1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at all the different "experts" on who or what the Bears can draft at the positions they draft at including several trade down hypothesis picks/ideas. It appears the Bears have a lot of options with good quality players. Sounds like a positive to me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looking at all the different "experts" on who or what the Bears can draft at the positions they draft at including several trade down hypothesis picks/ideas. It appears the Bears have a lot of options with good quality players. Sounds like a positive to me.

I think day one starters can be found throughout the 1st and 2nd round and even going into the 3rd and then of course gems are always found in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I just wish we had our 3rd and 4th round picks and hope we can find the perfect trade down with at least one of those 2nd round picks to get a 3rd or 4th to go with whatever pick we trade down to in the 2nd.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Schefter:

Now official: NFL now has informed teams it will do a virtual draft this year. GMs and HCs now will be drafting from their homes.

NFL teams cannot gather at one person’s home. Each person for him or herself during the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
...So Pace will be making these picks alone?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schefter:

Now official: NFL now has informed teams it will do a virtual draft this year. GMs and HCs now will be drafting from their homes.

NFL teams cannot gather at one person’s home. Each person for him or herself during the draft.

They built a big expensive room for their draft board. He's gonna do it alone in his home office?

I hope they allow extra time to communicate with their team of staffers and make the trade talks given they can't just talk in person. Imagine Comcast craps out just before or during!??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They built a big expensive room for their draft board. He's gonna do it alone in his home office?

I hope they allow extra time to communicate with their team of staffers and make the trade talks given they can't just talk in person. Imagine Comcast craps out just before or during!??

I'm hearing that most people think trades will be scarce in this draft cause teams aren't gonna have the time to do everything they need to do to make a trade which of course sucks for the Bears who it would help more to be able to make at least one trade down to collect an extra pick or two.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hearing that most people think trades will be scarce in this draft cause teams aren't gonna have the time to do everything they need to do to make a trade which of course sucks for the Bears who it would help more to be able to make at least one trade down to collect an extra pick or two.

really this makes no sense. I was just on a video conference yesterday with like 15 ppl on it no lag no issue. Earlier than that I was on town hall meeting via webcast with 100’s of ppl on it. No lag no issue.

I’m sure GMs can video conference with their scouts and coaching staff and still use good old fashioned phone calls to facilitate trades.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
really this makes no sense. I was just on a video conference yesterday with like 15 ppl on it no lag no issue. Earlier than that I was on town hall meeting via webcast with 100’s of ppl on it. No lag no issue.

I’m sure GMs can video conference with their scouts and coaching staff and still use good old fashioned phone calls to facilitate trades.

Yeah doesn't sound right but that's what some think. Charles Davis said it last night and others have said it within the last few days. Doesn't mean there won't be any trades, just not as many as far as some are concerned. Hopefully Pace can get one or two.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

They had the Chargers GM (Tom Telesco) on Get Up this morning and he said that he thinks the hardest part of doing the draft this way will be to stay in communication with other teams. I always look forward to the draft but have really been looking forward to it the last few weeks, just like everyone else is i'm sure with not having any sports, but the experience isn't gonna be as fun as i thought it would now with hearing about how it's gonna go down. Trades are one of the better parts of the draft so although there most likely won't be as many as usual i just hope there's still plenty of them and that the Bears get involved with at least one trade down with one of the 2nd rounders. If we can somehow add a 3rd rounder or a 4th and 5th with a trade down then that would be a big help for us.