Do you think Nagy is going to get better?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We all know that Peyton Manning not only called his own plays, but he ran the team in Indy and Denver. Literally. I went to five practices during the Manning ERA in Denver and he LITERALLY forced the team to run more b/c of errors. Peyton's amazing stats the first three years had zero to do with John Fox and everything to do with Peyton Freaking Manning. So yes, a rising tide lifts all boats.

LOL

Back in 2017 when Deshaun Watson started his rookie year before blowing out a knee after 7 games he threw for 19 TD's and 8 ints and was on pace for a record year.

In comes veteran Tom Savage who had been with the team since 2014 with the same weapons, same coordinator, same teammates same headcoach and the offense completely tanked as Savage with more game starts than Watson finished the year with 5 tds and 6 ints.

The first 7 games Watson started that year the offense put up 30 or more points 5 times. Once he went down and Savage took over the rest of the way the offense up 30 or more points just once and the rest of the games could not even put up a 20 spot. The O went down the shitter.

"The Guy" QB's in the league have an uncanny ability to make their coaches, coordinators and teammates around them better.

Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I thought he was the guy last year, but it's like he took everything that worked last year and then decided to throw it out the window to insert his offense. He needs to do what the Ravens coach did, where they had this new QB that plays nothing like Flacco, so they changed the coach's entire offense game plan around the new QB.

Nagy seemingly saw what Mitch was good at, and what he was weak at, and just made a game plan for a totally different QB not playing in Chicago. And an O-Line they don't have either. And has it in his head you don't need to run the ball.

I think the Bears can replace Mitch, but if Nagy keeps game planning for players he WANTS, not the ones he has, nothing is gonna change. I think a lot of you are gonna learn this the hard way, sadly.

But with fans as shitty as Bears fans always are, maybe Nagy is the perfect coach for them, one that has a talented football team, just refuses to play to their strengths and piss away games for a few more seasons.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought he was the guy last year, but it's like he took everything that worked last year and then decided to throw it out the window to insert his offense. He needs to do what the Ravens coach did, where they had this new QB that plays nothing like Flacco, so they changed the coach's entire offense game plan around the new QB.

Nagy seemingly saw what Mitch was good at, and what he was weak at, and just made a game plan for a totally different QB not playing in Chicago. And an O-Line they don't have either. And has it in his head you don't need to run the ball.

I think the Bears can replace Mitch, but if Nagy keeps game planning for players he WANTS, not the ones he has, nothing is gonna change. I think a lot of you are gonna learn this the hard way, sadly.

But with fans as shitty as Bears fans always are, maybe Nagy is the perfect coach for them, one that has a talented football team, just refuses to play to their strengths and piss away games for a few more seasons.

Do tell what “strengths” Nagy should be playing to.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

He never was the guy. Mitch and the offense were gifted great field position by a record setting turnover leading Bears defense. Now that the offense is no longer able to start on the opponents 40 yard line...2019 happened.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He never was the guy. Mitch and the offense were gifted great field position by a record setting turnover leading Bears defense. Now that the offense is no longer able to start on the opponents 40 yard line...2019 happened.

Yeah people don't mention too much around here that the Bears have something like 20 less defensive turnovers this season. That's as big a reason for the worse record and offense as anything.

Edit: they're 26 defensive turnovers behind last season.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Any development we have seen in mitch is 85% due to Nagy.

Nagy will only get better as his qb and OL improve.

Let's give Nagy a few games with Andy Dalton before we write him off.

BEARS

jive

Liked Posts:
I may be in the minority here, but I think Nagy can be a successful head coach. If he can learn the lessons from this year. Right now, it's not the double doink anymore and I hope he learned from the mind fuck that was this off-season. I think he's a guy that can learn, and from watching the games, his scheme isn't that bad. There's open receivers on many plays, there's a hole available for either the RB or QB if the right option is chosen in the RPO, and there is talent on this offense. The problem is that the O-line has regressed, the QB plays below average most games, and the receivers drop balls.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone watch the LSU game today?

9 minutes left in the 4th quarter and LSU was up by like 28 points...
Instead of running up the middle for 1 yard 3 times and punting, then playing soft defense, LSU actually used the same strategy they used all game and put a TD drive together and won the game without everyone biting their nails, or even losing..

What a novel idea(sarc)..

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Nagy needs help on the offensive side of the ball. Bring in an experienced OC that can assist with scheme and getting everyone on the same page. Let the OC hire his qb coach. Collectively, these three coaches should be able to find competition for Mitch, improvement on the offensive line and in the running game.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Somehow we seem to be missing the point.
Nagy is the HEAD coach.
So if the oline coach sucks, Nagy needs to fix that coach or fire him.
If the OC isn't doing a good job, then Nagy needs to fix that coach or fire him.
We seem to give all these position coaches a pass.
Our TEs aren't very good, but up until a few weeks ago, we still rolled out Shaheen.
Those changes are HEAD coaching responsibilities.
Successful coaches change a losing hand and play a winning hand.
Nagy doesn't seem like a successful HEAD coach.