Fear The Walking Dead

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Surprised this thread hasn’t been active with the ongoing season

I got caught up with it the other day. We are starting to see the tie into the other show plus a possibility it ties into ricks upcoming movies

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ummmmm. Nope

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yes, the people that grabbed the documentary lady had the same symbol that was on the helicopter Rick was taken away in.

They still do stupid stuff constantly. I think it's a walking dead thing in general, do stupid shit that people with common sense would avoid like the plague.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fear the Walking Dead is the epitome of a show with no core it would seem.

Rick Grimes was the core of TWD and the core of that show, for better or worse built around him.

FTWD seemed to be Madison with her family around her, but then Travis ded... Madison ded... Nick ded....

Then they added Morgan and seemed to be sorta building around him, but it is more of a group core not built around 1 character... and the main focus of this group, is to... just generally help people.

There's no good main antagonist or problem to solve... just keep sorta moving around helping people randomly.

The episode from last night 8/18 was so filled with hollow moments of "peril" and cheap attempts to replicate TWD and all their godamned layers and symbolism.

It feels like a FTWD and even TWD are just video games with a cheat console that a kid turns on and off...

ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS = 0

Ok cool let's scout this building, oh look at all those idiot zombies at the bottom of the escalators, they aren't even trying to break the barricades and climb the stairs.

ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS = 1

Omg we have to get thru all of them to that Urgent Care so Grace can check if she has cancer...

Shit they saw Grace, if ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS was set to 0 we could just walk back to the stairs and back up and out of danger, but now the zombies are too fast/difficult to kill.

Let's go inside this store and reset the cheat code.

ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS = 0

Phew that was lucky, now they will just piled up against that window and that store door you locked and we will be safe... but we're trapped cuz, well idk why but let's pretend we're trapped.

Ok this is boring and we had our emo chat.

ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS = 1

Omg they are suddenly breaking the door down, time to go thru that back door we could have gone thru the entire time apparently.

Hey look a gaggle of them are coming down the hallway, turn off your light so Morgan can idiotically fight them in the dark even though the dark gives no advantage we know of against zombies and if anything makes it harder for him to fight especially since the lights we just on and thus his pupils would not have had time to adjust to the utter darkness yet.

Ok we got all the zombies and Morgan almost got chomped.

ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS = 0

Let's go play with the generator and look it powered up literally every single thing in the Mall, because everyone leaves every single thing on at all times and none of it would have failed over the past few years.

Ok back into the Mall where the lights and sounds are distracting the zombies, but that's no fun

ZOMBIES _ DANGEROUS = 1

Omg we have to get back upstairs, but now there are zombies everywhere... and zombies are dangerous so once again Morgan is stuck grappling on an escalator with a zombie he can't get off him.

Ok we survived, let's reset it again

ZOMBIES_DANGEROUS = 0

Phew, let's go find our buddy on the roof and finish out this episode.

Bury him, no zombies.... idk what the pack of them in the mall is doing, but we will clear the whole Mall with the setting off so it is NBD.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, the people that grabbed the documentary lady had the same symbol that was on the helicopter Rick was taken away in.

They still do stupid stuff constantly. I think it's a walking dead thing in general, do stupid shit that people with common sense would avoid like the plague.

Too dumb to build armor. To dumb to navigate a mountain range.
But they can make a hot air balloon and navigate it over the mountains?
When I saw that i was like
3XiKMch.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too dumb to build armor. To dumb to navigate a mountain range.
But they can make a hot air balloon and navigate it over the mountains?
When I saw that i was like
3XiKMch.gif

Smart enough to take off and fly a plane over the mountains (Al)... but not smart enough to think "Where the fuck am I gonna land this thing with no lights... why didn't we leave so we could land in daylight?"

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Smart enough to take off and fly a plane over the mountains (Al)... but not smart enough to think "Where the fuck am I gonna land this thing with no lights... why didn't we leave so we could land in daylight?"

Not only take off and fly... rebuild a wrecked plane.

I half expected a scene with dwight jumping a shark on a motorcycle to get the props.

So what would you say the time frame is on FTWD... one year post savior battle?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone else wondering how it is Logan suckered them into flying a plane all the way to that station, and then got him and his trucks and people to the factory if all the roads were blocked?

Even if say he wasn't there, but just knew the place.... isn't that a bit of a gamble, that these people would find and be able to fly a plane to get there? If they couldn't... ur whole play is SOL.

And beyond that, how long did he have to string them along on the radio while they got that plane, got it ready and supplied.... wouldn't it have been infinitely easier to draw them somewhere they could drive to, then do the exact same bait/switch... get in the factory search it, loot it, dare them to fight when they got back.

Or he coulda drawn them into an ambush... or blocked a road after they passed by.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not only take off and fly... rebuild a wrecked plane.

I half expected a scene with dwight jumping a shark on a motorcycle to get the props.

So what would you say the time frame is on FTWD... one year post savior battle?

Has to be roughly there.... Dwight and Morgan left and got over by the FTWD people.... I would say roughly 1 year after sounds right.

And it would be... say 2-4 years into the zombie apocalypse in theory to me... minimum I would buy is 2 years.

If FTWD is playing the "Gas is going bad card" now, I think it might be a bit late, but begs the question why the fuck wasn't Gas a problem in TWD for 8 seasons.

The thing I wonder is if, as it seems to me, they intend to eventually link the shows together along with these Rick movies.... FTWD will need to jump forward in time like TWD did, and this whole we're a trucking convoy act likely has to stop unless they are somehow producing a virtually limitless supply of gasoline.

Idk how crude oil is refined into gasoline, I wonder how plausible it is they found oil and a refining plant and got it working.... then again they rebuilt a fucking plane and stuck random propellers from a small plane onto it and flew it over a mountain.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has to be roughly there.... Dwight and Morgan left and got over by the FTWD people.... I would say roughly 1 year after sounds right.

And it would be... say 2-4 years into the zombie apocalypse in theory to me... minimum I would buy is 2 years.

If FTWD is playing the "Gas is going bad card" now, I think it might be a bit late, but begs the question why the fuck wasn't Gas a problem in TWD for 8 seasons.

The thing I wonder is if, as it seems to me, they intend to eventually link the shows together along with these Rick movies.... FTWD will need to jump forward in time like TWD did, and this whole we're a trucking convoy act likely has to stop unless they are somehow producing a virtually limitless supply of gasoline.

Idk how crude oil is refined into gasoline, I wonder how plausible it is they found oil and a refining plant and got it working.... then again they rebuilt a fucking plane and stuck random propellers from a small plane onto it and flew it over a mountain.

I was actually curious about how oil was refined as a kid after seeing the road warrior- apparently it is pretty simplistic if cleanliness is not a big deal- they just distill the crude oil apparently.
My science teacher told me that refining oil is no more complex than making moonshine- so I would totally buy someone doing that.

I actually wondered why there was never a story line of a gasoline trader... You gotta imagine that refineries would have massive amounts of crude waiting to be refined... a one day supply for a a production facility might be enough for years of gas for apocalypse survivors.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Never seen the show....will not fear

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Never seen the show....will not fear

I watched the first two seasons, people were saying ITT that season 3 is when it started getting good. FTWD has all the problems of the original, plus more.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I watched the first two seasons, people were saying ITT that season 3 is when it started getting good. FTWD has all the problems of the original, plus more.

For all the bitching people do about Rick Grimes... FTWD is what it looks like when you refuse to build a core around a main character at any point.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was actually curious about how oil was refined as a kid after seeing the road warrior- apparently it is pretty simplistic if cleanliness is not a big deal- they just distill the crude oil apparently.
My science teacher told me that refining oil is no more complex than making moonshine- so I would totally buy someone doing that.

I actually wondered why there was never a story line of a gasoline trader... You gotta imagine that refineries would have massive amounts of crude waiting to be refined... a one day supply for a a production facility might be enough for years of gas for apocalypse survivors.

I would agree, if it is that simple... Wendell's "sister" (Sarah?) was already working on beer brewing... could probably shift gears and distill oil.

And yeah if there's a large quantity of crude sitting around, that doesn't go bad.... you could distill as needed for quite a while or even see if you can figure out how to pump more out of the wells.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would agree, if it is that simple... Wendell's "sister" (Sarah?) was already working on beer brewing... could probably shift gears and distill oil.

And yeah if there's a large quantity of crude sitting around, that doesn't go bad.... you could distill as needed for quite a while or even see if you can figure out how to pump more out of the wells.

From what I gather (and this was decades ago) i guess crude just stays crude until processed.. which makes sense since it sat in the ground for millions of years.

.... not too certain about what they do different to get diesel though, and that interests me.
They got some big ass trucks with heavy loads gobbling up a ton of fuel.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From what I gather (and this was decades ago) i guess crude just stays crude until processed.. which makes sense since it sat in the ground for millions of years.

.... not too certain about what they do different to get diesel though, and that interests me.
They got some big ass trucks with heavy loads gobbling up a ton of fuel.

Yeah what's the difference between making diesel and making ordinary 87 octane gasoline we use in most cars and machines?

Same distill, maybe just different mix/additives?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For all the bitching people do about Rick Grimes... FTWD is what it looks like when you refuse to build a core around a main character at any point.

I had high hopes for Strand or John or even Morgan becoming a commanding sort of leader... but none of them stand out.
John would be great- but he is pussy whipped.
Morgan just wants to be morgan.
Strand is apparently trying to be a bootlicking helper to atone for being an asshole before.

Daniel would be one hell of a leader. Maybe he steps up.
Dwight would be an interesting choice to center the show on- If he never finds his woman (he probably will) he seems well adjusted enough now and really has taken the helping people angle to heart. He really does want to make it right.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So short answer for the gas manufacturing....

Same process for diesel vs regular gas... they turn from vapor back into a liquid that can be collected at different temperatures.

Also sounds like regular gas does have additives, but unclear if they are actually needed for the gas to function normally.

Diesel Manufacturing

Regular Gas Manufacturing

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That totally seems like something that could be done at a pretty good rate.

Dangerous as hell, prone to accident, but then again so is moonshining and hillbillies do it all the time.