Draft thread

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
If NE offers #87, #98, & #100 (363) for the #50 (400) pick, do you make that trade? The value doesn’t quite add up so I’m assuming we could ask for #125 (43) too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So that would pretty much clean up most of the UDFA's but don't see the NFL going for that cause every team isn't going through the same thing the Steelers are so it's a even playing field for all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If NE offers #87, #98, & #100 (363) for the #50 (400) pick, do you make that trade? The value doesn’t quite add up so I’m assuming we could ask for #125 (43) too.

So #50 for #87, 98, 100, 125. Yeah i do it.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I think you guys should look at what past mid 2nd trade downs garnered.
From what I can recall, the trade down team didn't receive that great of a return.
IMO, if there are players at 43 and 50 that they think can contribute immediately, they stand pat and select them there.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Trade value chart isn't the gospel. I understand moving up 27 picks is a huge jump, but no team is trading 4 straight picks to move up in the 2nd round of the draft. Patriots would go to 0 picks from 50 to 198. I don't think there has ever been a 4 for 1 pick trade in the NFL draft, that didn't involve a high 1st round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I figure we can have a draft thread like we have a free agency thread to post anything about the Bears having a internet visit with a player or whatever else draft related.

I posted yesterday about the Bears talking to Antoine Winfield Jr.

This isn't the ***Official*** draft thread.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think they'd still have one or two staff at the actual draft room (if not GM) and just keep distance.
This techie could operate the system and the phones? Redirect the lines to Pace or run the group call from there.

Seems GMs interested in trading down might make themselves more known to the others more in advance, so each knows what might be available to jump up for should their guy drop. Should prepare their possible trade offers in advance beforehand? I know tipping one's cap isn't great, but to be ready at least. They should already be doing this regardless though.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

About a month and a half ago, I would have guessed Hopkins would be the Bears first pick. But his stock seems to be dwindling and the Bears signing Graham really threw me for a loop. Add Hopkins, and you have your top 3 TEs that are not suited to play in-line. I still wouldn't be surpised to see Pace draft a TE in the 2nd, because that's kind of his MO. Have a lot of bodies at TE, but none are guaranteed beyond 2020. So, a long term option is still needed. I would think he would go for more of a Kmet type, but that would require probably pick 50 at worst. Hopkins would be a trade down target

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
About a month and a half ago, I would have guessed Hopkins would be the Bears first pick. But his stock seems to be dwindling and the Bears signing Graham really threw me for a loop. Add Hopkins, and you have your top 3 TEs that are not suited to play in-line. I still wouldn't be surpised to see Pace draft a TE in the 2nd, because that's kind of his MO. Have a lot of bodies at TE, but none are guaranteed beyond 2020. So, a long term option is still needed. I would think he would go for more of a Kmet type, but that would require probably pick 50 at worst. Hopkins would be a trade down target

Yeah i could definitely see him drafting a TE since we can cut Burton without much cap hit and would cost just $1 mil to cut Graham after this year. That gives a young guy a season to sit and learn, which as we know TE's take at least a year to adjust to the NFL, at least most of them do anyway.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Yeah i could definitely see him drafting a TE since we can cut Burton without much cap hit and would cost just $1 mil to cut Graham after this year. That gives a young guy a season to sit and learn, which as we know TE's take at least a year to adjust to the NFL, at least most of them do anyway.
If Pace wants to draft a TE in the 2nd, they need to at least play a bit and get some reps in. There is a good chance that one of those vets goes down anyways. The Bears really can’t afford to go into 2021 season banking on a 2nd year player to be the starter when they never saw the field their rookie year.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
It wouldn’t surprise me if Pace values an OT higher than an OG, especially in the long term. I’m not saying that guard isn’t a need, but Leno and Massie were not good this past year. I’m thinking Leno has a bounce back year, but Massie has durability concerns and will be 31. No team with playoff aspirations like the Bears should be going into a season like 2021 betting on two rookies to pick up the slack and play well on the bookends. It won’t surprise me one bit if we see Niang/Wilson go to us in the 2nd then Lewis or Simpson later on in a trade down.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Pace wants to draft a TE in the 2nd, they need to at least play a bit and get some reps in. There is a good chance that one of those vets goes down anyways. The Bears really can’t afford to go into 2021 season banking on a 2nd year player to be the starter when they never saw the field their rookie year.

I just said that he might draft a TE but never said in the 2nd round. I'd rather not draft one in the 2nd round and would rather go two of WR, OT, SS, CB, Edge with the 2nd rounders. I'm actually hoping for some trading down but many people are thinking trading will be the toughest thing to do in this draft and think most teams will stand pat over making trades. They still think trades will happen but not as much as usually happens so i'm hoping Pace can get at least one if not more. Either way at 43 and 50 we'll have a good chance at getting two guys that can be day 1 starters so can't get mad at that. It's just such a deep draft IMO that i see starting material all through the 2nd round and even into the 3rd so it would be nice to get at least one trade down with one of the 2nd's.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It wouldn’t surprise me if Pace values an OT higher than an OG, especially in the long term. I’m not saying that guard isn’t a need, but Leno and Massie were not good this past year. I’m thinking Leno has a bounce back year, but Massie has durability concerns and will be 31. No team with playoff aspirations like the Bears should be going into a season like 2021 betting on two rookies to pick up the slack and play well on the bookends. It won’t surprise me one bit if we see Niang/Wilson go to us in the 2nd then Lewis or Simpson later on in a trade down.

I've also changed my stance on G and T. I was all about going G with a early pick but i think between Ifedi and Bars that we'll be better off drafting a T over a G. I can't remember who said it but i heard someone say that he thinks Robert Hunt (OL Louisiana) could play either so it would be real nice to get him or any of the linemen in this draft that can play G or T.