Favorite hot sauce?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I got this real good green habenero sauce at the local Mexican market. Love it.

Thought about even going further and giving ghost pepper sauce a shot, but just really want a damn good hot sauce/ spice that’s your go to.

What’s your fav?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Impossible for me to pick a favorite. So many great hot sauces out there ranging from mild, to burn your face off. It also really depends on what I'm eating it on / with. I guess if I had to pick one that was versatile, with enough heat and a good flavor profile...it would have to be good old sriracha. Great on practically everything, but there are definitely better options for specific food / cuisine types.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't have much of a preference, but is there a bad hot sauce out there?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like franks hot sauce

Taste so damn good you really can put it on everything. Doritos, pizza, chicken......

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also check out aardvark habanero

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like franks hot sauce

Taste so damn good you really can put it on everything. Doritos, pizza, chicken......
I think Frank's is ok, and I use it often. But once again we're back to what kind of food I'm using it with. It's fairly vinegary, and it doesn't have a ton of heat. I would compare it loosely to similar sauces like Louisiana.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't have much of a preference, but is there a bad hot sauce out there?
In my opinion, very few. Most hot sauce is decent, but only a handful are what I'd call great.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Desperado, you might enjoy watching hot ones on YouTube if you have never checked it out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think Frank's is ok, and I use it often. But once again we're back to what kind of food I'm using it with. It's fairly vinegary, and it doesn't have a ton of heat. I would compare it loosely to similar sauces like Louisiana.

I think that’s why I like it. Tastes great more so then making my nose drip lol

And their other flavors like sweet and sour are also good

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Desperado, you might enjoy watching hot ones on YouTube if you have never checked it out.
I’ll check it out, Thanks!

Any good crushed red pepper you recommend? The best I have is from one of my good buds who has a farm and his family grounds their own fresh pepper recipe. But I’m running low and had some really shitty red pepper products

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I have a dozen or so at any given time, including some homemade ones. I come to back to chunky sriracha the most consistently. For hotter, Melinda's is very good.

Out, the creamy green salsa available at some Mexican places is great. The red sauce indigenous to southern New Mexico that goes on enchiladas is incredible. I make a sauce that is basically white vinegar and bird's eye chili blended up that is pretty good.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Any good crushed red pepper you recommend? The best I have is from one of my good buds who has a farm and his family grounds their own fresh pepper recipe. But I’m running low and had some really shitty red pepper products
Actually, no. I use crushed red pepper all the time and I haven't found anything great yet. Passable, but not great. I should really try to find something better than I'm currently using off the spice rack at my local supermarket.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Actually, no. I use crushed red pepper all the time and I haven't found anything great yet. Passable, but not great. I should really try to find something better than I'm currently using off the spice rack at my local supermarket.
When I lived in Chicago best I found was Trader Joe’s crushed red pepper.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Example episode:

https://youtu.be/7TN09IP5JuI

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I’ll have to check it out! Have you tried anything ghost pepper related? I’ve had ghost pepper cheese and loved it

Nope. The Melinda's Naga Jalokia is really good for hot sauces in the crazy hot realm (at least it's crazy hot for me). I love habanero, I think they're the best tasting pepper (I don't eat them straight or anything I'm not that hardcore).

Also a fan of tapatio as a general all around hot sauce.

Yeah, it's my go to, basic hot sauce.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've tried all sorts of different hot sauces and I always end up going back to good ole Tabasco.

For awhile there is was very hip to hate Tabasco, I always have that, Sriracha, and Franks in the house, with other types cycling through. Franks and butter = Buffalo sauce.