Favorite hot sauce?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
For awhile there is was very hip to hate Tabasco, I always have that, Sriracha, and Franks in the house, with other types cycling through. Franks and butter = Buffalo sauce.

Add Durkee’s Mustard-Mayo to it for a different flavor wing sauce. Excellent.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There’s a store near me that carries over 100 brands. May be closer to 200. Like shopping for wine, many select based on label and/or name.

I can attest that “Scorned Woman” is hot ! :)

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The best place I know of to sample different hot sauces is this place in Bloomingdale. I'm not saying it's a great restaurant, it's okay but they have dozens of open bottles to sample or bring back to your table, the selection changes all the time. They're in a china cabinet or something.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/roosters-bar-and-grill-bloomingdale

Here is a messed up shot at the hot sauce bar, I apologize for the woo woo.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will be laughing at that for a long time - "I apologize for the Woo Woo."

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cholula has been one of my go to basic hot sauces for a long time, but I just picked up a bottle of their green sauce for the first time recently. Holy shit, I love this stuff. Wish it had a little more heat, but the flavor is great.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cholula has been one of my go to basic hot sauces for a long time, but I just picked up a bottle of their green sauce for the first time recently. Holy shit, I love this stuff. Wish it had a little more heat, but the flavor is great.

Agree, buddy of mine told me to pick it up.... Jewel by me has every type of Cholula, good stuff.

Side note, but do you go into a fair number of restaurants around the U.S. and they have Tabasco on the table, but the waiter/waitress says "We also have Cholula if you'd prefer" and I always say yes and then wait on the Cholula.

I've seen this in Chicagoland area, San Fran, Arizona, Minnesota, and at least once in Florida.

Why do they have to ask? Why not put it on the table? Do they keep like 4 bottles in a safe in the back?

I have so many f****ing questions

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I agree 100 % . Working With Mexicans for 30 years in the construction industry, Cholula was the only hot sauce they would bring to work.
I brought Dave’s insanity sauce because some were bragging that nothing was too hot for them.......they were very surprised

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I brought Dave’s insanity sauce because some were bragging that nothing was too hot for them.......they were very surprised
Really? I spoke to the waitress and she apologized and offered me Tobasco. The Devil's Spit sauce is weak for me.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Really? I spoke to the waitress and she apologized and offered me Tobasco. The Devil's Spit sauce is weak for me.
Not sure what you mean

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree, buddy of mine told me to pick it up.... Jewel by me has every type of Cholula, good stuff.

Side note, but do you go into a fair number of restaurants around the U.S. and they have Tabasco on the table, but the waiter/waitress says "We also have Cholula if you'd prefer" and I always say yes and then wait on the Cholula.

I've seen this in Chicagoland area, San Fran, Arizona, Minnesota, and at least once in Florida.

Why do they have to ask? Why not put it on the table? Do they keep like 4 bottles in a safe in the back?

I have so many f****ing questions
Ironically some trashy place like IHOP will just keep it out on the table sometimes, very random

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
srs. ask him.
I’ve asked him a couple good questions already that he won’t answer, why would he answer that when everybody know the planet is roughly 4.5 billion years old

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How is it compared to tobasco brands green sauce? when I go to Chipotle, I sometimes use a whole bottle on my bowl.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How is it compared to tobasco brands green sauce? when I go to Chipotle, I sometimes use a whole bottle on my bowl.
Cholula is red unless you get the green kind. It also has stuff like cumin in it. It's a great sauce for mexican dishes but I am not a fan of it for things like wings or pizza because of the cumin. Just my preference but I'm not trying to turn basic American food into some sort of fusion dish by adding hot sauce.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cholula is red unless you get the green kind. It also has stuff like cumin in it. It's a great sauce for mexican dishes but I am not a fan of it for things like wings or pizza because of the cumin. Just my preference but I'm not trying to turn basic American food into some sort of fusion dish by adding hot sauce.
Its great on tacos

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I read this several times. I am not sure if you answered my questions.
I understand Cholula is red. But Nvan, mentioned picking up some green. When I go to Chipotle, I dump tobasco brand green sauce. If Cholula green is better, I will walk in my local Chipotle a bit taller with my personal green Cholula in my pocket.

But you are right. I don't use green for anything else really. Maybe other tex/Mex meals but thats about all it is good for.
I like Jalopenos on my burger but would never dump green sauce on it either.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like cholula better personally because it tastes less like vinegar compared to tobasco. I do really like the chipotle tobasco though