Don't Let Trubisky Become Bortles

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Striking similarities in the beginning to Trubisky from this article. How Bortles rose up the draft boards and picked 3rd ahead of other established names/QBs, had a great first preseason in Jax. How the Jags had every intention to bring him along slowly but inserted him 3 games into the season...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ortles-headed-bench-no-clear-answers-2017-nfl

Just because they have talent doesn't mean they are ready for prime time.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
so you think he is ruined because he was inserted too early?

It had nothing to do with coaches? No running game? No oline? Dumb ass wr wasting his career being suspended?

none of that matters only plausible conclusion is he was put in as starter too early?

not buying it bra

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Because ACC=CUSA

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Because it's always better to wait 8 years to find out your pick who vaulted past greats like Bridgewater and Johnny Football sucks rather than finding out sooner.

If we only could've sat Hanie for more 10 more years he would've been great.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Striking similarities in the beginning to Trubisky from this article. How Bortles rose up the draft boards and picked 3rd ahead of other established names/QBs, had a great first preseason in Jax. How the Jags had every intention to bring him along slowly but inserted him 3 games into the season...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ortles-headed-bench-no-clear-answers-2017-nfl

Just because they have talent doesn't mean they are ready for prime time.

simply because he rose up the draft boards doesn't mean he will be Blake Bortles. Bortles had measurable but his mechanics were something people knew they had to work on; especially his feet. He never did fix it. That is why he is where he is.

Trubisky's mechanics are not in question. It is simply experience under center with reads from under center.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
so you think he is ruined because he was inserted too early?

It had nothing to do with coaches? No running game? No oline? Dumb ass wr wasting his career being suspended?

none of that matters only plausible conclusion is he was put in as starter too early?

not buying it bra

So you think we have better coaches than they did in 2014? They were 6th in the league in Yards Per Rush Attempt that year. Gave up a ton of Sacks so Oline wasn't good at passblocking. WR's were young and unproven but talented.

I think putting him in too early was a major reason he failed. Article plainly states he needed work on NFL type offensive schemes and his mechanics needed poslihing which he never got around to fixing.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Bortles demise has nothing to do with starting the 3rd game of his rookie year.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
So everyone posting contrary you are 100% that putting Trubisky in game 1 or game 3 of this year will NOT hinder him?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Mitch fails at the NFL level it will be due to Mitch himself failing, not because of Bortles...but I do agree a lot of these clowns are jumping the gun after 2 preseason games but can't blame them, Bear fans are desperate for a QB as they just dealt with 10 seasons of Clown Cutler

Next

Um, I personally will blame Blake Bortles if Trubisky fails.... idk who else to blame.... fucking Blake Bortles ruins everything.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The sooner he starts the better. I cant think of a realistic way that his development will be Special person or capped in any way. The sonner he starts the sooner he will get to work on taking snaps under center in live games and making presnap reads. Do I expect him to be mistake free game 1? NO. I do expect him to make progress and correcting his mistakes each week.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
How to you guys read this and think I am suggesting "Blame Bortles". What I am suggesting is Bortles was in a similar situation and there is a possibility that Jax starting him 3rd game of his rookie year when he wasn't quite ready could have hindered his ability to reach his potential.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
The sooner he starts the better. I cant think of a realistic way that his development will be Special person or capped in any way. The sonner he starts the sooner he will get to work on taking snaps under center in live games and making presnap reads. Do I expect him to be mistake free game 1? NO. I do expect him to make progress and correcting his mistakes each week.

yeah, and with his skills and strengths (not to mention the help of a good o-line and run game), i have a hard time seeing it going disastrously enough for it to hurt him.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:

So if they start him Week 1, he gets sacked 55 times like Bortles did his rookie year - you don't think that would Special person or cap his development?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
So if they start him Week 1, he gets sacked 55 times like Bortles did his rookie year - you don't think that would Special person or cap his development?

There's no indication that he would get sacked 55 times. All signs point to the Bears having a solid Oline this year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So everyone posting contrary you are 100% that putting Trubisky in game 1 or game 3 of this year will NOT hinder him?

He is who he is. Because Bortles has failed on one team you don't know the reason why. You don't know he won't find success on another team.
You see a bird fly overhead before a storm doesn't mean the bird caused the storm. You claiming the bird caused the storm is bordering on superstition.
Fact is many high rated rookies have started and sucked their rookie year and went on to be great. Many poor rated rookies have sat and were no better for it.

Was Orton ruined because he started his rookie year? Was he turned into a great because he sat for 2 years after that? Or was Orton who he always was?
Was Rex made into a great because it took him so long to start?

Can you think of any job where people are ruined because of OTJT?

Bear fans are desperate for a QB as they just dealt with 10 seasons of Clown Cutler

I would say the 90's and Grossman before I'd say Cutler. As a timeline of being desperate to see a QB on the Bears it makes more sense that way.
If it was just Cutler I wouldn't be so sick of it.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Bortles sucks. He's even worse than The Giraffe - and that's saying something. Hopefully Paise can put some pieces around Trubs instead losers like Massie, Turnstile Kyle and the seven busts we have at WR.