Fahey breaks down Trubisky vs. Dallas

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I do not think they are spending any money on Bridgewater. It may influence what they do in the draft. We are seeing that the ceiling with Mitch is still there and that he is not as mentally broken as the depressed robot from earlier in the season would make us believe.

I think we are seeing is that the Bears are removing the self created impediments to their success.

-Personnel
-Coaching
-Execution

All 3 areas have improved and as the Bears get out of their own way they look way better.

Hopefully you were on to something with the "no one was ready for 202" thing. Maybe they are getting it and playing faster.

I still think the best thing to do this off-season is to not invest on the QB position. Put the FA money into filling holes and use those 2nd Rd picks to fill more holes. If Mitchell is more of the same in 2020 you finally have a 1st to get a top tier QB in the 2021 draft.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sack he took was a weird play. I may be incorrect but what I remember was it was second and one and they called play action but the line immediately dropped into pass pro so the fake handoff was pointless and the pocket collapsed immediately.

There were other plays where it looked like either Whitehair got the line calls wrong or the linemen didn't understand their assignments. Like when they direct snapped to Patterson and Leno pulled and just ran past his guy and Patterson was dropped for a loss. Maybe that's what Trubisky was referring to when he said they have to stop making mistakes?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That sack he took was a weird play. I may be incorrect but what I remember was it was second and one and they called play action but the line immediately dropped into pass pro so the fake handoff was pointless and the pocket collapsed immediately.

There were other plays where it looked like either Whitehair got the line calls wrong or the linemen didn't understand their assignments. Like when they direct snapped to Patterson and Leno pulled and just ran past his guy and Patterson was dropped for a loss. Maybe that's what Trubisky was referring to when he said they have to stop making mistakes?

I think Miller was suppose to crack on the DE and Leno was pulling.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
By Cian Fahey

@Cianaf

https://presnapreads.com

He made some outstanding throws, but in truth he also made a lot of plays that were more about the inability of his opponents rather than his performance.

By Cian Fahey

@Cianaf

https://presnapreads.com

He made some outstanding throws, but in truth he also made a lot of plays that were more about the inability of his opponents rather than his performance.

When you don't know what you are talking about so you literally talk to haters and fans out of both sides of your mouth.

This guys writing is just sunshine and rainbows for whoever wants to read into it. Haters will say, I agree, its bad defense on Dallas, fans will say its Trubisky making great decisions.

Reality is the playcalling had Dallas befuddled. I was pleasantly fooled and shocked by many play calls. I thought I saw one thing coming and I was completely wrong. Mitch carried the offense though.

He says multiple times that specific passes tell us nothing about Trubisky. He broke an NFL record for the way he carved up a top 10 defense but he can't even get the credit. At this point I don't wanna feed these people crow but a pile of shit.

This is bandwagon journalism, saying whats popular.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
For me the biggest difference in the play calling is

-Play action, which Mitch is good at.
-Designed QB runs with lead blockers
-More diverse run sets

I think it is less running new stuff and more the volume of the stuff they run well he is calling.
I agree and I’ll add that Mitch finally looks comfortable and confident in his RPO reads. Early in the season he was constantly make the wrong RPO reads, handing off when he should keep it, and vice versa. Like the article said, there was no hesitations with those reads last night and he was finally reading his defensive keys quickly and correctly.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The interception was an under throw to the corner. He under threw it because instead of setting his feet and stepping into the breaking defender. He threw the ball falling away. Which saps the power out of a pass 100% of the time. And someone needs to let Mitch know if you are gonna throw falling away to avoid the rusher you will lose a lot of power out of the throw. Because he apparently doesn't grasp that yet.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Interestingly he "fell away" from a rusher on the threading the needle play that was well thrown. That was about 25 air yards. The interception was about 30 air yards from Mitch to the corner and his pass fell short at about 25 air yards. For whatever that's worth.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the losses to the Packers were both extremely winnable games. especially week 1 this year. if Trubisky continues to play like he has and the defense smashes Rodgers' face in again like week 1, Bears win.

I say they aren't making the playoffs cause they kept shooting themselves in the foot in Sept/Oct. we have CCS bitching about a mole eye and a bald man in a visor to credit for the turnaround huh

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The pick was ugly. I suspect (hope) that throw just got away from him.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The interception was an under throw to the corner. He under threw it because instead of setting his feet and stepping into the breaking defender. He threw the ball falling away. Which saps the power out of a pass 100% of the time. And someone needs to let Mitch know if you are gonna throw falling away to avoid the rusher you will lose a lot of power out of the throw. Because he apparently doesn't grasp that yet.
I think you’re wrong. It looked more like and overthrow of the underneath guy, ARob I believe

Menchifus

Liked Posts:

There was no corner route. It was ARob underneath and Wims in the middle. The pass was to Wims. But Wims didn't turn his head and jump for the ball. Wims would've caught that if only he looked.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I've said it multiple times before. This Cian is a blowhard hack analyst. I can't stomach his clear slant in his analysis. Its why I can't understand why Adipost even likes this guy considering how much more neutral he is in his own analysis. I couldn't even get halfway through that shit before I rolled my eyes and stopped bothering to read it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interestingly he "fell away" from a rusher on the threading the needle play that was well thrown. That was about 25 air yards. The interception was about 30 air yards from Mitch to the corner and his pass fell short at about 25 air yards. For whatever that's worth.

You're overthinking it. He missed his mark. The only thing I gave a shit about was that he didn't turtle into a shell after making one mistake. I don't give a fuck if he's throwing interceptions. Or have people already forgotten how shit this offense is when Mitch isn't being aggressive? Maybe just maybe the solution is for him to be more Jay Cutler than game manager? Fucks sake people. Wake up.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How the shit did Chris Sojka thumb down Adipost's OP? Great analysis, and on point. Accidental downvote??

He's still the same player who has no middle ground. It's either awful or it's great. Tonight it was great. Against competent opponents, it needs to stay great if the Bears are going to do anything of significance this year or in the future.

I might disagree about the middle ground. Many of the offensive failures extend beyond Trubs, but he wasn't good enough to overcome those drive killers all by himself. At times he game manages doing not much of anything great or terrible.

Nice to see how things roll when pumping on all cylinders for once.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
There was no corner route. It was ARob underneath and Wims in the middle. The pass was to Wims. But Wims didn't turn his head and jump for the ball. Wims would've caught that if only he looked.
There was Miller in the corner of the end zone however.

bufordht

Liked Posts:

Ya totally, we've all seen Wims' 84 inch vertical.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
You're overthinking it. He missed his mark. The only thing I gave a shit about was that he didn't turtle into a shell after making one mistake. I don't give a fuck if he's throwing interceptions. Or have people already forgotten how shit this offense is when Mitch isn't being aggressive? Maybe just maybe the solution is for him to be more Jay Cutler than game manager? Fucks sake people. Wake up.
Yes he missed his mark. Miller was wide open heading to the corner. The reason dude was in a position to make the interception is he took a bad angle to Miller and was too far underneath it. Mitch has Miller wide open there is no overthinking that.