Fangio leaving could make the Bears better - forrest through the trees edition

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
People here are being super harsh on Fangio.. sheesh.. but, I feel like his philosophy was to play to the defenses strengths. It looked vanilla sometimes, but his "this is what we are, we are going to out-execute you, try and stop us" worked VERY well. Did he need elite talent to get that done? Yes. My only complaint was that it seemed once his gameplan was falling short (i.e. Miami game this year) he didn't adjust. I hope whoever takes his place is more creative/aggressive, but I would swear you guys were talking about Mel Tucker with the descriptions of Fangio.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People here are being super harsh on Fangio.. sheesh.. but, I feel like his philosophy was to play to the defenses strengths. It looked vanilla sometimes, but his "this is what we are, we are going to out-execute you, try and stop us" worked VERY well. Did he need elite talent to get that done? Yes. My only complaint was that it seemed once his gameplan was falling short (i.e. Miami game this year) he didn't adjust. I hope whoever takes his place is more creative/aggressive, but I would swear you guys were talking about Mel Tucker with the descriptions of Fangio.
Losing Mel Tucker would go along the lines of "Rejoice Bear Nation - We are definitely getting better now!"

That's not what was said at all.