Expect a new OC from the outside

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Helfrich was brought into be creative, out of the box, college-oriented, RPO stuff. The next guy should be the opposite: run-oriented, old school, hopefully someone who is well-versed in outside zone/SF type offense. Probably won't matter too much, but it's imperative to have an OC who counters Nagy's tendencies rather than facilitates them.

I'd love to see Pat Shurmur end up in Chicago as the OC if he's canned by the Giants. He pretty much blows as a HC, but he's a really good playcaller who is committed to the running game. I think Shurmur would balance Nagy out. Shurmur was also Chip Kelly's OC in Philly, so he's very familiar with the offense Nagy wants.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Childress was never going to be the OC. Thought that was pretty common knowledge..

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Nagy is the problem. Not the fake oc. Well get one more year of Nagy before pace figures it out.
What makes you think pace will get a 3rd head coaching hire? Did jerry reinsdorf buy the bears? the mccaskeys usually only give gms 1 hire. Angelo got lovie and thats it. Emery got trestman and thats it. Pace got two even though he didn't deserve it. He definitely won't be getting a third.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone watch the LSU game yesterday?

9 minutes left in the 4th quarter and LSU was up by like 28 points...
Instead of running up the middle for 1 yard, 3 times and then punting, then playing soft defense, LSU actually used the same strategy they used all game and put a TD drive together and won the game without everyone biting their nails, or even losing..

What a novel idea(sarc)..

I'm not saying Mitch is perfect, or even above average...But he would be a lot better without Nagy constantly putting him in bad spots by terrible play calling and bad game planning

Mitch will improve without Nagy, but Nagy will just ruin the next QB that comes along, and we will be here 2 years from now having the same conversation and the same football ignorant fans will be calling for his removal as well..