Early Returns for the Rookie Class

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Listening to the Hoge and Jahns podcast this week

Shelley, they all were impressed with Shelley who has made a number of plays on the ball and looks like a player. Hoge speculated that at some point in training camp they would have to write the story that Shelley was coming after Skrine's job and that he may be the starting NB before the end of the season.
It's a shame to hear they think Skrine won't be good enough to start by the end of the season. = p

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bit worried about his long-term health... It would not surprise me if this kind of injury was chronic. Dude's shoulder popped out once last year without anyone touching him or him hitting the ground. That's concerning.

I don't think he's going to make it. An early #Calledit

Bort

Liked Posts:
Listening to the Hoge and Jahns podcast this week and they have Kevin Fishbain on, and all 3 were effusive in their praise for the early returns on the rookie class.

Montgomery, all 3 agreed that he flashes like Tarik Cohen did a couple of years ago and that some of the moves and cuts that he has made, without pads, have had everyone jumping up. Hoge mentions one swing pass to him where he juked a DB to the ground without him getting a hand on Montgomery. They all agreed based on what they have seen that he is going to be a player and that he looks faster than he times.

Just wait until Montgomery puts on the pads and starts trucking linebackers and dragging defenders down the field with him. We got a special one.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'll settle down, but I feel there are two UDFA's in this years rookie class that are the 3rd and 4th best TE's on this team, not factoring whatever Sowell will be.

But my personal view of Braunecker is he is so bad the coaching staff actually thought to themselves...

"why can't Sowell be a TE?"
Dax Raymond will be the #2 TE by the end of the season. That’s not saying he’s a stud it’s just saying everything ahead of him except Burton sucks butthole

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Fake news indeed, ESPN did not say "the Bears had the worst offseason" two guys that work at ESPN said that.
Ok, you are right. It was still Fox.

By the way, ESPN never says anything. It is always guys who work for ESPN who say things.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ok, you are right. It was still Fox.

By the way, ESPN never says anything. It is always guys who work for ESPN who say things.

ESPN corporate issues statements all the time. They have panel discussions with 4 or 5 people when they reach a conscientious I would call that closer to ESPN says than 2 guys, one that just got shit canned by the team.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Just wait until Montgomery puts on the pads and starts trucking linebackers and dragging defenders down the field with him. We got a special one.

Can't wait until the first time he trucks Mack (pun intended) in training camp...

Spankypants

Liked Posts:

As an Iowa State alum and lifetime Bears fan, I know Chicago will love this kid. Like Walter, David played behind a bad O-line and had to fight for every yard.
In the video you can see he has to avoid an untouched LB before getting to the line of scrimmage, breaks 3 tackles and gains 17 yards, a typical scenario for David. Oh, and he had 700+ carries and 2 fumbles, amazing for a guy that led the country by a wide margin in broken tackles.
He's gonna be a fun one to watch!

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
As an Iowa State alum and lifetime Bears fan, I know Chicago will love this kid. Like Walter, David played behind a bad O-line and had to fight for every yard.
In the video you can see he has to avoid an untouched LB before getting to the line of scrimmage, breaks 3 tackles and gains 17 yards, a typical scenario for David. Oh, and he had 700+ carries and 2 fumbles, amazing for a guy that led the country by a wide margin in broken tackles.
He's gonna be a fun one to watch!
But I heard his stats in college won't translate to good play in the NFL!

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Considering his college stats most likely won't change at this point, they still don't translate to good play in the NFL.
Meh, should have been green font? I just think people are labeling him as a certain type of contributor without giving him a chance to prove it. Have high hopes for the kid based on his skill set. I'm no scout, so it's just one fans opinion on a message board.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not quite as high on Montgomery as some. I think he can be a nice situational guy, but I don't see him being a feature back.

Maybe I am wrong, but I wasn't overly impressed by his college career, bad oline or no.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
What should have been in green font? I haven't labeled him anything. His college stats are unimpressive. RBs who average 4.7 YPC in college tend to not do anything in the NFL. You made a baseless snarky comment. I called you out on it. Sorry.
You're right... you called me on a baseless snarky comment. I'll try and get over it.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Seems like you need to try harder. Or green font. Whichever works for you.
You went out of your way to respond to something I posted, then claimed it was baseless, by stating the exact type of thing I was being sarcastic about. Then you want to act like you called me out on something? Not even sure why that was stated. There was nothing to even call someone out on. You continue by being a dick, per usual.

I don't usually post around here, but your high horse shit like you're better than everyone else is tired. You spend countless days (and years) condescending people on a message board.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Rory is awfully sensitive this morning just let him be.