Decade of Depression

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
No, it's not the duration of Leomaz' unemployment, but the length of Bears suckage from 1965 to 1975.

Many noobs here werent born during this time so trust me when I say it sucked

Things didn't get much better in 1976.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wasn't born but I've seen the records. The fluke 2001 season aside, the second half of the 90s and first half of the 00s has to be fairly close.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
@Grimson is necroing decade old threads and you're necroing 5-decade-old YouTube videos. Training camp is only 3 weeks away....

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What was worse about the 70s was the amount of lying and homerism by the media. There was no ESPN or national media so you were left with the ranting of local homers and the tribune which were puppets for the Bears. Every year they predicted great things and you really had no way to fact check it. The truth was the Bears were absolutely horrible with no chance of a winning season

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
No, it's not the duration of Leomaz' unemployment, but the length of Bears suckage from 1965 to 1975.

I thought this was going to be about your posting history (CBMB and CCS combined)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't born but I've seen the records. The fluke 2001 season aside, the second half of the 90s and first half of the 00s has to be fairly close.

Heck...even the decade immediately following the Super Bowl loss was pretty depressing if you look at more than the records. Even the winning seasons had depressing ends.

(Rooting for the Pack, Kneegate, etc)

When the highlight of the decade is losing to Green Bay at Solider Field for the Halas Trophy...you know it was seroiusly depressing.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heck...even the decade immediately following the Super Bowl loss was pretty depressing if you look at more than the records. Even the winning seasons had depressing ends.

When the highlight of the decade is losing to Green Bay at Solider Field for the Halas Trophy...you know it was seroiusly depressing.

The Bears passing over two future HOF QBs to take a mediocre bum was really tough as well.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
@Leomaz lives rent free in your head.
LMFAO.....I haven’t been unemployed since I was 14 years old....not sure if that’s good or bad but I’m damn sure ready to enjoy some retirement. I have worked a lot of hours in my life and drove my fair share to work as well.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I swear some men were conceived by anal sex. There is no way being that much of an asshole is natural.

• Haha
Reactions: DC

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears passing over two future HOF QBs to take a mediocre bum was really tough as well.

If Trubisky falls into mediocrity...drafting him and signing Glennon in 2017 will probably go down as the Death Blow of that Decade of Depression

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

What was Kneegate?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What was worse about the 70s was the amount of lying and homerism by the media. There was no ESPN or national media so you were left with the ranting of local homers and the tribune which were puppets for the Bears. Every year they predicted great things and you really had no way to fact check it. The truth was the Bears were absolutely horrible with no chance of a winning season
I could eat a whole bowl of alphabet soup, shit it out, and have something better than u just said.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Lol. So that's the official debacle name?

I wasn't familiar with that name. I don't think it got more than 1 hour of time in the media because no one cared about the Bears...it was like "Here is your justification to not like Cutler!" even if it wasn't really true. The odd part is that the people who should have been most upset about it (Bears fans), were the people 'defending' every aspect of the story. Why?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

It was. 90s were not great. I just remember Favre breaking away from 'sure' sacks and throwing TDs. Probably luckily for me I was a bit away from football the 90s and early 2000s.