Debunking Meatball Myths: "The Bears are a Cold Weather Team"

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As you can see, it falls off fairly quick.

Correct answers were:
Packers
Bears
Viking
Chiefs

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
10 degrees is far too limiting. 4 teams have never played an outdoor game in that temperature, 12 other teams have only played 1 game.

Just for shits and giggles, the bears still finished 11th going 8-5 (in 48 years worth of football!) But again, 5 of the teams ahead of them have played 1 game and are 1-0.

Football isn't played in that cold of a temperature. Those are extreme outliers.
You are probably right that it is too limiting. I guess just cold weather is not really something that a team could lay it's hat on as being good at since in order for it to affect the game dramatically, it happens pretty rarely. Maybe the Steelers have something going from your original statistics.

When I think of teams that play well in simply bad weather, I think of the Steelers and Patriots and really no one else. Steelers pounded us in 2005 when we played at their place in the snow and Orton looked frozen. Urlacher got ran over into the endzone by the bus. Then in 2010, we got romped by the Patriots in that snow and wind game at soldier field. Both those games we had good seasons going so we can't use the poor team excuse there.

I did think the Bears would have been above 15th though.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why do you keep tagging bearmick?
So he can grade my posts or challenge my answers seeing he is 100% smarter than me and I am always looking to learn about things that I do not know about....

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Those plains states can have such dramatic temperature ranges. Can get hot as fuck in the summer and then really low pressure and bitterly cold in the winter at times.
No doubt, we were at the Cutler come back game in KC and it was warm as hell for a game in mid October

@bearmick

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Actually, I'd like @bearmick s opinion on the OP
As would I. I value anybody’s opinions and try to take from them what I can. I know as a person who sat through most of those 13 games 10 or below I can say I would rather not have “bear weather”

@bearmick

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Go ahead and dig up the data brothers. I'm eating brunch, I can't do literally all the work.

Not that important to me to do all that work. I never said you were wrong just giving a reason why your stats possibly show what they show.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets