1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Do you miss Jay Cutler?

well.....lets take a quick look?

---------

here's more on jay's talent

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
naw, he had 8 seasons...

hard to sugarcoat 2-11 record vs packers and just one playoff appearance during that span. He had some good teams surround him too...

jive

Liked Posts:
One thing that Cutler had that Mitch doesn't is balls. Yes, he made mistakes, but he didn't play scared like Mitch does.
Jay had much better arm talent than Mitch, and his mobility wasn't that far behind. We had some crappy teams with Cutler, but even our worst offenses led by Cutler was never as bad as the 2019 offense led by Trubisky.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing that Cutler would have helped in the 2019 season is that if we got some bone-headed play call from Nagy, he would change it up in the huddle and possibly succeed. Whereas, Mitch has no confidence in his ability to read a defense or feel the flow of the game to have the balls to pull something like that.

Cutler did more with a whole lot less. Cutty had a worse line and worse receivers most years, and some years with one of the worst defenses in the league. The front office did a much less to try to form the team around him as well. Mitch has, and continues to get coddled like a bubble boy.

Cutler had Forte most of his career, Marshall several years and Alston Jeffery longer

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
One thing that Cutler had that Mitch doesn't is balls. Yes, he made mistakes, but he didn't play scared like Mitch does.
Jay had much better arm talent than Mitch, and his mobility wasn't that far behind. We had some crappy teams with Cutler, but even our worst offenses led by Cutler was never as bad as the 2019 offense led by Trubisky.
If u look at the vids in the link below, I think you'll see a guy with a erratic, inaccurate arm who didn't protect the ball and couldn't read D. jay was brought here at a high cost ( gave up 2 1st round picks +++). jay was brought here to lift the team, IMO he did the opposite.

#81 <<<

jive

Liked Posts:
Cutler had Forte most of his career, Marshall several years and Alston Jeffery longer
Cutler also had Frank Omiyale, JMarcus Webb, Chris Williams, Lance Louis, Chilo Rachal and Gabe Carimi. He also lost his best lineman in Olin Kreutz during his tenure here as well. As bad as our offensive line was this year, it was never as bad as the ones Cutler had. The crappy offensive line that we have now never gave up 9 sacks in 1 half like Cutler's did against the Giants.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
After watching the 2010 divisional playoff game, I do miss that he had the arm and could win games. He was just too inconsistent

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Funny I never see the scared part you say about Mitch.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Well, they had a running game in Forte nearly that whole time, so....Cutler had that over Mitch. Wasn't like Cutler was putting up much better numbers, they just ran the hell out of the ball for the most part.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

I'm tired of the false narrative that Cutler didn't have good offensive talent around him. In addition to the players you already mentioned, I would argue that Martellus Bennett was very good as well. The Cutler apologists always acted like the guy should be was immune from criticism because every single player on offense wasn't an All Pro talent.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Cutler also had Frank Omiyale, JMarcus Webb, Chris Williams, Lance Louis, Chilo Rachal and Gabe Carimi. He also lost his best lineman in Olin Kreutz during his tenure here as well. As bad as our offensive line was this year, it was never as bad as the ones Cutler had. The crappy offensive line that we have now never gave up 9 sacks in 1 half like Cutler's did against the Giants.
This O-Line was just as bad. THAT O-Line also never had another 9 sack game either, so...

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I'm tired of the false narrative that Cutler didn't have good offensive talent around him. In addition to the players you already mentioned, I would argue that Martellus Bennett was very good as well. The Cutler apologists always acted like the guy should be was immune from criticism because every single player on offense wasn't an All Pro talent.
The first year anyways, he kind of went looney tunes the year after.

The best talent around Cutler they made it to the final game in the playoffs, their D just failed them in the end....or one part of it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

......and TE Bennet. jay had all 4 at one point.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cutler always had a really good running game. Trubisky hasn't had that at all under Nagy.

I've stated this ad nauseam, when Trubisky can get a runner gain at least 50 yards his passer rating is 99.7 with 24Tds and 12Ints

jive

Liked Posts:
Why are folks saying Cutler had good running games? He had one that ranked in the top 10 in yards, and a bunch that ranked in the bottom third. Forte was a great back, partly because he was a great receiver. In any given season, 25-40% of his total yards came from receiving. Without a doubt, Forte was a better back than Howard or Montgomery. He could break a big run more consistently than either two, and that helped the numbers behind a bad offensive line.

jive

Liked Posts:
This O-Line was just as bad. THAT O-Line also never had another 9 sack game either, so...
That line gave up 56 sacks. That was one of the worst lines I have ever witnessed on the Bears, and somehow they wound up 11-5.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
As someone who never had had him play QB for a team he directly rooted for I miss Jay Cutler...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are folks saying Cutler had good running games? He had one that ranked in the top 10 in yards, and a bunch that ranked in the bottom third. Forte was a great back, partly because he was a great receiver. In any given season, 25-40% of his total yards came from receiving. Without a doubt, Forte was a better back than Howard or Montgomery. He could break a big run more consistently than either two, and that helped the numbers behind a bad offensive line.

look at what Matt Forte average in yards per carry and look what Monty and Howard did....

Matt Forte had 2 down years in 2009 and 2014.....all the other years he was over 4 yards a carry...

Trubisky hasn't had a runner over 3.7 yards a carry in Nagy's offense. That is .1 better than Matt Forte's worst year...

What are you looking at?