Doug Buffone: Urlacher Will Embarrass Himself With Another Team

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
So what’s Bears legend Doug Buffone’s advice for Brian Urlacher?

Walk away from the game right now.

The Bears officially announced Wednesday that they would be parting ways with Urlacher after failing to agree to a new contract with the 34-year-old linebacker.

When asked if he thinks Urlacher will embarrass himself if he tries to sign with another team, here’s Buffone’s response:

“Yeah,” Buffone told The McNeil and Spiegel Show. “I’m going to tell you why. The odds are against him for him to (succeed with another team.) What’s going to happen now is he’s going to have in the back of his mind that he’s going to prove the Bears wrong. ‘I’m going to prove everybody wrong. Everybody says I’m finished. Everybody says I’m done.’ I’ve seen that routine with ball players. If he wants to try, go ahead and go, but I gotta tell you, throughout my whole career, and I ended up retiring and I wasn’t hurt, but the fact is that when you go out there and you play, and I’ve seen it happen. I was there. I played against Joe Namath at the end. I played against (Johnny) Unitas at the end. It’s not a nice sign.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03/21/buffone-urlacher-will-embarrass-himself-with-another-team/

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if I would say embarrass, but I dont think he will be as good as he was. Most of his talent now relies on instinct, which he has a great deal of in a cover 2 defense. Who still runs that defense that needs an aging MLB? Part of me still hopes that eventually he sees his market value is not what he thought it would be, and signs that slap in the face contract offer the Bears made, if that is even still on the table in any way.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
His piss poor play was excused because has "URRRRLACHER". That shit will not float on another team.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
His piss poor play was excused because has "URRRRLACHER". That shit will not float on another team.

Jebus... Show a little respect. The guy is debatably a first ballot HOFer and was the face of the franchise for the last decade.

He's gotten older, but you're exaggerating how badly he's played the last few years.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Jebus... Show a little respect. The guy is debatably a first ballot HOFer and was the face of the franchise for the last decade.

He's gotten older, but you're exaggerating how badly he's played the last few years.

No he isn't. And he doesn't have to respect anyone if he doesn't want to.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Urlacher was fine last season before he was hurt. Piss poor play is something made up by some of the fans after the fact.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Urlacher was fine last season before he was hurt. Piss poor play is something made up by some of the fans after the fact.

Wow. Really?

That's a load of horse shit. He's a shell of himself and even if you want to say "waaah it was before he got hurt!" , well, he got hurt a lot and very easily last year, and that just keeps getting worse as you get older playing in the NFL.

You really should change your name to UrlacherHomer because it's obvious you don't give a shit about the team if you hold one fading player as more important than the rest of the organization.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Urlacher admittedly played terrible, especially in the first part of the season. He thinks he can play better this year with more time to rehab his knee. Said his legs feel good and he's got his quads a lot stronger than the beginning of last year. That's a risk a team will have to take if they sign him. Bears were obviously not prepared to take that risk.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he isn't. And he doesn't have to respect anyone if he doesn't want to.

What are you his lackey now? Vash sucking up to the ownership? LOL.

If you're a fan of a team you show respect to the great players that played for that team... Just my Opinion.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you're a fan of a team you show respect to the great players that played for that team... Just my Opinion.

I agree that Emery should have handled the situation a lot better. That's just not how organizations should treat future HOFers. At least ask him to come in so you can tell him face to face you're moving on.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Puh-lease. I have no great love for Rush.

Rather, if you are a fan of a team, when push comes to pull, you cheer for the logo on the side of the helmet, not the name on the back of the jersey.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He won't because no one will pay him enough to m bear ass himself.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I do not think people appreciate how bad he was last season.

He will be destroyed by another teams fans and media when they see that he cannot get to the edge anymore of cover a TE. You are righ Rush we forgave him because he had built up that credibility with us.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Wow. Really?

That's a load of horse shit. He's a shell of himself and even if you want to say "waaah it was before he got hurt!" , well, he got hurt a lot and very easily last year, and that just keeps getting worse as you get older playing in the NFL.

You really should change your name to UrlacherHomer because it's obvious you don't give a shit about the team if you hold one fading player as more important than the rest of the organization.
Urlacher was fine last season. The defense was virtually unbeatable during the 12 games he played. He was only hurt once last season.

The Bears have now created needs at linebacker and have no choice but to draft one who can come in and start right away, meaning that they can't get a top interior lineman in the first round. This has set the Bears back.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Urlacher was fine last season. The defense was virtually unbeatable during the 12 games he played. He was only hurt once last season.

The Bears have now created needs at linebacker and have no choice but to draft one who can come in and start right away, meaning that they can't get a top interior lineman in the first round. This has set the Bears back.

The defense was good last season.

Urlacher was not fine last season. The beatr writers tried to be nice by saying he was getting into game shape, but he was bad last season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Daryl Smith
Karlos Dansby
Justin Durant
James Anderson
Brad Jones
Michael Boley

All free agent LBs that can play at the same level or better than Urlacher last season.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Daryl Smith
Karlos Dansby
Justin Durant
James Anderson
Brad Jones
Michael Boley

All free agent LBs that can play at the same level or better than Urlacher last season.

And they will take a 2mil contract?

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Puh-lease. I have no great love for Rush.

Rather, if you are a fan of a team, when push comes to pull, you cheer for the logo on the side of the helmet, not the name on the back of the jersey.

Oh I'm with you there... No doubt. I'm a Bears fan... Not a Cutler, Urlacher, Peppers, etc, etc... fan.

Just don't see the need to kick the guy on his way out the door. Lach was a great player for us and I wish him the best of luck for the rest of his life/career... Unless he is playing the Bears and then I hope Forte jukes him out of his shoes the way that Tom Brady did.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Daryl Smith
Karlos Dansby
Justin Durant
James Anderson
Brad Jones
Michael Boley

That list somehow doesn't inspire confidence.