Derek Carr sends cryptic message to Bears

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The question is the assets it would take to get him worth more than the upgrades we could use at OL, TE, potentially CB and safety. I think so.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This is an interesting dark horse outcome. I'm not really sure what he would cost? His contract is not bad, roughly $19mil/year over the next three with little guaranteed. But if Oakland does sign someone like Brady or Bridgewater the writing will be on the wall and probably the price will drop. A fourth this year and a 4th next year? I really don't know.

You'd also have to be able to unload Mitch if you were to trade for Carr. Mitch would cost less than $5mil to the other team if he was traded, so it would probably be possible. That's fair money for a good backup.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This is an interesting dark horse outcome. I'm not really sure what he would cost? His contract is not bad, roughly $19mil/year over the next three with little guaranteed. But if Oakland does sign someone like Brady or Bridgewater the writing will be on the wall and probably the price will drop. A fourth this year and a 4th next year? I really don't know.
What about Floyd and a second? I’ve seen that flying around twitter and other places but that seems unrealistically low for Carr.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
What about Floyd and a second? I’ve seen that flying around twitter and other places but that seems unrealistically low for Carr.
If it is true that Raiders are wanting to move on from Carr, that wouldn't be a bad trade at all for the Bears. I think Carr is highly under rated and interested to see how this all plays out.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This would be a great move for the bears at the right price

This guy is a step above a game manager too

Basically Alex smith + until we get enough draft picks back to take a shot at our mahomes

msadows

Liked Posts:
It takes just about anything involving a qb to get you nerds excited, huh?

I'd take carr in an instant over mitch, maybe not for 16.5m, but still.

However, this is non news. They were good buddies when on the raiders. People read too much into social media shit nowadays.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
His cap hit would be tough this year, as far as surrounding him with good pieces, but it's very cheap overall for the next three years.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Now that would be interesting.

Carr would essentially then have a net added cap hit of 3m, and everyone would get rid of their least favorite defensive player.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ben Allbright on Twitter who has proven to be very reputable before just tweeted the bears are quietly looking into qb’s and would be interested in carr if the raiders move on

No shit, a team with an under performing qb would be interested in a former pro bowl qb if he is let go.

Wonder how much these "journalists" get paid.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
No shit, a team with an under performing qb would be interested in a former pro bowl qb if he is let go.

Wonder how much these "journalists" get paid.

Not if they’re still on in on trubisky like they claimed publicly

This is important news because it confirms they’re looking for than just a guy like mariota or dalton

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We still won't know for at least another month. There will be a ton of speculation, but I'll be happy if we get someone. Whether or not we trade Trubisky himself will be interesting.

I'm certain Gruden doesn't want Trubisky. In a video back in '17 he scouted Trubisky and didn't like the accuracy on his deep ball - Pace missed that somehow. He was blinded by the Toyota he drove.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not if they’re still on in on trubisky like they claimed publicly

This is important news because it confirms they’re looking for than just a guy like mariota or dalton

Any team without a successful qb will be looking to upgrade the qb position in any way possible.

Yea, they are in on mitch, but they also aren't stupid. If tom brady knocks on their door on march 17th and asks to be a bear they break up with mitch.

Mariota/Dalton/Keenum is just a much more likely addition considering Brady/Brees/Bridgewater are more than likely not coming here or not affordable.

Ohh, and this isn't news. Once again, its an athlete posting a picture of himself with another athlete, who just so happened to be one of his best buds when he was on the team. Athletes are allowed to be friends with other athletes.

Remember when everyone shit their pants every time Bryce Harper posted a picture with Kris Bryant?

msadows

Liked Posts:
We still won't know for at least another month. There will be a ton of speculation, but I'll be happy if we get someone. Whether or not we trade Trubisky himself will be interesting.

I'm certain Gruden doesn't want Trubisky. In a video back in '17 he scouted Trubisky and didn't like the accuracy on his deep ball - Pace missed that somehow. He was blinded by the Toyota he drove.

I mean, pace didn't miss it. Watson also had a weak deep ball.

And we might find out earlier than a month if Carr ends up being cut. Doubtful, but who knows.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Now that would be interesting.

Carr would essentially then have a net added cap hit of 3m, and everyone would get rid of their least favorite defensive player.
I can’t see the raiders wanting Floyd though. They want a pure pass rusher to pair Key with.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
One nice thing is this is a relative buyers market for QBs - extremely rare.

QB needy teams: Dallas (likely to sign Dak); Minny (no cap space, probably keep KC); Bears; Tampa; Carolina (likely rebuild phase)

New England; IND; San Diego; Las Vegas (potentially); Tennessee; Miami, Cincy; Pittsburgh (maybe).

Of those, at least three are going to fill their need with Burrow (Cincy), Tua, and Herbert. Dallas, Minny, Carolina, and Pit are unlikely to do anything drastic assuming Dallas keeps Dak.

That leaves relatively few teams with a huge need at QB and a decent list of QBs, plus a guy in Love who a team could draft with the intention of being a starter in the near term. Will be interesting.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Wait a minute. I read here that Carr sucks in cold weather and isn't worth shit only like a few weeks ago!!