David Montgomery Ranks Third as OROY Candidate

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point. I'm in PPR leagues. It's a passing league...why would ppl play in a non PPR format?
I play PPR because everyone plays PPR now but it still makes no sense to me. Why reward a catch with a full point? Why then nothing for taking a handoff? Why is a reception for a five yard loss worth the same amount as a run for a gain of five?

If the goal is to more accurately reflect the value of the play then maybe it would make more sense to have each touch have the yardage value pumped up but have a baseline negative value applied to every touch. That would hugely benefit WR without rewarding something (reception) that is already baked into the value of the yardage.

I've also heard of point per first down leagues. This might at least tie to something that inherently adds value in a football game. I've seen the numbers that this benefits WRs over RBs, but not to the point that PPR does. This would be easier to understand than the previous one I mentioned though.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So much talk about a 3rd draft pick. Poor guy is being treated like a 1st in Chitown world.

No, third round RB's are just as likely to get awards as anybody else, based on the team /system they fall into. I'm not predicting a OROY for him, but I will allow for him to be in the discussion at this premature date.

Treated like a first rounder by who? I think you made that up. Right before TC starts we are all allowed these exaggerations, you're a good poster, please keep posting.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I figure a good 1/3 of DM's touches will be checkdowns and audibles at the LOS. Much rests on Mitch, who should only command things better.

Good point about blocking. I don't recall reading that to be a worry or weakness, but NFL blocks take a lot more than college.

DM studies tape more than most/any though - waking college coaches for keys to film room at 1am.
If he can't block itwon't be due to mental midgeting. Dude seems more than coachable, so yeah, I'm assuming he'll dial it in.

Regardless of how things play out, this'll be an interesting thread to look back at with the #youcalledits

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think Patterson is going to be getting a few touches at RB also, and Nagy does not like to make the offense predictable, so he will rotate through all the RBs.

I do think that DM will be the #1 RB, but it will not be the same as other teams that rotate far less.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Regardless of how things play out, this'll be an interesting thread to look back at with the #youcalledits

I don't think it will be interesting at all. This thread is already beyond terrible, why would you want to revisit it?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one thought I could win CCS football poster of the year, but as it turned out literally anything is possible.

That said, I would say the odds of Monty winning OROY are somewhere around 999,999:1 against.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't think it will be interesting at all. This thread is already beyond terrible, why would you want to revisit it?

First thread visited in the off season, I get it newb.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yes thank you for contributing to the other non "terrible" threads on the message board.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Like your thread about the best sub forum..... Such an amazing thread in comparison. As opposed to talk bears football let's talk inconsequential matters.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Like your thread about the best sub forum..... Such an amazing thread in comparison. As opposed to talk bears football let's talk inconsequential matters.

I take responsibility for my terrible thread. They all can't be winners. Sometimes I use my 1st round draft pick on Stan Thomas. My bad.