David Montgomery Ranks Third as OROY Candidate

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ You guys are both totally right. Can only hope there's a bunch more offensive snaps to go around with more TOP & increased 1st downs presuming DM's average is a big enough jump over JHow's '18.

Basically earn himself more carries, especially late in games with bigger leads than '18. Weren't too many blowouts last season.

Bottom line, it's cool as hell this is even remotely feasible to talk about this with our Bears. Wins & SB first, rest is gravy.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Never in the history of football at any level has a player moved further up in rankings in May and June without even playing a single game.
i was bummed a bit but this feels good. I'm totally rooting for DM. watching all highlights possible and then ota interviews made me changed my opinion. especially what the coaches, players and media wrote about him.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Cohen will mainly be used as a WR and a “scat” back. Don’t see him taking that many carries away. Mike Davis in the earlier part of the season could be the real handicap IMO.
nah...your dreaming.

He will be scaled back enough that rookie of the year is even tough at the 800-1000 yard mark. He'll need 6-8 TDs and that might be tough in this backfield in this offense.
DM =worhorse
MD= Goal line and shorts
TC= A mismatch, pre-reads defenses and basically tear em' up. Also more punt return duties and he'll probably will be getting much more return yards cause our Defense is going to murder offenses' at time so TC will be seeing at ball kicked his way a lot more.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
nah...your dreaming.

He will be scaled back enough that rookie of the year is even tough at the 800-1000 yard mark. He'll need 6-8 TDs and that might be tough in this backfield in this offense.
You may be right but there is one thing that I think might improve his chances substantially and that is his receiving skills.

It has been reported that Montgomery has very good hands and runs surprisingly good routes. Add them to his juke skills, tackle breaking abilities and Nagy's offense, he may have some really nice numbers in the passing game that will augment his total offensive numbers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Way too much optimism on his production level this year.

I think people are overestimating what he will do.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The ability may be there but there's also no guarantees about how much time he'll actually be on the field. Hard for an O player on a team that spreads it around like this to become OROY unless it's the QB.

Bort

Liked Posts:
This is the easiest layup #calledit in the history of CCS. Barring injury, David Montgomery is going to be a great running back, and it's going to be totally obvious by like the 2nd or 3rd preseason game.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree. I could also see Harry in NEP in this range. I think Monty is going to be elite.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Never in the history of football at any level has a player moved further up in rankings in May and June without even playing a single game.

That has everything to do with where he went and how Nagy will use him and nothing to do with anything Montgomery has done.

Nagy thought he was to predictable with Howard in the backfield, that tells me Montgomery will get carries and targets, he will be the #1 RB. A great D will also mean having the lead and running out the clock.

What ever RB Pace took would be viewed as a possible OROTY just because of the circumstances.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That has everything to do with where he went and how Nagy will use him and nothing to do with anything Montgomery has done.

Nagy thought he was to predictable with Howard in the backfield, that tells me Montgomery will get carries and targets, he will be the #1 RB. A great D will also mean having the lead and running out the clock.

What ever RB Pace took would be viewed as a possible DPOY just because of the circumstances.

It is possible only with massive improvement and scheming by the OL.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is possible only with massive improvement and scheming by the OL.

LOL, more like a few minor tweaks. Montgomery is being dropped into a very good situation to succeed.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jesus Christ. Put the koolaid down already. We don't even know if he will be a competent blocker in the offense and people are already thinking OROY or sniffing the rushing title. Bitch please.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad I tossed a few long odd bets on the guy before they hype train catches up.
View attachment 2133

If you recall, Howard almost took the rushing title his rookie year, but didn't start for several weeks. Hunt took it as a rookie under a similar system. Not saying it WILL happen, but more likely than 95:1, jeebus.
Sure, if 3/4 of the running backs in the league get hurt. 60% of the time it works every time.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jesus Christ. Put the koolaid down already. We don't even know if he will be a competent blocker in the offense and people are already thinking OROY or sniffing the rushing title. Bitch please.

Based on nothing he has done but because of the situation he has been dropped into, he is in the early conversation for OROY, don't overreact. No one is calling him the favorite, just one potential candidate. I would guess that there were other RB's in the draft that would be getting the same consideration if Pace had picked them.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Based on nothing he has done but because of the situation he has been dropped into, he is in the early conversation for OROY, don't overreact. No one is calling him the favorite, just one potential candidate. I would guess that there were other RB's in the draft that would be getting the same consideration if Pace had picked them.

PUT THE KOOLAID DOWN