De Haan Re-Injures Shoulder

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're right on Wiz. I did miss him on the team as a good #4 who was solid in the back end and had one wicked point shot. But, I do know that Pahlsson was more needed at the time. And even though the stick screwed up his knee, I was always partial to Wiz beating the snot out of Tootoo.

But yeah, Most from Seabook was either early on he and Phaneuf, but I always had him pegged more as a hitter: Case in point: Wakey Wakey and of course putting Cleary ass-over-teakettle into the bench at the WC.

Gilbert though? A solid 5 in my book. I hope he can stick, too.

Seabs was never that good of a fighter--at least in his weight class. He never was really head-and-shoulders better than Phaneuf, a common dance partner. His game was basically hitting as I aforementioned and now that he's Cullimore-slow he can't do that much anymore.
Yeah well Phaneuf married the Goddess Cuthbert and proved he was a giant among men.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, do I miss the days when Wiz and Vandermeer were on the blue line -- I loved Vandermeer as much as I loved Calder, lol. Anyways, toughest blue line in modern history to me.

Wiz's beatdown of Tootoo, Seabs destroying Backes, and Seabs destroying Cleary in the Winter Classic for injuring Kane the last time both teams met are some of my favorite Hawks memories.
Mine as well.

I do remember Vandermeer going toe-to-toe with Cooke, and during Movember his mustache made him look like Chief Quimby from the Inspector Gadget cartoon.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This and Bovquist prematurity make the joker-nylander issue sting that much more.

Expect a trade for defense is imminent and a surprising head may have to roll.

I hesitate to throw Stan under the Bus because Q was hot alot and admitted he lost the locker room over time....new voice. Just he went too far out of the box on replacement.

Stan fielded 9 forwards once again, and 2 goalies once again.

He has been predictably deprived of full deck Murphy, de haan, Maata, keith most of season. Gus lost a step. Is slow suddenly. So, the defense is a train wreck...

Repeat, trade and/or heads imminent.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This and Bovquist prematurity make the joker-nylander issue sting that much more.

Expect a trade for defense is imminent and a surprising head may have to roll.

I hesitate to throw Stan under the Bus because Q was hot alot and admitted he lost the locker room over time....new voice. Just he went too far out of the box on replacement.

Stan fielded 9 forwards once again, and 2 goalies once again.

He has been predictably deprived of full deck Murphy, de haan, Maata, keith most of season. Gus lost a step. Is slow suddenly. So, the defense is a train wreck...

Repeat, trade and/or heads imminent.
Except the defense has sucked donkey balls since 2016. We can't really say that because we don't have deHaan, Keith, and Murphy that the D is a trainwreck--it was a trainwreck even with them iced.

And the FWDs and coaching are part of that equation--especially with Toews playing like Arkhipov and JC coaching like Alpo Suhonen.