you compare eras and overall accomplishments.

Jay Cutler started more games for the Bears than Jim McMahon.

***Insert something about availability being the best quality here***

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Umm thanks everyone......i guess

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
IMO....jay was no where near McMahon in terms of smarts, leadership and ability to consistently put us in a position to win games. The problem with McMahon was injuries. The 85th ranking for jay was generous IMO.
-----

Side note on McMahon :

However, during a local TV interview he relayed a earlier conversation he had with Mike McCaskey.

When drafted, McMahon said McCaskey basically told him ALL we expect of you is to just help us be COMPETITIVE. To that, McMahon said he told him, 'be competitive.....why not win it ALL' (meaning SB). I'll never forget it.

From that day on I totally respected McMahon and he's desire to win. And I started to totally disrespect the loser attitude McCaskey represented as part of Bear ownership.
Do you ever type words that make sense together? I can't even fathom what it's like to physically have a conversation with you IRL.. I hope you don't suffer from a mental deficiency, cus I'll feel like a dick, but damn man, you suck at this.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler has a lot of game winning drives here lol

and he still wasn't as good as McMahon when you compare eras and overall accomplishments.

Jay Cutler started more games for the Bears than Jim McMahon.

***Insert something about availability being the best quality here***

Granted, McMahon was injured a lot. However, we have to look at what he did when available. Was he just there picking up a pay check or did he actually make a difference in the W-L column and as a leader?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Seriously, is run and shoot an actual poster or a bot? I mean, his posting style is not that of a human being. What’s with the constant reposting of the same links as is found in the OP in the very same thread? And I feel like he does this consistently. This has got to be some type of spambot.
He's Vladimir Putin

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Seriously, is run and shoot an actual poster or a bot? I mean, his posting style is not that of a human being. What’s with the constant reposting of the same links as is found in the OP in the very same thread? And I feel like he does this consistently. This has got to be some type of spambot.

True. Even BearsFan51 didn't hype his own blog this much.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Side note on McMahon :

Why? His college numbers were other-worldly for the era.

why?

For the same reason a few others have said i.e. cocky, brash,
bad attitude, questionable character, over-confident, a little lack of professionalism. Heck, he showed up after being drafted, drinking a can of beer during a interview. Like I said some ppl. still
don't care for him click post>>>#59

However, as I said earlier McMahon had the balls to challenge a loser like Mike McCaskey to want too "WIN it ALL".
So from that minute forward I was on-board.