Draft thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because none of this matters till we hit on the QB.

Yeah but it doesnt matter to Pace if he hits on Hurts but no one finds out until after he is fired for a poor 2020 season.

I can only see QB high if Pace is safe.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Because none of this matters till we hit on the QB.

Okay so you are suggesting we put a bonafide QB out there without weapons and without an OL???

Let Foles and Mitch duke it out this year and use a first or 2nd round pick next year on a QB -- put together a couple of pieces around him. IDK, maybe even get 1 single OL player that is not below average. Maybe just field 2-3 average OL players????

If you want to grab a QB in round 2 this year fine. Why would you advocate for drafting yet ANOTHER QB project in round 2 when all grades on him are round 4 or above.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Okay so you are suggesting we put a bonafide QB out there without weapons and without an OL???

Let Foles and Mitch duke it out this year and use a first or 2nd round pick next year on a QB -- put together a couple of pieces around him. IDK, maybe even get 1 single OL player that is not below average. Maybe just field 2-3 average OL players????

If you want to grab a QB in round 2 this year fine. Why would you advocate for drafting yet ANOTHER QB project in round 2 when all grades on him are round 4 or above.

Where are you getting round 4? He’s DJs 50th ranked player and most outlets have him going in the second.

He had success at a couple of big programs and has shown he can not only play in different systems but can acclimate quickly to new surroundings and teammates. He’s got a hell of an arm, + mobility and is known for his work ethic.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Where are you getting round 4? He’s DJs 50th ranked player and most outlets have him going in the second.

He had success at a couple of big programs and has shown he can not only play in different systems but can acclimate quickly to new surroundings and teammates. He’s got a hell of an arm, + mobility and is known for his work ethic.

long release
slow to process coverage
struggles after first read
bad vs elite competition in college (see lsu semi final game last year)
(sounds like a certain someone we just drafted)

to me he looks he may have a nice career as a backup and if we had a full compliment of picks, didnt just spend the #2 pick on QB and didnt have multiple needs on offense......he'd be ok in my book as a potential flyer/cheap backup in round 2.......but with the limited resources we have and tons of needs, he's a hard pass for me.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i think this is what they said about trubisky.
he did have success but watch his film study and much like trubisky is a 1 read qb who made a lot of questionable decisions...i would take him no higher than the 3rd rd

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think Foles has to get to the NFC championship game for his contract to void.
And if he does, that would be great. If he doesn't, that may be one of the reasons why the Bears could be searching for a new QB. Bears need to have that QB on the roster or at least made an attempt this year to have that QB on the roster.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And if he does, that would be great. If he doesn't, that may be one of the reasons why the Bears could be searching for a new QB. Bears need to have that QB on the roster or at least made an attempt this year to have that QB on the roster.

Nah, they don't. Especially if there isn't anyone good to draft this year. There's no point in drafting a QB just to draft one.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a hu
Yeah but it doesnt matter to Pace if he hits on Hurts but no one finds out until after he is fired for a poor 2020 season.

I can only see QB high if Pace is safe.
I think he's reasonably safe either way. I'm not a big Hurts fan but wouldn't hate the pick. Just seems that drafting another athlete that supposedly isn't great on reads would put them off but he is a gamer.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Hope Pace doesn't panic and start giving up 2021 draft picks to move into the 1st round. Let the draft come to him, pull the trigger on the best QB available with our first pick tomorrow then trade down with the other 2nd. This will put Pace in a position to succeed and do his thing in the middle rounds.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The point is it doesn't matter if Trubisky, Foles, Jalen Hurts, or even Joe burrow is the bears QB.... The Bears need a starting guard or center, and they need at least 1 of the tackles to be upgraded, and they also need better play from daniels.

You can almost 100% guaranteed get a starting OG/C in round 2. Why not go ahead and make that move and upgrade the O line which will also improve the run game???

The Bears are in win now mode. Jalen Hurts does nothing to help this team win this year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The point is it doesn't matter if Trubisky, Foles, Jalen Hurts, or even Joe burrow is the bears QB.... The Bears need a starting guard or center, and they need at least 1 of the tackles to be upgraded, and they also need better play from daniels.

You can almost 100% guaranteed get a starting OG/C in round 2. Why not go ahead and make that move and upgrade the O line which will also improve the run game???

The Bears are in win now mode. Jalen Hurts does nothing to help this team win this year.
Yes it does. Even if Hurts does not start, he would be a weapon, especially down by the goal line. Nagy likes to use all kinds of packages, similarly to the way the Saints used their 3rd string QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of any QB at 43 but people need to keep an open mind.

We we trade down and accumulate say 5 picks in the top 163 instead of the current 3 then we can grab a QB early and still address other positions.

Getting a QB early only is problematic if we end up with no picks between 50 and 163.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
does anyone have a link for a stream to the draft?

AusBear

Liked Posts:
People that are keen on Winfield Jr. - Is he really the ideal fit next to Eddie?