David Njoku or OJ Howard?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
We all know that rookie TEs take a long time to develop. If these two became available through trade, what kind of actual trade scenario would you be happy with? Howard for a 4th, and Njoku for a 6th for me

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I would take BOTH for that asking price.

Honestly, both Pace and Trubisky have planned and played at their best when Burton was playing well. A TE that can get open and catch the Ball is the key to Nagy's offense and when one gets hurt and the others do not step up the offense is dramatically less effective.

The reason I say both is because Injuries at that position seem to have killed any momentum.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Njoku IMO has been more productive but is hurt constantly, Howard is rated as an elite athlete which makes me wonder why he's never had the breakthrough year while his WR's have

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Cameron Brate.

danchi23

Liked Posts:
Id agree with both and use the draft to focus on depth at other positions. I like Howard a lot at Bama but i knew he wasnt going to us. I actually would call both teams and see what the price maybe.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They would laugh you out of the building with those offers.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
I would take BOTH for that asking price.

Honestly, both Pace and Trubisky have planned and played at their best when Burton was playing well. A TE that can get open and catch the Ball is the key to Nagy's offense and when one gets hurt and the others do not step up the offense is dramatically less effective.

The reason I say both is because Injuries at that position seem to have killed any momentum.
Maybe not totally the issue but Jameis was never fond of his TE's at FSU either...

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
both for sure, tho i like Njoku more.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
@dabears70 told me that no GM can predict the future and that none of us are GMs so GMs shouldn't be judged on their trades or draft picks
And I thought his logic would run more like "No GM can predict the future, none of us are GMs, so we should be able to predict the future.

He seems to be improving!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Howard-2nd
Njoku-3rd
Maybe after year two I'd consider a second for OJ, but he's had three mediocre years, consistently missed games, and has only one year left at a decent pay rate. I don't think you trade a second rounder for a 4th year tight end based on his unrealized talent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe after year two I'd consider a second for OJ, but he's had three mediocre years, consistently missed games, and has only one year left at a decent pay rate. I don't think you trade a second rounder for a 4th year tight end based on his unrealized talent.

Potential
Average numbers [except insane yards per catch]
2 cheap years

You are not getting that for a 4th.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Potential
Average numbers [except insane yards per catch]
2 cheap years

You are not getting that for a 4th.

I wrote not a second rounder. And I personally wouldn't spend a 3rd or even a 4th on him. I think at his career stage potential is a risky thing to trade that kind of capital on.

In 2021 on the 5th year option he's probably going to be $6-7mil, not really cheap for his production.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Neither. We're not in the position to be taking chances on players that either haven't stayed healthy or haven't produced when healthy or both. We gotta fix TE but we need to do better than shots in the dark.