Eddie Jackson set up players only meeting

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I like the move but it's gonna take a little more than this to get to my 2014-esque level of shitshow. Off to a good start here though.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully this fuels change I want to see Helfrich call plays.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are they drafting a better QB in that meeting?

Then it won’t matter

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I was listening to Dan Wiederer and Rich Campbell on the way home. Back in June someone said to Wiederer how it's great there are no turds in the team. He said, well, you don't really know because they've not been put under any real stress so far. Well, I think we are about to find out.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's usually the letdown's that lead players only meetings. Rember heywards meeting during the 2016 world series?

You mean the one where they came back and won the damn WS after facing adversity?

That players only meeting?

jc456

Liked Posts:
But you didn’t care. Why you showing that you care if you don’t
I didn't care? I invest all my sundays and thursdays and monday nights for this team. Naw, I don't care. I buy their shit, I wear their logos. but naw, I don't care. What I don't care about is whether Jackson has a player's only meeting. What I care about is playing hard on game day. What I care about is a unit that looked like it quit on the fans. Get out of my town then. I can find other things to do with my sunday's, Monday's and Thursday's. And for you? you're a boob.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think Helfrich will call plays that make Mitch connect with the wide open guys he is missing now.

They are both terrible. Mid season, it's on Mitch to try and at least play as good as he did in college. Enough of this high school level crap. After the season Nagy should be flogged.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Nagy is actually publicly asking his player leaders to stand up, in his presser yesterday, and the one today. I think it's a bad move by him, as a coach should publicly take the blame, and not throw out random shit like, "It will be interesting to see who responds, and steps up to lead." But yet he prefers it to be more random, and spontaneous.

2 of his worst pressers, and the most revealing imo.

Actually agree here, if you push players to action don't be surprised when they do something/say stupid for the sake of doing/saying something. I know the Bears stress good character guys, but I'm not sure that a players only "airing of greivances" will be productive. These are football players not psychologists, a good chance this becomes a "hey fuckups on the team: stop fucking up", not exactly constructive criticism but would still love to be a fly on the wall.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
It worked on Remember the Titans. Good job Eddie