End of The Dynasty

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
While obviously its tough not to be both stunned and heart broken at the humiliating beat down Nashville has administered -- much like the Bulls in 1998, I think we can all look back and be grateful that we witnessed such spectacular championship hockey. It was such a pleasure to watch and to be apart of. We saw three Cups hoisted in a five year period during the salary cap era. How lucky are we?

While the dismantling process of getting rid of aging broken down vets like Keith, Seabrook, Hossa, etc will be painful -- we still have Kane, Panarin, etc to stay competitive and re-build with. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowman infuse the roster with new blood and have us ready to make another run in a few years.

The Hawks of the 2010's will forever hold a place in my heart -- much like the Bulls of the 1990's. It was a period of time that might only come around once in your entire life -- if ever. Thanks, guys.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Would like to see some younger defensemen developed.

Maybe they already are, and I'm just hockey Special person.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While obviously its tough not to be both stunned and heart broken at the humiliating beat down Nashville has administered -- much like the Bulls in 1998, I think we can all look back and be grateful that we witnessed such spectacular championship hockey. It was such a pleasure to watch and to be apart of. We saw three Cups hoisted in a five year period during the salary cap era. How lucky are we?

While the dismantling process of getting rid of aging broken down vets like Keith, Seabrook, Hossa, etc will be painful -- we still have Kane, Panarin, etc to stay competitive and re-build with. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowman infuse the roster with new blood and have us ready to make another run in a few years.

The Hawks of the 2010's will forever hold a place in my heart -- much like the Bulls of the 1990's. It was a period of time that might only come around once in your entire life -- if ever. Thanks, guys.

I see them winning four in a row. All it takes is to win the next game. On a side note, that officiating last night was horrific.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Forsling and Kempny are both ready to play. We also have Fortin who might have made a roster at wing in the NHL this year, he would be one of the young guys we hear about to take over on a wing next year. Two more kids in Canada are breaking records as well. Bowmans will probably deal them for an older d man. I am sorry, but if TVR has not proven he is ready to be top 4, he never will. He is playing extremely well, but keeps getting shit on when Vets make soft passes and turnovers. Oduya and Campbell both look slow, Keith looks tentative on the rush, but moving Hossa and Keith have ramifications on our cap for future years. They both count for backed loaded contracts and we would pay them anyway.

Really surprised Q has not gone to Seabs and Keith yet. Let TVR and Hammer play second pair like the two pairs that covered the past years. Oduya and Campbell can get 8 minutes. Better yet, get Kempy or Forsling in the lineup and for christs sakes, hit somebody.

Nashville is playing fast, with finesse and pounding the shit out of the hawks. The one forward that was active and physical yesterday was tootoo and he got parked.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

They have a couple guys who could be decent NHLers in Gustav Forsling and Michal Kempny. But I don't know if they're going to be the top-pairing type of player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Forsling and Kempny are both ready to play. We also have Fortin who might have made a roster at wing in the NHL this year, he would be one of the young guys we hear about to take over on a wing next year. Two more kids in Canada are breaking records as well. Bowmans will probably deal them for an older d man. I am sorry, but if TVR has not proven he is ready to be top 4, he never will. He is playing extremely well, but keeps getting shit on when Vets make soft passes and turnovers. Oduya and Campbell both look slow, Keith looks tentative on the rush, but moving Hossa and Keith have ramifications on our cap for future years. They both count for backed loaded contracts and we would pay them anyway.

Really surprised Q has not gone to Seabs and Keith yet. Let TVR and Hammer play second pair like the two pairs that covered the past years. Oduya and Campbell can get 8 minutes. Better yet, get Kempy or Forsling in the lineup and for christs sakes, hit somebody.

Nashville is playing fast, with finesse and pounding the shit out of the hawks. The one forward that was active and physical yesterday was tootoo and he got parked.
I won't pretend that the following is anything insightful, but it has just looks like the Hawks are very uncomfortable with how physical Nashville is playing. Go back to Game 2, and Nashville had a very easy goal in front of the net, and there was two Hawk players around the guy, but neither put a body on him. That was really disappointing to see. I also realize things are infinitely different because it's the playoffs, but the skating just looks very sloppy from the Hawks.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I won't pretend that the following is anything insightful, but it has just looks like the Hawks are very uncomfortable with how physical Nashville is playing. Go back to Game 2, and Nashville had a very easy goal in front of the net, and there was two Hawk players around the guy, but neither put a body on him. That was really disappointing to see. I also realize things are infinitely different because it's the playoffs, but the skating just looks very sloppy from the Hawks.

Physicality has never been a part of the Hawks game, though, even on defense. It's more about body positioning and stick placement than running people over. That goal you're referencing, I believe it was Hjalmarsson who was standing behind the player who was damn near in the net while tapping in a loose rebound. Hjammer has to either a) not allow the player to get to that spot or b) tie up the player's stick so he can't do anything with the rebound. Neither happened, so a goal happened. Things like that have been happening all over the place for the Hawks this series.

Agreed on the skating though. Seems like there are Hawks hitting the deck on almost every shift, whether of their own volition or not. And as I've said in a few other places here, the Preds are just incredibly faster than the Hawks right now.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

DMelt is right. It's not the hitting...never has been. They've taken much bigger poundings in other series and came out winners. They were always faster, smarter and more disciplined than the Anaheims of the world...that's the kicker. Nashville is just as fast, maybe faster...and most importantly, playing smart. They've already taken away the Hawk's entrances by trapping the neutral zone and have got them playing dump and chase which is not their game. They are also taking full advantage of the fact that the officiating tends to turn more of a blind eye at playoff time.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Toews needs to get off that diet he started last season.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
For the record, I'm not convinced the dynasty is over, either.

Wait...you don't think a team that finished first in the Western Conference is completely done and screwed going forward? A team that hasn't even lost a series yet but is down 0 - 3? A team that is capable of winning 4 games in a row no matter how stacked the odds are (and they are stacked). A team that has a core which has won in the very recent past. The best teams get upset at times...sports.

Just plain crazy talk...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree they made mistakes this year in not recognizing how old that defensive 6 we started this playoffs was. We had the mix of guys to support the old with the new, and find a blend.

I think Desjardins would have been helpful this series, and he should have been with his old mate Kruger leading a checking line.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I've never hoped they win the next four games more than I do right now, so I can parade this shit around every post made by the OP for the rest of his time on CCS.

Hey Caitlyn Jenner - that's the reason you want us to win 4 in a row? To try and show some poster on the internet how wrong he was? LMAO.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DMelt is right. It's not the hitting...never has been. They've taken much bigger poundings in other series and came out winners. They were always faster, smarter and more disciplined than the Anaheims of the world...that's the kicker. Nashville is just as fast, maybe faster...and most importantly, playing smart. They've already taken away the Hawk's entrances by trapping the neutral zone and have got them playing dump and chase which is not their game. They are also taking full advantage of the fact that the officiating tends to turn more of a blind eye at playoff time.

I just wanna point out.... and I am not directing this at you, but I am quoting your post because it reminded me.

I laid out how a team could go about beating the Hawks like a month or so ago in one of the threads here... I talked about forcing the Hawks to dump and chase and if you do it well enough and key in on shutting down the PAK line.... and if Toews' line couldn't come up with some offense.... we could be in serious trouble.

And I recall at least a couple people scoffing at the notion that you could shut down this Hawks team by making them dump and chase.... well Nashville is running a godamned clinic on how I said you could beat the Hawks.... and the Hawks are doing all the things I feared they might that would further hobble them so they couldn't overcome this kind of gameplan.

It doesn't make me happy lol but I called the fuck outta how a team might beat the Hawks.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
raw

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just wanna point out.... and I am not directing this at you, but I am quoting your post because it reminded me.

I laid out how a team could go about beating the Hawks like a month or so ago in one of the threads here... I talked about forcing the Hawks to dump and chase and if you do it well enough and key in on shutting down the PAK line.... and if Toews' line couldn't come up with some offense.... we could be in serious trouble.

And I recall at least a couple people scoffing at the notion that you could shut down this Hawks team by making them dump and chase.... well Nashville is running a godamned clinic on how I said you could beat the Hawks.... and the Hawks are doing all the things I feared they might that would further hobble them so they couldn't overcome this kind of gameplan.

It doesn't make me happy lol but I called the fuck outta how a team might beat the Hawks.

If you wanna go necro-bump that thread I'd highly encourage it. Would like to read that again.

I think the biggest swing-and-miss I had was being convinced that Panik, Hartman, and Schmaltz were going to waltz into the playoffs and continue producing at the same rate they did back in the regular season. I started a thread a month or two before the trade deadline asking if the Hawks were a Cup-worthy team, and I said no because I didn't think they had enough forward depth. I softened on that stance because of how well Schmaltz, Panik, and Hartman played in the second half of the season. Should've stuck with that initial stance.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

This "story" needs a link, or gtfo.