Do bears fans need to get over mahomes and watson?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
You do. The point was that part is over and the pick was not a reach. I'm not defending Paces obvious mistake here. I'm just past it. You guys continue to bitch all you want. Won't change a thing and it's not like anyone needs the reminder. No one is oblivious enough to ever forget. Nothing informative or constructive about it.

Fair post. I'm actually not bitching but down on Pace for the past mistake some are weirdly and strangely EAGER to "move on" from. Smells bad imo.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am not claiming Mitch was safe. Only remembering a few pieces saying Mitch's floor was higher than Watson and Mahomes in how he approached the game. If hindsight is 20/20, NFL draft foresight is cataract-filled

and often simply searching for new turns of phrase to say something about QBs they have already ranked by Pat Kirwan's method and eye test.
I was more so responding to the post you were responding to. I’m agreeing with you, Watson was the safest

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Says the guy worried about who we drafted in 05. I think you have bitched at least 30 times about drafting benson over rodgers.
So you are the only one who doesn’t get my point.....GET OVER IT YOU DUMBASS YOU CAN’T CHANGE IT. My GOD you are dense. Nobody cares anymore. We could of had joe freaking Montana you dipshit....nobody cares

jive

Liked Posts:
No worries fellas, Bears management will sooner or later make a dumber move that will make you forget this one.

Somewhere out there, there is a future Bears GM just waiting to say "Hold my beer!"

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Do Bears fans need to get over Mahomes/Watson? Of course.

Will they? Of course not.

downey-questions.gif

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
So you are the only one who doesn’t get my point.....GET OVER IT YOU DUMBASS YOU CAN’T CHANGE IT. My GOD you are dense. Nobody cares anymore. We could of had joe freaking Montana you dipshit....nobody cares
Most bears fans that aren't pace loyalists care. If someone was bitching about trading a 1st for mirer, trading a 2nd for bust gaines adams, the cutler contract, or the benson pick that you always bitch about I would agree with you because those idiots are gone. However the idiot that traded up for trubisky instead of drafting watson and mahomes is still here and this deserves to be discussed in evaluation of him.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Most bears fans that aren't pace loyalists care. If someone was bitching about trading a 1st for mirer, trading a 2nd for bust gaines adams, the cutler contract, or the benson pick that you always bitch about I would agree with you because those idiots are gone. However the idiot that traded up for trubisky instead of drafting watson and mahomes is still here and this deserves to be discussed in evaluation of him.
YAWNNNNN

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

There's a difference between being critical of Pace for making the biggest mistake of his career, and incessantly whining non-stop like babies, and making snarky comments about shit when discussing other shit. It's honestly like we have a clique of bitchy high school girls just talking shit about how much of a slut Becky is all day every day. It's sad imo.

Nothing can be done about the mistake right now. Pace is GM for at least another season. Nagy is HC for at least another season. Maybe Trubisky gets replaced in the offseason, though. Keep your fingers crossed for that. But you have to look forward and hope that shit either gets better, or implodes and the team gets new blood. Because what's the point of dwelling in the past that you absolutely cannot change?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nope, still ain't over it

mecha

Liked Posts:
how many fucking times does this team need new blood. it literally is the NFC Browns. luck with injuries aside, how was the team pretty overall good across the board in 2018 and worthless in 2019?

was still better than the Fox era. shit, you could almost* add 2 Fox seasons up to get 8-8!

*almost

jive

Liked Posts:
It's good to see that we're no longer stuck in 1985, and have now moved on to being stuck in 2017.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not claiming Mitch was safe. Only remembering a few pieces saying Mitch's floor was higher than Watson and Mahomes in how he approached the game. If hindsight is 20/20, NFL draft foresight is cataract-filled

and often simply searching for new turns of phrase to say something about QBs they have already ranked by Pat Kirwan's method and eye test.
I honestly never heard that. Seemed to always be Mahomes that all were saying had the highest ceiling. All 3 QBs had concerns according to the "experts".

Watson was too slender and thus his style of play would get him hurt at the NFL level. Was not required to fully read defenses in the offense he played. He rushed anticipatory throws. Too many INTs due to not letting routes develop. Would need to work on foot work from under center and over striding on throws.

Trubisky lacked experience. Played in a space based passing attack exclusively from shotgun. Inconsistent deep ball touch and lacked pocket awareness. Would need to work on foot work from under center, become more pocket aware and get better at reading blitzes.

Mahomes was said to be too eager in looking for explosive plays and resorted too often to playground style. Would need good coaching at the NFL level to get him to play within the offense and show discipline. If coachable, he has the highest ceiling in the draft class.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I honestly never heard that. Seemed to always be Mahomes that all were saying had the highest ceiling. All 3 QBs had concerns according to the "experts".

Watson was too slender and thus his style of play would get him hurt at the NFL level. Was not required to fully read defenses in the offense he played. He rushed anticipatory throws. Too many INTs due to not letting routes develop. Would need to work on foot work from under center and over striding on throws.

Trubisky lacked experience. Played in a space based passing attack exclusively from shotgun. Inconsistent deep ball touch and lacked pocket awareness. Would need to work on foot work from under center, become more pocket aware and get better at reading blitzes.

Mahomes was said to be too eager in looking for explosive plays and resorted too often to playground style. Would need good coaching at the NFL level to get him to play within the offense and show discipline. If coachable, he has the highest ceiling in the draft class.

Oh most all I read said Mahomes had the highest ceiling too but that his floor was also lowest (boom or bust). Like I said: Favre or Jeff George/Cutler who really only stayed around because of their arm strength and neither lasted with the team that drafted them.