Few more thoughts about Mitch's struggles (with some hope)..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Watching him thru 3 games now, and no doubt he has struggled, I see 2 big things:

1). Making a huge effort to not leave the pocket and scramble. Mitch averaged nearly 5 rushes per game last year (7 per year in college) and this season about 1.5. This is a large difference in mentality and I think this has contributed to his difficulties. I think its a change he certainly needed to try and make to be a better QB and we are seeing the growing pains. Our poor O-line play has made this task even harder because we consistently have breakdowns and its just too much for him to process.
His sack rate has risen 50%, partly due to worse O-line and also partly him trying to not leave and work within the pocket. But that throw he made to Gabriel wasn't something he would have done last year. He would have tucked it and ran. Some food for thought.

2). Mitch is still incredibly nervous overwhelmed on the mental side. I see a QB who is playing extremely tight right now and the game is still too fast for him. I saw for a little while on Sunday, when he had a decent lead and he had already threw some TDs, the ball started coming out more on target, hitting some guys in stride and you could just see him more relaxed. He did throw that bad late pick in the redzone but I understand that was a misread on the WR adjustment. He is still overwhelmed with the volume of information. This offense may be more complex than we realize and thats a tough combo with a QB who is still learning the position.

Yes, we should not be having these problems with a 3rd year QB. He may just never pick up the mental side of the game nor may he ever get comfortable enough to play consistently. Some guys have all the tools but just never get it upstairs.

I still see someone working on their game, trying to become better and trying to get things to slow down. There is still plenty of room for improvement.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I swear to god people are acting like he threw 3 INTs to 1 TD instead of the what happened which was the inverse.

Bears fans: WHY ISN'T HE THROWING TDs!

Also Bears fans: HE THREW 3 TDs, KID IS FUCKING TERRIBLE

Christ on a cracker. This is why we can't have nice things.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I swear to god people are acting like he threw 3 INTs to 1 TD instead of the what happened which was the inverse.

I haven't seen any of those posts. Do you have any l0nks?

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
It grates my ears every time Mitch throws a bad pass or INT and the announcers go nuts, like no other QB ever has done that. Serious pile on mode. Excuse me, who and which team won the Bears/Skins game? How did Case Keenum do?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We saw Nagy pull back last year on his offense because the players, especially Mitch, weren't able to just play and were thinking too much. Now starting year two, we are seeing the same issue, and its much more than just Trubisky.

Nagy needs to find the balance between trying to outthink/outschemed/outcute everyone, and just letting his players play. So far, that is a huge weakness of his as an offensive playcaller/coordinator.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Possibly best post I’ve read regarding Mitch by the OP. That’s no small feat considering there’s an average of 385729475 per day.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s his biggest weakness. Not sure when/if it happens.

I think that is part of the game plan weakness...it was good to see crossing routes.....If I saw another curl or a dig route that stops in the middle of the field I was going to throw something at my computer screen

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It grates my ears every time Mitch throws a bad pass or INT and the announcers go nuts, like no other QB ever has done that. Serious pile on mode. Excuse me, who and which team won the Bears/Skins game? How did Case Keenum do?
Is there a name for this complex Bears fans have when someone criticizes their team or players? They were trashing Case too, as they do most young qbs who make bad throws and poor decisions. The announcers aren't going nuts. They're announcing. Like when the media reports news and people say "Fake news" because they don't like what they're hearing. It's time we start watching football with our eyes and not our emotions.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

My favorite from Bears fans: why didn't he see the open receivers?

also, Bears fans: but those TDs were to wide open receivers

And then, when he throws a dangerous pass into great coverage that ends up a TD, Bears fans: yeah but that was a dangerous throw, he should have thrown to that other receiver who was wide open

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Is there a name for this complex Bears fans have when someone criticizes their team or players? They were trashing Case too, as they do most young qbs who make bad throws and poor decisions. The announcers aren't going nuts. They're announcing. Like when the media reports news and people say "Fake news" because they don't like what they're hearing. It's time we start watching football with our eyes and not our emotions.
I need my Case Keenum sucks donkey balls and is the worse ever QB ever, a la Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell. Because on Monday, it was not Mitch who was the worst. Lol.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

are you making things up in your head, then yelling at them again?

And them blaming fans for not having a stud qb?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mitch should run more. He actually looked better outside the pocket anyway. Just run Mitch. Fuck Nagy. If calls for the triple reverse RPO statue of liberty with Hicks, just run Mitch.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hard to believe his passer rating was 116 by the complaining in here

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad they don't carry a real back-up veteran. Trubs could use a few weeks off to watch, reflect, and grow his mind in a bubble without the pressure.

He never really got that.

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
When will Mitch start throwing with anticipation and allow his receivers a chance for some YAC?

2021?
When he does and it's a pick because the receiver fucks up, everyone will trash him for being turnover prone.. Kid seriously can't win either way. Enjoy the development of your franchise qb, who's still learning the position and has the respect of his teammates and coaches. Most of all, the kid works his ass off