Dave Gettleman

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Pace looks like a genius compared to this dude.

The top four teams in passing yards are up there because their defenses are horrible and they have to play from behind.

Most of the teams have legitimate NFL QB's. The ones who don't have top QB options aren't realistic Superbowl contenders.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I love that the Eagles are in the NFCE.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He’s not completely wrong. Run heavy teams right now are ahead of the league trend curve. Teams go to pass heavy defenses to combat the pass heavy offenses and then that leaves an opening for run offenses.

thay said, the best teams time and time again are the most balanced usually.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s not completely wrong. Run heavy teams right now are ahead of the league trend curve. Teams go to pass heavy defenses to combat the pass heavy offenses and then that leaves an opening for run offenses.

yep. Gettleman can be a dumbass, but he's right on this topic. . . Defenses have safeties playing LB spots. Skrine is on the field way more than Eddie Goldman, 230lb Floyd has his hand in the dirt. Nickel/Dime defenses are at an all time high percentage. LaFluer got a bye with the Packers because of Aaron Jones' play and efficient passing, no longer was it because Rodgers was throwing miracle hail mary's. The rules still favor the pass game, but come playoffs, the refs always let the teams play more aggressive.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He clearly meant to say “top 4 passing offenses aren’t in the playoffs” which is a true and valid point. This reminds me of when he got universally trashed for Daniel Jones and he was dare I say.... right.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He’s using a misleading stat. He’s correct in the stat he chose, but I’d only point out that the top 7 teams in QB rating all made the playoffs.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He clearly meant to say “top 4 passing offenses aren’t in the playoffs” which is a true and valid point. This reminds me of when he got universally trashed for Daniel Jones and he was dare I say.... right.
Yes this I s what he was referring to. In terms of yardage. The top 4 teams are not in the playoffs. See TB and Dallas. *HOWEVER* the top 7 teams in terms of passer rating ARE or WERE in the playoffs.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes this I s what he was referring to. In terms of yardage. The top 4 teams are not in the playoffs. See TB and Dallas. *HOWEVER* the top 7 teams in terms of passer rating ARE or WERE in the playoffs.
Another interesting statistic: all of the remaining QBs in the playoffs finished the regular season in the top 12 of passer rating.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Most of the successful run heavy teams had nice leads in many games and went run heavy later in the games

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Yep. Bears are fucked. Last guy in the buffet line.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Correct. He is technically not wrong. He is, however, not being completely honest about what he is saying.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
With the new cycle of young QBs coming in the league the last few seasons, it is now becoming evident how hard it is to sustain long-term consistent success at the QB position. Some look great for a stretch and even a season or so, but there are alot of ups and downs to their play. I think franchises are getting burned by trying to put everything on the shoulders of these young QBs to do everything through their arm.

Instead, where a team can create more consistency is by strengthening the O-Line and getting a reliable run game. Take the weight off of these young QBs and spread out along all of your players. Make their job manageable or you may risk ruing them by asking them to be superman every game.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
With the new cycle of young QBs coming in the league the last few seasons, it is now becoming evident how hard it is to sustain long-term consistent success at the QB position. Some look great for a stretch and even a season or so, but there are alot of ups and downs to their play. I think franchises are getting burned by trying to put everything on the shoulders of these young QBs to do everything through their arm.

Instead, where a team can create more consistency is by strengthening the O-Line and getting a reliable run game. Take the weight off of these young QBs and spread out along all of your players. Make their job manageable or you may risk ruing them by asking them to be superman every game.
Agree to an extent but the real problem lies within the fact that these teams have to eventually pay these QBs (a shit ton of money) wether they can shoulder the whole team or not.