Do bears fans need to get over mahomes and watson?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
One of the common arguments i hear from pace lovers is that bears fans need to get over watson and mahomes because it was in the past and nothing will undo that. Well i for one don't think bears fans should get over the drafting of a bust over two future hof players. If you asked most fans to make the pick they would have picked watson. The most obvious choice would have been a good choice and pace tried to get too cute. Instead of having one of the two players dubbed the next brady and manning we are stuck with a bust who will probably be out of the league in a few years. This is not something true fans should get over easily.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
There’s two choices.
1: get over it, hope Mitch gets better or the beloved dumps him and finds their own HOF QB.
2: bitch about it every single day forever.
Neither one makes a bit of difference.

that and until the next 5 or so years play out, nobody knows who will be what. So enjoy a Packers loss and quit bitching for a day. Or a week.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
There’s two choices.
1: get over it, hope Mitch gets better or the beloved dumps him and finds their own HOF QB.
2: bitch about it every single day forever.
Neither one makes a bit of difference.

that and until the next 5 or so years play out, nobody knows who will be what. So enjoy a Packers loss and quit bitching for a day. Or a week.
I choose to bitch everyday. Kiss my ass.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Yeah but there's no football reason why Trubisky was taken over Watson*. The pick of Trubisky had more to do than just football reasons. I definitely think Pace isn't a racist, but if Mitch was black we would have prob taken Jamal Adams cause Pace hated Deshaun and thought he was a scrub. If Trubisky was black I also think he doesn't rise up in the draft like he did.

Bears need to hope they get a franchise QB in 2021. Andy Dalton won't save us. Nick Foles won't save us.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What, in the last 100 years, makes you think that if we drafted those QB's they would have succeeded?

Yea, no.
This has absolutely no basis in fact. Have you seen any of those guys play? they make football look easy. And one them watson has a shitty coach.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Yeah but there's no football reason why Trubisky was taken over Watson*. The pick of Trubisky had more to do than just football reasons. I definitely think Pace isn't a racist, but if Mitch was black we would have prob taken Jamal Adams cause Pace hated Deshaun and thought he was a scrub. If Trubisky was black I also think he doesn't rise up in the draft like he did.

Bears need to hope they get a franchise QB in 2021. Andy Dalton won't save us. Nick Foles won't save us.
I think race played a huge role. He didn't even meet with watson while he had dinner with trubs a bunch of times. He said he saw himself in mitch. That's some racist shit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I was watching Mahomes lift the Lamar Hunt trophy I couldn't help but feel a lot of frustration towards Pace. IMO, this will go down as one of the biggest, if not the biggest draft blunder in NFL history. The only thing that will save it from becoming the biggest is Trubisky becoming an average NFL QB that hangs around the league for 10 to 12 years. At that point you might be able to say, "You win some, you lose some." But if this guy ends up getting benched next year, his career is probably over, and it will be the biggest NFL draft blunder ever.

I'm going to try to "get over it" this off season. The good thing is at least if Trubs continues to be bad, we can rip the band-aid off and start looking for a new QB with our 2021 first round pick - that will help a lot of people move on.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes, we need to let it go, it serves no purpose to keep rehashing who we could have had. We must look forward from 2020 and on

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Should the Blazers get over Michael Jordan?

No, Bears fans will never get over Mahomes and Watson until they have their own Mahomes or Watson---and that's exactly how it should be. This franchise should have to carry that scarlet letter until that day comes.