Eddie Pineiro

Monster

Liked Posts:
I was optimistic from the beginning. He was winning the competition last year so it isn't like he is a total long-shot (no pun intended). Kicking is such a head-game that you don't know when kickers are going into/out of a funk.

I'm not ready to anoint him just like I wasn't ready to throw Tribs to the dogs last week. It is a long season.... I'll enjoy this win by a whisker. Every win is sweet and road wins when we are underdogs are even sweeter.

The right choice for sure... way more power
Currently the Bears best weapon.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has ice in his veins. Weren't some here trashing him?????? Nah....anybody that knows anything about kicking understands we have a stud kicker. Those that don't believe that don't know a fucking thing about kicking.
This is awesome for everyone except Grimson

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can anyone else imagine what the front page would look like if Piniero missed? Total idiocy from lego boy.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
I am just happy to won this game. I think, this can push everybody on team to move forward.
Maybe, with this results Nagy will play for some more points (aka John Fox FG are fine). Would we have played Broncos before Green Bay, we wouldn't play 4&10 from near the opp 40.

And I am so lucky for this kicker. I can't rememberwhen I saw a game winning field goal in last seconds for the bears...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sorry if this was already posted, didn't go through the whole thread. Thought it was funny:

“You think about everything that happened. All the games last year that were kind of like close. Especially that playoff game & you put that pressure on that guy. Eddie P. The birthday man. He came out & nailed that mother fucker. Fuck. That’s how you play ball man"- Khalil Mack

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am just happy to won this game. I think, this can push everybody on team to move forward.
Maybe, with this results Nagy will play for some more points (aka John Fox FG are fine). Would we have played Broncos before Green Bay, we wouldn't play 4&10 from near the opp 40.

And I am so lucky for this kicker. I can't rememberwhen I saw a game winning field goal in last seconds for the bears...
Gould won a bunch of games for the Bears in clutch time..He was a joy to watch

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Eddie was money in college so I was surprised to see him struggle in preseason. He probably will have some growing pains but he likely will continue to improve with experience. I would like to see the Bears stick with him unless he falls apart.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The amped joy of the Bears players after the kick, so awesome.
IF the Bears are able to get things rolling this season, we are going to look back at this win, and think this was the turning point.

The Defense needed to know if they continue to kick ass that we can win games and the Offense need the kick in the pants, and know that they need to step up even more to not let the team down.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a former kicker I agree with OP and he was always my front runner for the main two reasons @HeHateMe laid out.

1. Huge leg
2. Great head (attitude, ethic, resilience, competitive all displayed in short time)

One thing some of us worried about was the level of pressure and attention of the competition, and even Piniero complained of stress...

But you know what. That all made sense...kicking for his life every kick...when he had to run on the field and save the day for more than half the team doing some push-ups.

The reaction of the players was the best!!

What a game down the wire! THATS OUR KICKER BABY!!!!

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF the Bears are able to get things rolling this season, we are going to look back at this win, and think this was the turning point.

The Defense needed to know if they continue to kick ass that we can win games and the Offense need the kick in the pants, and know that they need to step up even more to not let the team down.
I'd never paid attention before he pointed it out now I look every time, I think I was better off ignorant to it.