Deep Ball Project data

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict a lot of internet anger in this thread.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
we now have 2 years of data for Trubisky for the deep ball project. Some of this data may surprise, IMO it shows that the statement Kyle Long made recently is dead on. Here is the data from the previous season https://brickwallblitz.com/2020/02/21/the-2019-20-deep-ball-project-part-1-3/ ....interested to hear your opinions on if the data matches your perceptions

My perception was that Nagy did not allow Trubisky to throw down the field much and that was because of the oline and a lack of trust in Trubisky....

I saw Trubisky being much better in year three throw to the swing routes and hitting guys in stride doing so much better than year 2.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also saw Trubisky as better under a traditional, under center, PA passer.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
This will show people how much Mitch is judged in Chicago based on who was drafted his year and not at an objective level based on his actual accuracy numbers.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This will show people how much Mitch is judged in Chicago based on who was drafted his year and not at an objective level based on his actual accuracy numbers.
Huh? You don’t need data to know how much he sucks. I’m not clicking that fucking link. Wide open downfield runners who aren’t thrown to or overthrows by 5 yards. The national perception was that Trubisky was terrible before the season started. Chicago thought he was better than the national coverage before the season now I would say they’re right in line with each other ie the worst starting QB in the NFL

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Translated: "you won't accept facts because they hurt your feelings. "
And what will you say when Trubisky is gone next year and is never a starter ever again? That brick shit blitz knows more than everyone else in the world with a pair of eyes?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
And what will you say when Trubisky is gone next year and is never a starter ever again? That brick shit blitz knows more than everyone else in the world with a pair of eyes?
I don't pretend I could read the future. I handle situations as they develop. If the facts change on Mitch as time goes on so will my interpretation of him.

coolio

Liked Posts:
He didn’t have a lot of attempts first off, especially this year. I honestly trust him to make a more complicated deep ball than an easy one.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didn’t have a lot of attempts first off, especially this year. I honestly trust him to make a more complicated deep ball than an easy one.
The league average was 49 attempts and he had 46

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The biggest issue is that he doesn't throw enough of them but his arm is fine. I have more issue with his short lobs , which have gotten a lot better, than with his long ball or short rifle shots. It also has something to do with time to throw but his self induced immobility and slowish but improving reads contributed to that as well. With as shitty as he played last year, his throws and reads were better but he still needs significant improvement on anticipation of routes if he's gonna be a pocket passer, or get mobile until somebody breaks open.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is a lot of data. It's going to take me awhile to consume it and turn this into a "Mitch sucks" thread with praises for Mahomes sprinkled in.

What's wrong with some honesty?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Haters will say Case Keenum is higher on this list, cheaper, and doesn’t cry on the sidelines.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I also saw Trubisky as better under a traditional, under center, PA passer.
this is precisely what shocked me, I feel like Nagy is trying to make him comfortable by doing shotgun like he did in college but he's actually better under center which blew my mind.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is precisely what shocked me, I feel like Nagy is trying to make him comfortable by doing shotgun like he did in college but he's actually better under center which blew my mind.

I wanted to throw something at the computer screen when I saw Nagy stop using the traditional PA passing. Trubisky was pretty good under it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's certainly better than I expected.