Do you miss Jay Cutler?

• Yes

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters

meangreek

Liked Posts:
As a Bear fan, we had Kordell Stewart, Rick Mirer and so many bad QBS, it was nice to have someone who had great potential.
He wasnt a finished product when we got him but we did ruin him.

jive

Liked Posts:
look at what Matt Forte average in yards per carry and look what Monty and Howard did....

Matt Forte had 2 down years in 2009 and 2014.....all the other years he was over 4 yards a carry...

Trubisky hasn't had a runner over 3.7 yards a carry in Nagy's offense. That is .1 better than Matt Forte's worst year...

What are you looking at?
I'm looking at the running game as a whole, not just the starting RB.

2009 - 1492 rushing yards, 29th in league
2010 - 1616 rushing yards, 22nd in league
2014 - 1441 rushing yards, 27th in league

Trubisky had a decent running game in 2018 with 1938 yards rushing. Cutler only had that amount or more twice in his 8 year tenure with the Bears.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm looking at the running game as a whole, not just the starting RB.

2009 - 1492 rushing yards, 29th in league
2010 - 1616 rushing yards, 22nd in league
2014 - 1441 rushing yards, 27th in league

Trubisky had a decent running game in 2018 with 1938 yards rushing. Cutler only had that amount or more twice in his 8 year tenure with the Bears.

You are confusing total yards with an actual weapon on the field. Part of Fortes game was receiving yards out of the backfield.

Teams had to account for this and actually put people in the box.

the Bears 2018 rushing game was helped significantly by Trubisky running the ball. The load back, Howard, was somewhat pedestrian last year.

Montgomery production was extremely pedestrian.

The whole point of the running game is for defenses to have to account for it. No team feared the Bears backfield this year. Hence why they saw a fuck ton of base and nickel/dime D. That hurt Trubisky.

Teams had to account for Matt Forte's production on the ground. His yards per carry was pretty damn good and his short pass production was good.

So when you just point out total yards you are not getting a realistic picture of the force that Matt Forte was and the how the defense had to account for him vs what defenses did vs the Bears this last year.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
+1 for Cutlercopter

correct. he was on the team at like all the wrong times. great defense, trash personnel on offense. great offense, record setting worst defense to give games away. also even Drew Brees and Tom Brady had 4 INT games, but whatever.

some stats from one of the comments:
"Bears defensive rankings:

'09 - 22nd (7-9)
'10 - 4th (11-5)
'11 - 14th (8-8)
'12 - 3rd (10-6)
'13 - 31st (8-8)
'14 - 31st (5-11)
'15 - 20nd (6-11)
'16 - 24th (3-13) [Played 5 games]

It's almost like the team is better or something when you've got a good defense, crazy right?"

I didn't realize the defense was shit the majority of the time. rofl
2013 offense was the greatest offense in bears history and went to complete waste on a really bad defense. 2nd in the league in scoring behind Manning's record breaking year

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
2013 offense was the greatest offense in bears history and went to complete waste on a really bad defense. 2nd in the league in scoring behind Manning's record breaking year

The Bears were actually 6th in offensive points scored.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LoL

Hey remember that time that Jay Culter was completely outclassed at QB by some guy that was last seen coaching high school kids and instead of cutting his sorry butt...Phil Emery gives Cutler a seven year contract.

Jay Cutler is a ****ing loser and I have not missed watching him implode on my television every ****ing year for even one ****ing second.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
LoL

Hey remember that time that Jay Culter was completely outclassed at QB by some guy that was last seen coaching high school kids and instead of cutting his sorry butt...Phil Emery gives Cutler a seven year contract.

Jay Cutler is a ****ing loser and I have not missed watching him implode on my television every ****ing year for even one ****ing second.
Mccown also outplayed Wentz in their recent playoff game. And Mccown had a 109 QB rating and still went 2-2 that's how bad the defense was. I'm sure a 109 QB rating would have been 1st in the league if he played like that the whole year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mccown also outplayed Wentz in their recent playoff game. And Mccown had a 109 QB rating and still went 2-2 that's how bad the defense was. I'm sure a 109 QB rating would have been 1st in the league if he played like that the whole year.

3rd....but better than Cutler for sure

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Imagine if the Bears gave him a five year deal in 2014. Trubisky could have had time to develop behind Big Game Josh instead of watching Mike Glennon look bad for five games and then "Welcome to the NFL!"

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Imagine if the Bears gave him a five year deal in 2014. Trubisky could have had time to develop behind Big Game Josh instead of watching Mike Glennon look bad for five games and then "Welcome to the NFL!"
Mike freaking Glennon is such a bum. He couldn't hold Mccowns jock strap when it comes to being a leader and a good player. Mahomes got to sit behind Alex Smith at least.