Does Mack start week 1?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So Roquan actually had part of training camp and the Bears didn't even play him in the pre-season in a limited role...and he still had ham string tightness....I know Mack is a beast and I'm sure in great shape, but football shape is different. Then you take into account the picks and money the Bears just invested, do they roll him out there week 1? Also, Roquan at least had the playbook to study for months...there will be tons of pressure to get him out there, but Nagy has shown he will do what he feels is best for the team despite outside opinion. Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play the 1st game, but the expectations for him to play will be astronomical. I'd rather err on the side of caution but maybe the play him in a limited capacity.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Hes making 1.5 per game. He'll play.

1.5 is nothing when you take into account the investment it took to get him. Do you go all in on one game or do you try to wait and make sure he's truly in football shape? He has 8 days to learn the play book and get himself into prime football conditioning. That's a tall order for anyone....

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1.5 is nothing when you take into account the investment it took to get him. Do you go all in on one game or do you try to wait and make sure he's truly in football shape? He has 8 days to learn the play book and get himself into prime football conditioning. That's a tall order for anyone....

He's really good at reading defences, I think all the other stuff will come in short order.

At his position, knowing run or pass is all he needs to be better than our current number two OLB.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He's really good at reading defences, I think all the other stuff will come in short order.

At his position, knowing run or pass is all he needs to be better than our current number two OLB.

I'm less worried about the playbook and more concerned about his football conditioning. If he plays week 1 and then suffers a hamstring injury or worse everyone is going to be losing their shit and saying they should have waited. If I had to guess I think he'll play....but in a limited capacity.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
He will play vs the Pack. They may slightly limit his snaps but something I don't doubt is him being in there for every pass situation.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
didnt roquan get tightness after his first practice which is why he got held out? regardless mack will practice and based on his health he'll play otherwise he'll sit

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm less worried about the playbook and more concerned about his football conditioning. If he plays week 1 and then suffers a hamstring injury or worse everyone is going to be losing their shit and saying they should have waited. If I had to guess I think he'll play....but in a limited capacity.

For sure, not every play. Looking at the guy only being off the field for 44 defensive snaps in four years in the league, and you know he's been working in the offseason. I'm sure he'll be able to play limited at least.

Also posted this elsewhere, but after seeing this artice...Khalil Mack breaks silence "I miss football" I think he's hungry. He wants to be the best, now he's payed the best.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'd imagine he'll play, but will be limited. It's going to take more than a week for him to feel comfortable in a new defensive scheme; not to mention, he hasn't played at all since last year, so you have to be extra careful with his conditioning.

It'll probably be the same for Roquan.

It sucks, because we need these guys to come out in full force with a tough first few games on the schedule to start the year.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Unless he shows up 15 pounds overweight

He'll be suited up; probably not in a starting role as his conditioning will surely be limited....but should play in obvious passing situations.

I say he get 30-40 snaps

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hes a pass rusher. If he doesnt play at Green Bay on SNF we riot.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Does anyone seriously think Mack was just fucking sitting around eating donuts?

Of course he’s gonna be playing week one. Jesus fucking Christ. This is a former DPOY. I can’t handle you people.

New team
New playbook
0 football practices this year
0 meetings/practices with new team

He absolutely won't play as much next Sunday as he does in the following weeks where he'll play close to 100% of the snaps

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
New team
New playbook
0 football practices this year
0 meetings/practices with new team

He absolutely won't play as much next Sunday as he does in the following weeks where he'll play close to 100% of the snaps

Title of the thread is ‘will he start next weekend.’

Are you telling me that either Sam acho, Kylie fitts, or Irving are starting over Khalil mother fucking mack?

Just think about that for a second. Understand how stupid that sounds. No need to respond.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Title of the thread is ‘will he start next weekend.’

Are you telling me that either Sam acho, Kylie fitts, or Irving are starting over Khalil mother fucking mack?

Just think about that for a second. Understand how stupid that sounds. No need to respond.
Okay, I'll bite. Defense calls x play. He is unfamiliar with the calls. Do you really believe he'll understand his assignment? Do you folks just not understand defense? It's not as easy as identify run or pass. It's understanding where they are expected to be on a play.

I think he'll be in when we need to rush the passer and based on how easy Vic's defense is to understand.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll bite. Defense calls x play. He is unfamiliar with the calls. Do you really believe he'll understand his assignment? Do you folks just not understand defense? It's not as easy as identify run or pass. It's understanding where they are expected to be on a play.

I think he'll be in when we need to rush the passer and based on how easy Vic's defense is to understand.

So you think fringe players are keeping a former DPOY off the field to start the year?

I get he may sit a bit due to conditioning, but you have to fucking be kidding me if you seriously think the aforementioned players are keeping mack off the field. It’s a joke.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Mack knows how to read an offence, this guy is a complete outside animal. Run or pass is all he needs to know to be better than... i don't know... carry the one...,,,..... all of the other Bears outside rushers.

He is a great pass rusher, he is a great run defender, and it just so happens he knows how to read the other side of the ball... all else will take care of itself in due time.