DeCamillis

Madden

Liked Posts:
Is there any reason why he's still our Special Teams coach?

We are horrible at returns and can't stop returns. This is an obvious weak spot and I guarantee you it will cost us wins if we don't do something SOON.

Are there any other options?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
He'll be the first coach fired. Will he even make it to mid-season?!

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt since the STs were not nearly as bad as people suggested last year, but pre season or no the unit has been fucking terrible the past few weeks. I'll give Trest a flyer on his first hires for coordinators, but if they don't show vast improvement soon he needs to fire these bastards and get the right guys in place.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are fuggin stuck with DeC. What a friggin letdown after all those years with Toub and Devin

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just cant trust a skinnyfat man in a visor.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
From what I hear his system is pretty difficult to learn, which makes no sense to have with the turnover of people you have on ST's

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude was horrible in Dallas as well.

Was he? I didn't watch mush of Dallas outside of highlights of Dewayne Harris (ecu alum). Punt and kick returns seemed to do very well there.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't he considered for HC jobs? I don't understand how he cant even get a ST unit to play at least serviceable.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get what Trestman saw in either of these clowns when he hires them. There had to have been someone better available.

kurutoga

Liked Posts:
I don't get what Trestman saw in either of these clowns when he hires them. There had to have been someone better available.

Was it Tresman's decision? DeCamillis was kicked out of Dallas and he has no landing spots. I always thought he has some special connections with Emery or the Bears. That is the reason he was hired as both a assistant head coach and ST coach.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
it's not about the Returner, who all the outsiders seem worried about... IT"S THE BLOCKING. The hole scheme is garbage so far. I'm hoping this changes when we decide exactly who's on ST's.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Was it Tresman's decision? DeCamillis was kicked out of Dallas and he has no landing spots. I always thought he has some special connections with Emery or the Bears. That is the reason he was hired as both a assistant head coach and ST coach.
Being that Trestman had no bargaining power & this was potentially his last opportunity to be a NFL Head Coach, I'm willing to believe DeCamillis & Tucker were Emery hires.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wut? He wasn't kicked out of Dallas. He was hired as assistant HC because you can't make a lateral move in the NFL. That is unless a coach is fired.

Don't get me wrong, his unit sucks. I'm just saying that stuff you posted is pretty false I believe.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Took a while to hire Trestman and pickens were slim. These guys got another shot because of the lack of players last year. Doesn't change the fact that they didn't get their players in positions to succeed either then or now. We can only hope they've been putting players in positions to evaluate them.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wut? He wasn't kicked out of Dallas. He was hired as assistant HC because you can't make a lateral move in the NFL. That is unless a coach is fired.

Don't get me wrong, his unit sucks. I'm just saying that stuff you posted is pretty false I believe.

You're right. He wasn't kicked out, but Dallas wasn't exactly mad that he was leaving either. I remember many of the fans were laughing at the Bears for hiring him when it happened.