KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nfl.com just came out with an article ranking all the offensive rookies who stand the best chance to win Offensive Rookie of The Year.

3) David Montgomery, RB, Chicago Bears

Of all the running backs in the 2019 draft, Montgomery might be the safest, based on his size, toughness and creativity as a runner. While Mike Davis may begin the season as the starter, Chicago finished tied for sixth in the league in rushing attempts last season (468), so there should be more than enough carries to go around. The Bears have a solid group of talent along the offensive line and if Mitchell Trubisky can continue to improve as a passer and force safeties off the line of scrimmage, the running game has a chance to take off with Montgomery leading the charge by midseason.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Kyler Murray and Josh Jacobs were the only two players rated higher.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
looks like another bet for @msadows to put massive money on

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never in the history of football at any level has a player moved further up in rankings in May and June without even playing a single game.
Seriously. I thought he was a player I could draft in the late rounds in fantasy football, but at the rate we're going, he's probably gonna get drafted at the latest the 3rd/4th round

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Seriously. I thought he was a player I could draft in the late rounds in fantasy football, but at the rate we're going, he's probably gonna get drafted at the latest the 3rd/4th round
It depends if it’s PPR or standard. If it’s PPR then maybe but in standard I wouldn’t touch him before 5-6

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It depends if it’s PPR or standard. If it’s PPR then maybe but in standard I wouldn’t touch him before 5-6

Agreed. But I bet he will be there at 5 and all most certainly in 6 in most leagues without a Bears homer. Unless there is a lot of pre-season hype around him.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Good point. I'm in PPR leagues. It's a passing league...why would ppl play in a non PPR format?
I also don’t like how they set the line ups in stone like you have to have 2 RBs, 2 WR, a TE, and a flex. Only John Fox would march out an offense like that you should be able to make your line up however you want.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Agreed. But I bet he will be there at 5 and all most certainly in 6 in most leagues without a Bears homer. Unless there is a lot of pre-season hype around him.
I feel like Nagy won’t use him in preseason, for better or worse.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like Nagy won’t use him in preseason, for better or worse.

I agree. I don’t think there will be hype because of his play except what comes out of camp and maybe a flash or three in pre-season. I am thinking I would take him at 6. I am also thinking he may be good as a keeper if you get him late in those leagues.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad I tossed a few long odd bets on the guy before they hype train catches up.

If you recall, Howard almost took the rushing title his rookie year, but didn't start for several weeks. Hunt took it as a rookie under a similar system. Not saying it WILL happen, but more likely than 95:1, jeebus.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
View attachment 2133

If you recall, Howard almost took the rushing title his rookie year, but didn't start for several weeks. Hunt took it as a rookie under a similar system. Not saying it WILL happen, but more likely than 95:1, jeebus.
Good luck. I hope you cash in.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
View attachment 2133

I like the offensive rookie of the year longshot especially with Murray behind that Arizona line throwing to White/and 40 year old corpse of Fitzgerald. That and his being a 5'7" rookie.

It could end up a two horse race and Chicago has historically been a place an overrated rookie can win it(T-Train)

I think you through the $10 away on most rushing yards...with a handcuff like Cohen as a rookie, and a timeshare with FA Davis, and a coach who likes to sprinkle backs situationally...I just don't think its possible.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I like the offensive rookie of the year longshot especially with Murray behind that Arizona line throwing to White/and 40 year old corpse of Fitzgerald. That and his being a 5'7" rookie.

It could end up a two horse race and Chicago has historically been a place an overrated rookie can win it(T-Train)

I think you through the $10 away on most rushing yards...with a handcuff like Cohen as a rookie, and a timeshare with FA Davis, and a coach who likes to sprinkle backs situationally...I just don't think its possible.
I think Cohen will mainly be used as a WR and a “scat” back. Don’t see him taking that many carries away. Mike Davis in the earlier part of the season could be the real handicap IMO.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Cohen will mainly be used as a WR and a “scat” back. Don’t see him taking that many carries away. Mike Davis in the earlier part of the season could be the real handicap IMO.
nah...your dreaming.

He will be scaled back enough that rookie of the year is even tough at the 800-1000 yard mark. He'll need 6-8 TDs and that might be tough in this backfield in this offense.