Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guess when they ranked the Bears offense 9th before last season started, they thought that Nagy and the addition of a crew of receivers was going to make a big di

No, you're wrong. They ranked the Bears offense 9th last year before the year started. Coincidentally they finished 9th in points. Check the Jets for example, it shows the 2018 ranking as 32, they were 23rd in scoring. If you read the whole thing you will see you are wrong.

If they ranked the Bears O 9th before last season started that was beyond stupid, I know they finished 9th in points, so I gave ESPN the benefit of the doubt, big mistake.

I’ll bet you’re a gas at parties.

Next level meatball, saying Mitch has to improve, will ruin this guys party. That sounds like a terrific party, to avoid, way too sensitive.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thing is the Bears wide receivers and running backs are stacked this year! They have so much talent there. There’s no way they’ll still be ranked #17 by the end of the year. I can certainly see them being in the top five.
Did you really just call the Bears RB position "stacked"? What in the world

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Next level meatball, saying Mitch has to improve, will ruin this guys party. That sounds like a terrific party, to avoid, way too sensitive.
Not so much that. I just think you’re the AntiChrist for questioning our dear dear Mitchell. Shame on you. Shame. Shame.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You’re damn right they’re stacked! You’ll see!
I know you think this, and I do hope you're right, but are there any stats you can point to that show how "stacked" this unit is? Of course not, don't be silly.

This is the NFL, you aren't gifted greatness. You suck until you prove you don't, not the other way around.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are not saying ESPN ranked them 9th last year, the previous seasons is where the team finished in points scored. The Bears were the 9th highest scoring team in the NFL in 2018. Yardage, not so good, 21st, It was all those turnovers with short fields, D scores that inflated the scoring total.

Going by yardage the Bears were well below average, against a few pretty weak defenses. If the beloved want to kepp things in 12 win territory, Maserati Mitch and company better step it the hell up.
They were ranked 9th in the same article of O talent from the year before. My post had nothing to do with points.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They were ranked 9th in the same article of O talent from the year before. My post had nothing to do with points.

I don't remember that. Last year at this time I was hoping the Bears O would approach average, they did not but the D did all the heavy lifting in 2018. If the national media was predicting the Bears to have one of the top 10 offenses in the league, why weren't more CCS meatballs making the same claim? Were they and I just ignored them?

I have the same hope this season, the O becomes average, going from 21 to 15 would be huge, I think it's possible.

Ranked 9th before 2018 is beyond stupid.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember that. Last year at this time I was hoping the Bears O would approach average, they did not but the D did all the heavy lifting in 2018. If the national media was predicting the Bears to have one of the top 10 offenses in the league, why weren't more CCS meatballs making the same claim? Were they and I just ignored them?

I have the same hope this season, the O becomes average, going from 21 to 15 would be huge, I think it's possible.

Ranked 9th before 2018 is beyond stupid.

I'm in total agreement here, and if we get Mazerati as opposed to Mole Eye ...
:long:
and the rookie RB shows up how much fun will that be?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears offense ranked 16th in yards per drive.

They were 11th in points scored per drive.

They were also 11th in 3rd conversation percentage.

Despite ranking in the bottom half in total yards they were extremely efficient and made the most of the opportunities.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they ranked the Bears O 9th before last season started that was beyond stupid, I know they finished 9th in points, so I gave ESPN the benefit of the doubt, big mistake.
Yes he did and yes it is.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They were 11th in points scored per drive.

That will happen when the D gives you the ball at opponents 20.

Eye test, the 2018 Bears offense was not good, they were below average. Don't be fooled by an outlier like the Buc's game skewing the numbers, trust your eyes.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Eye test, the 2018 Bears offense was not good, they were below average. Don't be fooled by an outlier like the Buc's game skewing the numbers, trust your eyes.

Bears were pretty good at sustaining drives and third down conversions. Eye test or no they put some decent drives together.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The subject line of this thread was poorly written. The OP failed miserably at Reading Comprehension

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd say more like average overall but not above. If anything, the run game held them back more than the passing. Our 4.1 average was in the bottom 5 and even that # was elevated by Mitch's scrambles(6.2). Our Interior OL was very poor last year. Out Ts looked better than usual partially because the closer defenders got there 1st and Mitch has wheels.

We constantly hear about Houston's shitty OL (it is) but they were midpack in YPC. It was also helped by Watson's scrambles but even then, not to the extent of Mitch here. Long was not yet what we hope he will be again this year, especially in the last game. The other G spot was a revolving door and the blocking just looked uncoordinated in general. Our vet Ts didn't magically get better last year, they simply weren't the path of least resistance. They're fine but will never be special. Cody deserves his props but couldn't fix what was going on next to him. Leno had a VG year but it wasn't as special as he got credited for.

If Long is close to what he was before the injury train the line should be much better this year with Mitch getting spiral shotgun snaps without needing to look them in and a better pocket to step into once he has the ball.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It’s an article about ranking the triplets. Under Nagy the team probably won’t have a “triplet” designation but that’s okay.

However, I agree Cohen’s production at the end of season was disgusting and I fully blame Nagy!

4 touches in a playoff game for your most dynamic offensive player when you’re struggle to score is purely negligent.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
However, I agree Cohen’s production at the end of season was disgusting and I fully blame Nagy!

4 touches in a playoff game for your most dynamic offensive player when you’re struggle to score is purely negligent.

Hopefully he learned from that. And from the other rookie mistakes he made as a rookie HC.
As good a coach as he was in 2018, he made a number of very poor decisions that cost the Bears games.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Despite all the potential, middle of the pack seems about right until they prove otherwise with actual production vs. talent on paper. Which could very well happen this year, or it could not. All depends on if Mitch takes the next step, which has been pounded to death this offseason. I think he will, but who the fuck knows.
On paper the Brown's have had some very good talent for about a decade, but that does not mean much till you put it together on the field....

I actually think we have a better chance than the Browns of putting it into real games.