Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The oline can make nice running lanes for RBs. All Montgomery has do to is see them. I can’t wait to see him running with at full speed with his juking abilities instead of being stalled at line of scrimmage due to shitty blocking in college.

I expect to see big chunks of yardage.

house23

Liked Posts:
I am not quite as high on Montgomery as some. I think he can be a nice situational guy, but I don't see him being a feature back.

Maybe I am wrong, but I wasn't overly impressed by his college career, bad oline or no.
Name 1 player on the team that you are high on.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Name 1 player on the team that you are high on.

There you stood, that'll teach ya
To look so good and feel so right
Let me tell you 'bout the girl I met last night
It's understood, I had to reach ya
I let the wheel of fortune spin
I touched your hand before the crowd
Started crushin' in
Now I'm higher than a kite
I know I'm gettin' hooked on your love
Talkin' to myself, runnin' in the heat
Beggin' for your touch in the middle
Of the street and I --
I can't stop thinking 'bout you girl
I must be living in a fantasy world
I've searched the whole world over
To find a heart so true
Such complete intoxication
I'm high on you

Bort

Liked Posts:
Considering his college stats most likely won't change at this point, they still don't translate to good play in the NFL.

I enjoy the new and creative stupid takes that posters on this site constantly come up with.

In 2013, after rushing for 1793 yards on 382 attempts (4.7 YPC) and catching 32 passes for 167 yards in his junior year at Michigan State, Le'Veon Bell chose to enter the NFL draft a year early, was a consensus top running back prospect in the 2013 draft, and was the 2nd running back taken in that draft. At the time, no one was stupid enough to say something like "a running back having only 4.7 YPC in college doesn't translate to good play in the NFL."

It's nice to see the advancements in stupidity as the years go by.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I saw the horizontal movement in Montgomery's tape and I am very happy that trait continues to show up at the next level. The amount of posters that judged this guy on 40 time alone just don't know much about football.

Although I did think Ridley had a high floor, I still thought coming from Georgia and having seen a relatively small amount of snaps he wouldn't be able to contribute much this season.

If the Bears can add a solid starter and 2 contributors with a 3rd, 4th and 6th round selection that would be amazing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoy the new and creative stupid takes that posters on this site constantly come up with.

In 2013, after rushing for 1793 yards on 382 attempts (4.7 YPC) and catching 32 passes for 167 yards in his junior year at Michigan State, Le'Veon Bell chose to enter the NFL draft a year early, was a consensus top running back prospect in the 2013 draft, and was the 2nd running back taken in that draft. At the time, no one was stupid enough to say something like "a running back having only 4.7 YPC in college doesn't translate to good play in the NFL."

just fyi, Bell averaged 5.0 in college....he had one year of 4.7

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, should have been green font? I just think people are labeling him as a certain type of contributor without giving him a chance to prove it. Have high hopes for the kid based on his skill set. I'm no scout, so it's just one fans opinion on a message board.

"just one fans opinion"...now you done did it. Don't you know opinions are only reserved for the "CCS Elitist 100"? My guess is you will receive demerit points for this egregious act from the CCS Illuminati. Good luck making the list next year.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"just one fans opinion"...now you done did it. Don't you know opinions are only reserved for the "CCS Elitist 100"? My guess is you will receive demerit points for this egregious act from the CCS Illuminati. Good luck making the list next year.
You seem upset

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

As the CCS saying goes, "there is a lot to unpack" in this posting.

First off, I'm not sure what you are so upset about. Stats are stats. Again, Montgomery's college stats have already been established. They aren't changing. If you think statistics are "new" and "creative stupid", then perhaps you should wait until remydat reemerges on CCS and go talk with him.

Second, its not surprising that you wrong were about the stats. Bell averaged 5.0 YPC in college, not 4.7...that was Montgomery's average.

Third, the 2013 draft was so weak at RB that none went in the 1st round. Bell was taken in the middle of the 2nd round. No one was predicting the type of NFL success he had. Giovanni Bernard was the first RB taken. It was a surprise that Bell went as high as mid-2nd round:

2013-rb-draft-rankings.jpg

There was even talk of Bell moving to FB in the NFL. Your idea that Bell was a "consensus top RB prospect" doesn't really amount to much (especially when taking into consideration your intellectual issues).

As for Montgomery's college YPC, we've already discussed it, old friend...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...tomery-howard-comparisons-are-terrible.71749/

It's not an "argument", its factual. And you can glean from it whatever you want. I would say that Montgomery's stats do not portend future NFL greatness, so Pace must be going on something intangible from film study. He did the same thing with Leonard Floyd, dismissing Floyd's small college sack total and instead mentioning "traits" and "waist bend" and other nonsense. Floyd is a good player and defends his position well, but he is not a good pass rusher in the NFL.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Good stuff. Going from "how will you even come up with 100 posters to list?" to "this Top 100 poster list is so Elitist!".

You are a 'prime' candidate for the #1 spot in 2020, considering how much you care about my list.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least this report sounds better than they all suck. At least three of them passed the first eye test. Next comes padding test, then hitting test, then preseason test and then finally season test.

Bort

Liked Posts:
As the CCS saying goes, "there is a lot to unpack" in this posting.

First off, I'm not sure what you are so upset about. Stats are stats. Again, Montgomery's college stats have already been established. They aren't changing. If you think statistics are "new" and "creative stupid", then perhaps you should wait until remydat reemerges on CCS and go talk with him.

Second, its not surprising that you wrong were about the stats. Bell averaged 5.0 YPC in college, not 4.7...that was Montgomery's average.

Third, the 2013 draft was so weak at RB that none went in the 1st round. Bell was taken in the middle of the 2nd round. No one was predicting the type of NFL success he had. Giovanni Bernard was the first RB taken. It was a surprise that Bell went as high as mid-2nd round:

2013-rb-draft-rankings.jpg

There was even talk of Bell moving to FB in the NFL. Your idea that Bell was a "consensus top RB prospect" doesn't really amount to much (especially when taking into consideration your intellectual issues).

As for Montgomery's college YPC, we've already discussed it, old friend...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...tomery-howard-comparisons-are-terrible.71749/

It's not an "argument", its factual. And you can glean from it whatever you want. I would say that Montgomery's stats do not portend future NFL greatness, so Pace must be going on something intangible from film study. He did the same thing with Leonard Floyd, dismissing Floyd's small college sack total and instead mentioning "traits" and "waist bend" and other nonsense. Floyd is a good player and defends his position well, but he is not a good pass rusher in the NFL.

I just want to know what geniuses were talking about converting a 225 pound running back to fullback in the NFL.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I just want to know what geniuses were talking about converting a 225 pound running back to fullback in the NFL.

I enjoy the new and creative stupid you come up with for CCS. Bell was bigger in college and slimmed down with the Steelers. He was 237 pounds at Michigan State. Walter Football speculated about the switch to FB.

https://msuspartans.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2036

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Different era I know, but Matt Suhey played at 217, and Walter Payton played at 200. I mention that only to highlight how much bigger NFL players are now than they were 35 years ago.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I enjoy the new and creative stupid you come up with for CCS. Bell was bigger in college and slimmed down with the Steelers. He was 237 pounds at Michigan State. Walter Football speculated about the switch to FB.

https://msuspartans.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2036

It's extremely common for colleges to list their players an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than they actually are, which is exactly what Michigan State did with Bell.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I am not quite as high on Montgomery as some. I think he can be a nice situational guy, but I don't see him being a feature back.

Maybe I am wrong, but I wasn't overly impressed by his college career, bad oline or no.

Disagree, I see him making a huge impact as a starter on the team. Potential to be one of the top backs in the NFL. HAs all the traits and I watched plenty of his games in college. I wanted Anthony Miller last year and Motgomery was my guy in this draft, was surprised the Bears were able to land him. So much positive news coming out for this rookie class. Can't wait for training camp to start in a month.