Duncan Keith

TCD

Liked Posts:
hard not to place Duncs as an early candidate for the conn smyth and yes i know i am getting ahead but after tonight we should talk about my favourite player and who i think is the most important roster player (that ones highly debatable i know)

this guy has to be the best conditioned player in the league. 49:51 minutes played tonight. 2 goals 9 assists in 12 games +6 rating.

Currently leads the playoffs for most points for a blueliner

Tied for first for blueliners with 2 game winning goals

Just destroying any other remaining blueliner in the playoffs in ice time

4th in +/- for blueliners not far behind Fowler leading with a +9

Only 2 penalty minutes which is so hard for a blueliner when you are on the ice as much as Duncs is.

Its also been suggested in the past that Keith was good but pairing with Seabrook made Keith better. Im sure that is the case in many instances but Duncs is showing these playoffs that he can play with and be effective with anyone. I am a Seabs fan also and he too is having a strong playoffs so Im not suggesting Seabs has never helped Keith (Seabs is doing really well in blocking shots and hits and all that good stuff). But Duncs is having himself a really special playoffs right now and I think he is leading the charge of the team.

Now I know Keith has his flaws. Not the hardest shot and not always the best at getting the puck to the net on the pp. But he also has that well executed pass shot..one of the best I have ever seen. We don't need to get into his skating abilities and how quickly he can execute the outlet. He may not block a lot of shots but his positioning is typically very strong where he doesnt have to. He also may not be the most physical hitting blueliner but he never shies away from the ugly areas and to get dirty.

The guys a classic.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Best d-man in the NHL.

At this point its not even a contest. There are better offensive blueliners like Karlsson and better defensive blueliners like Seabs even as an example but I don't think there is a guy as well rounded as Keith. Doughty and Weber may come close but Keith has that extra composure level and conditioning level. Pretty outstanding.

In a league that keeps getting stronger in blueliner depth also Keith continues to be a stand out.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
He is a freak. He amazes me every time I watch him and it has been like.....a decade.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Keith is one of my favorite Hawks. He plays with a blue-collar attitude and isn't afraid of getting physical. He might not skate or handle the puck as fancily as Kaner, might not be as seriously focused as Toews, maybe not as big of a hitter as Bickell, or passionate as Shaw, but Probably is the most well-rounded Hawks player and I've been saying this for almost 10 years.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Duncan Keith at a cap hit of roughly $5.2 million for the next 7 or 8 years could very well be the best deal in NHL history.

If he doesn't win the Norris this year then they might as well get rid of the fucking trophy.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Duncan Keith retired today he'd be a hall of famer no question.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There is actually only 2 Norris Trophy winners who weren't inducted into the HOF... excluding those obviously still playing and not yet able to enter Pronger/Lidstrom.

One of them being Doug Wilson. Keith of course will be a Haafeer

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is actually only 2 Norris Trophy winners who weren't inducted into the HOF... excluding those obviously still playing and not yet able to enter Pronger/Lidstrom.

One of them being Doug Wilson. Keith of course will be a Haafeer

2 cups
2 Norris
2 gold medals

First ballot no question and he's not even 32

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Duncan Keith at a cap hit of roughly $5.2 million for the next 7 or 8 years could very well be the best deal in NHL history.

If he doesn't win the Norris this year then they might as well get rid of the fucking trophy.

Question, what is the Norris and its significance?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Norris race this year is quite pathetic, The problem was the only real looking to be great bets to win it kept getting injured like Giordanno and even Shattenkirk was having a better year than any of the 3 finalists before he got hurt.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Norris race this year is quite pathetic, The problem was the only real looking to be great bets to win it kept getting injured like Giordanno and even Shattenkirk was having a better year than any of the 3 finalists before he got hurt.

I just got annoyed that in the last few years it seems to go to the best offensive defenseman.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Holy shit that Nicklas Lidstrom has like SEVEN OF THESE!!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bobby Orr has EIGHT????

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I just got annoyed that in the last few years it seems to go to the best offensive defenseman.

Karlsson's win was a robbery of Weber, and it was a very close race in the votes. Karlsson had a strong second half this year with the Ottawa surge helping but his play in the first few months was notably poor by even Senator's fans.

Yeap, Lidstrom and Orr take quite the cake out of that mix. It's just without question how dominant they were on D. Some of the funny things is one year Lidstrom and Chelios were neck and neck in the voting while mostly being linemates that year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I post an actual answer to a question that DMod36 trolled, to help other less knowledgable fans on here learn more, and he deletes it?

What in the actual fuck?