FICO Number

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
A few years ago, my wife had a 902 and I had a 897. Then, life took a shit on me/us. I'm in the 700's now, but there is a Federal judge and Dept. of Labor involved now to hopefully straighten it out.

truthbedamned

unexplained bear fanatic
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
A few years ago, my wife had a 902 and I had a 897. Then, life took a shit on me/us. I'm in the 700's now, but there is a Federal judge and Dept. of Labor involved now to hopefully straighten it out.
My belief was is that 850 was as high as you can go. I guess some auto dealers have scores ranked in the 900's????????

HawkBear

Be a Man
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Iowa Hawkeyes
My belief was is that 850 was as high as you can go. I guess some auto dealers have scores ranked in the 900's????????
I’ve never seen a 900. We use TransUnion at work though. Experian/Equifax May go that high tho although I doubt it

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
I wish I could remember which of the big three we checked, but I was pretty shocked when
I saw it. My wife had bad credit before we married and I "lectured" her on it and she's was great at paying things off/down.
Oh well, it's gone now.

Grimson

🏆 CCS HoF: Class of 2015 🏆
Donator
Lol at 900 credit score. Stop lying. You have to have an absolute pristine record with zero late payments for a looooong time to even have a chance at 850 which is the highest FICO goes.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Lol at 900 credit score. Stop lying. You have to have an absolute pristine record with zero late payments for a looooong time to even have a chance at 850 which is the highest FICO goes.
Whatever you say grain brain.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/what-is-a-perfect-credit-score/

"But many, many scoring models exist, with different score ranges and measures of perfection that differ with their numerical scales. For instance, the first two versions of the VantageScore model, VantageScore 1.0 and 2.0, use a scale of 501 to 990, so 990 is their perfect ideal.
FICO also offers specialized industry scores, the FICO Auto Score (fine-tuned to predict failure or success at repaying a car loan) and the FICO Bankcard Score (tailored to predict chances of failing to pay credit card bills). Each score is calculated differently, but both share a score range of 250 to 900, so perfection for each is a score of 900."

https://www.credit.com/credit-scores/what-is-a-good-credit-score/

FICO® and VantageScore aren’t the only credit scoring models. They are though the most commonly used models and the models used by the major credit bureaus—Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Although Experian also has its own scoring model called Experian PLUS and other models exist. Here’s a look at some of the other scoring models and the ranges they use.

• VantageScore versions 1.0 and 2.0: 501–990
  • Experian’s PLUS score: 330–830
  • TransUnion New Account score of: 300–850
  • Equifax credit score:280–850

Some lenders even have their own models. But, most lenders and credit card companies use FICO® scores or VantageScore scores. Learn more about how VantageScore scores compare to FICO® scores.

Grimson

🏆 CCS HoF: Class of 2015 🏆
Donator

"But many, many scoring models exist, with different score ranges and measures of perfection that differ with their numerical scales. For instance, the first two versions of the VantageScore model, VantageScore 1.0 and 2.0, use a scale of 501 to 990, so 990 is their perfect ideal.
FICO also offers specialized industry scores, the FICO Auto Score (fine-tuned to predict failure or success at repaying a car loan) and the FICO Bankcard Score (tailored to predict chances of failing to pay credit card bills). Each score is calculated differently, but both share a score range of 250 to 900, so perfection for each is a score of 900."

FICO® and VantageScore aren’t the only credit scoring models. They are though the most commonly used models and the models used by the major credit bureaus—Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Although Experian also has its own scoring model called Experian PLUS and other models exist. Here’s a look at some of the other scoring models and the ranges they use.

Some lenders even have their own models. But, most lenders and credit card companies use FICO® scores or VantageScore scores. Learn more about how VantageScore scores compare to FICO® scores.
LITERALLY NO ONE USES THAT.... IRRELEVANT.

HawkBear

Be a Man
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Iowa Hawkeyes

Weird, I just looked at an account and this guy has an +876 through TransUnion. End of the day, who gives a shit. If you're in the 800s, you're good. Capture.PNG

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Michigan Wolverines, Purdue Boilermakers
The reality is that if you are in your 60's your credit score had better be in the 800's or it means you are not very financially responsible. I absolutely trashed my FICO in my 20's and had to file bankruptcy. Tough pill to swallow. After that I just simply made sure I was never late on any type of payment I had and the rest took care of itself. As you get older and continue to be responsible and not bury yourself in debt the credit score grows on it's own.

Pretty simple concept. Pay your bills. Don't buy things you can not afford.
I still have a bankruptcy on mine and my credit score is in the 720s. It wasn't hard to rebuild honestly.

I look at credit scores for people on the regular for work - lowest I've ever seen was +357 lol.
Yeah, someone at work told me his was around that low. I was like, dude, just file bankruptcy and get it over with lol.