Do you miss Jay Cutler?

• Yes

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
How old is Cutty? 36? If he has stayed in shape somewhat, I would absolutely try to bring him back for a year or two until we draft a QB in 2021 (if Trubisky continues to decline next season). No doubt in my mind he would have put up better stats than Trubisky last season, even with the dysfunction that was going on in the offense.

I would sign him over both Dalton and Mariota, Alex Smith may never play again, and no way in hell do I take on Foles' bloated contract. He would be cheaper probably, also. And I sure as hell would rather have him as a backup over Chase.

ANIMUS

Liked Posts:
I don’t miss CutNuts, but I always wonder how he would have been with coaches and coordinators that weren’t complete shit.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I want Cutler back...

+1 for Cutlercopter

I don’t miss CutNuts, but I always wonder how he would have been with coaches and coordinators that weren’t complete shit.

correct. he was on the team at like all the wrong times. great defense, trash personnel on offense. great offense, record setting worst defense to give games away. also even Drew Brees and Tom Brady had 4 INT games, but whatever.

some stats from one of the comments:
"Bears defensive rankings:

'09 - 22nd (7-9)
'10 - 4th (11-5)
'11 - 14th (8-8)
'12 - 3rd (10-6)
'13 - 31st (8-8)
'14 - 31st (5-11)
'15 - 20nd (6-11)
'16 - 24th (3-13) [Played 5 games]

It's almost like the team is better or something when you've got a good defense, crazy right?"

I didn't realize the defense was shit the majority of the time. rofl

Last edited:

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
+1 for Cutlercopter

correct. he was on the team at like all the wrong times. great defense, trash personnel on offense. great offense, record setting worst defense to give games away. also even Drew Brees and Tom Brady had 4 INT games, but whatever.

some stats from one of the comments:
"Bears defensive rankings:

'09 - 22nd (7-9)
'10 - 4th (11-5)
'11 - 14th (8-8)
'12 - 3rd (10-6)
'13 - 31st (8-8)
'14 - 31st (5-11)
'15 - 20nd (6-11)
'16 - 24th (3-13) [Played 5 games]

It's almost like the team is better or something when you've got a good defense, crazy right?"

I didn't realize the defense was shit the majority of the time. rofl
It’s hard to play defense when 9/10 times your offense goes three-and-out or has a turnover.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It’s hard to play defense when 9/10 times your offense goes three-and-out or has a turnover.

wasn't much of a problem during the Trestman years though. that offense moved, the defense was atrocious. Martz system they were decent too, but that was with the smurf receivers that got raped by DBs. Gase year was all false starts and gimmick plays that went nowhere, Cutler converted a lot of 3rd and longs. I stand by my point he was just there at the wrong time. if Marinelli could've stuck around for Trestman it would've maybe turned out different. the other point I stand by is Cutler needed to go, we're in an entirely different universe of dumpster fire today however.

in fact, offensive line was always garbage for Cutler before and after Trestman. but oh well.

franchise is just shit top to bottom.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears make playoffs with Cutler this last season.
Discuss.

gonna be a lot of #triggered motherfuckers mirite

this fanbase would run Peyton Manning out of town. change my mind.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
remember how pissed you guys were at Trubisky last year?

To put this into perspective, last year would have been an average Jay Cutler year.,...

Jay Cutler on average threw just over 18TDs a year and 13 INTS a year with a passer rating of 85.3 and a completion of 62%

Whenever you wish for Cutler, make an active choice to stop being stupid.

jive

Liked Posts:
The one thing that Cutler would have helped in the 2019 season is that if we got some bone-headed play call from Nagy, he would change it up in the huddle and possibly succeed. Whereas, Mitch has no confidence in his ability to read a defense or feel the flow of the game to have the balls to pull something like that.

Cutler did more with a whole lot less. Cutty had a worse line and worse receivers most years, and some years with one of the worst defenses in the league. The front office did a much less to try to form the team around him as well. Mitch has, and continues to get coddled like a bubble boy.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I've had Cutty Come Back playing on a loop in my car for the last two months

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Some of his throws were incredible bla bla bla. For every incredible throw, there were eight to ten stupid ass interceptions. He was a moron

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Still enjoy watching Cutty on his television show.

cd35

Liked Posts:
I always respected Jay. Really one of the toughest SOB's, he got destroyed and always just got back up. Plus the media made him this evil character and he genuinely didn't give a fuck which is rare, most people can't handle that.

He was never what the Bears thought he was(bc they're beyond stupid). He was still growing and learning as a qb in Denver and they literally thought all they had to do was get him and it didn't matter if they had a line or receivers, he would just make magic. And they ruined him.

It would have been nice to see what might have happened under Arians but you know... the Chicago Bears have always been football stupid since the 40's...

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If you immediately go from watching Mitch throw the ball to watching Cutler sling it it's disgusting how much more arm talent cutty has.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its not the arm talent. Its the grey matter. Cutler never had a problem letting it loose. Nagy has done everything in his power to castrate Trubisky of any aggression. Its a fucking joke. Every year that goes by I realize Nagy is anything but an offensive mind. Unless you mean how offensive his offense and play calling is to the senses.