FINAL CUT: Keep 3

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 more forward and 8 D, or 2 more fwd and 7 D.

Toews-Kane, Cat-Strome-, Saad-Kampf-Kubalik, Jewels-Carp-Smith, Shaw are set. Keith-Gus, Maata-Seabs, Murphy-DeHaan are set.

So which 3 are we keeping? Someone I am forgetting?
Nylander, Wedin, Dach, Perlini, Bovquist, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom.

It could be Dach, Bovquist, Wedin/Nylander on talent but I'm going to go with boring, and say 12 F, 8 D... Perlini, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom. Most boring possible. Winner gets to make Germany/Chech IGT's.

what I think
1. Perlini
2. Koekkoek
3. Dahlstrom

my final answer. Nylander, Wedin, Dach, Bovquist all get sent away fro seasoning, system download with Holm.

what I want
1. Bovquist
2. Dach
3. Holm

or we get Perlini, Koekkoek, Nylander and they trade Gus or Murphy or Koekkoek or 2 of them by November. Makes sense from a value standpoint and if they are serious about the Nylander experiment.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what I think
1. Perlini
2. Koekkoek
3. Dahlstrom

my final answer. Nylander, Wedin, Dach, Bovquist all get sent away fro seasoning, system download with Holm.

what I want
1. Bovquist
2. Dach
3. Holm

I think they will keep Nylander over Dahlstrom so Stan can justify his trade. I like your "want list".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they will keep Nylander over Dahlstrom so Stan can justify his trade. I like your "want list".
so tater says nylander, koekkoek, perlini(no bovquist takers?)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Who I want is Bovquist, Dach and Wedin.

In all honesty, if Dach is not on the ice Wednesday, its not gonna happen err on the side of scared of the concussion.

I think Bovquist can make it to cover DeHaan for a few games, but also think they will keep Kukoo instead so Bovquist gets a start in Rockford.

Lastly, it will be Nylander for stan, he will get the top line too.

So who we get is Kukoo, Nylander and Perlini.

really do not know why they even resigned Perlini after seeing the depth we had on this team.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I say you send back anyone who doesn't need to clear waivers and you can stash for free. Give more leash to the guys you have to play now, and use them to wheel and deal with the others playing into shape somewhere else and make roster spots for them. Injuries are going to happen, and they'll know where the real holes are soon enough.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh shit!!!

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
By "keep" do you mean past 9 games? Stan has said they're going to give Dach some games before making the decision to keep him up or send him back to Saskatoon. Boqvist breaking camp with the Hawks probably depends if de Haan is ready to play on opening day - if yes, Boqvist probably goes to Rockford - if no, maybe he sticks about for a few games.

The only one I'm pretty sure will be on the 22/23 man opening day roster will be Perlini (unfortunately). Nylander still has a chance if he shows well against the Caps tomorrow.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dach and Bovquist made the team like they deserve to based on ability right now today to help the team, development thrown out the window....then I love the team.

If they actually try to roll Nylander in a top 6 roll it just shows our coach is 37 and Stan is whispering in his ears way too much and once that stupidity is evident after 1-2 weeks, exposing their idiocy and shaking young Nylanders confidence further in the process asking him to do something he can't yet(let him learn to think less where he isn't being watched damnit)...

then they need to separate this GM from whispering at his coach. Its clear as day if you watch the games.

The absolute truth and honest best team we have (contracts be damned)

Shaw-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Dach-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Smith

13. Kampf

Carp/Kampf are versatile plug anywhere guys with Smith/Jewels/Shaw filling in the balances where needed, giving team very different looks and center combinations on any whim at any moment.

Keith-Bovquist
Murphy-Gus
Seabs-Maata

7. De Haan (his injury is inconvenient in timing, guess we have to roster him without a look)

Creating those two spots for Bovquist and Dach who deserve a roster spot, comes at the cost of clearing KK and Dahlstrom through waivers...KK who would be a real risk due to his draft status. However...he is also the guy who fished by a river all summer rather than training...so I don't know what to say...Bovquist deserves the spot over him or any of the 8 veteran D-men they had in camp. If KK was unaware he would be fighting for a spot he can't count. (its possible they attempted to clear Holm early just to know they had a quality reinforcement in Rockford before deciding on Bovquist/KK...now they can risk it, still make a trade and Holm is an upgrade offensively...or still have Dahlstrom-Murphy pairing to fall back on in emergency.

KK or Holm can be first up if injury or they are having a hard time getting Bovquist minutes.
Nylander, Q, Saarella, Kurashev, Sikura, Highmore, Wedin, KK, Dahlstrom, Hagel, Entwhistle, Delia

would offer the Hawks legitimate reinforcements in Rockford far surpassing the goal of 25 deep they set for themselves and well balanced in terms of flavors.

I wanna see the necessary balls happen to start the season with Dach and Bovquist.

Shaw is easily the most annoying player to try to slot into this team now, btw. Only on paper does he look good across from Cat-Kane. He probably ends up with third line and you send one or both of Saad/Kubalik to top 6 eventually.

Saad-19-88
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Jewels-Dach-Smith
Kampf-Carp-Shaw

is one very good answer to many problems. If you aren't as worried about face-offs or line balance

Shaw-19-88
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Dach-Kubalik (fucking dirty)
Jewels-Carp-Smith

so what you have is you can move Dach around for 9 games...

(Shaw/Dach/Saad)-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-(Shaw-Kubalik-Perlini-Dach)
(Saad/Jewels)- (Dach/Kampf)- (Kubalik/Shaw/Smith)
Jewels/Kampf- (Carp/Kampf) - (Smith/Carp)

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dach and Bovquist made the team like they deserve to based on ability right now today to help the team, development thrown out the window....then I love the team.

If they actually try to roll Nylander in a top 6 roll it just shows our coach is 37 and Stan is whispering in his ears way too much and once that stupidity is evident after 1-2 weeks, exposing their idiocy and shaking young Nylanders confidence further in the process asking him to do something he can't yet(let him learn to think less where he isn't being watched damnit)...

then they need to separate this GM from whispering at his coach. Its clear as day if you watch the games.

The absolute truth and honest best team we have (contracts be damned)

Shaw-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Dach-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Smith

13. Kampf

Carp/Kampf are versatile plug anywhere guys with Smith/Jewels/Shaw filling in the balances where needed, giving team very different looks and center combinations on any whim at any moment.

Keith-Bovquist
Murphy-Gus
Seabs-Maata

7. De Haan (his injury is inconvenient in timing, guess we have to roster him without a look)

Creating those two spots for Bovquist and Dach who deserve a roster spot, comes at the cost of clearing KK and Dahlstrom through waivers...KK who would be a real risk due to his draft status. However...he is also the guy who fished by a river all summer rather than training...so I don't know what to say...Bovquist deserves the spot over him or any of the 8 veteran D-men they had in camp. If KK was unaware he would be fighting for a spot he can't count. (its possible they attempted to clear Holm early just to know they had a quality reinforcement in Rockford before deciding on Bovquist/KK...now they can risk it, still make a trade and Holm is an upgrade offensively...or still have Dahlstrom-Murphy pairing to fall back on in emergency.

KK or Holm can be first up if injury or they are having a hard time getting Bovquist minutes.
Nylander, Q, Saarella, Kurashev, Sikura, Highmore, Wedin, KK, Dahlstrom, Hagel, Entwhistle, Delia

would offer the Hawks legitimate reinforcements in Rockford far surpassing the goal of 25 deep they set for themselves and well balanced in terms of flavors.

I wanna see the necessary balls happen to start the season with Dach and Bovquist.

Shaw is easily the most annoying player to try to slot into this team now, btw. Only on paper does he look good across from Cat-Kane. He probably ends up with third line and you send one or both of Saad/Kubalik to top 6 eventually.

Saad-19-88
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Jewels-Dach-Smith
Kampf-Carp-Shaw

is one very good answer to many problems. If you aren't as worried about face-offs or line balance

Shaw-19-88
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Dach-Kubalik (fucking dirty)
Jewels-Carp-Smith

so what you have is you can move Dach around for 9 games...

(Shaw/Dach/Saad)-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-(Shaw-Kubalik-Perlini-Dach)
(Saad/Jewels)- (Dach/Kampf)- (Kubalik/Shaw/Smith)
Jewels/Kampf- (Carp/Kampf) - (Smith/Carp)

Whomst is Bovquist?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
with Dach not dressing yet again, I really doubt he gets the Germany game where who knows what might happen, so that leads to not being around game 1. This was another reason I think they stayed away from Byram.

I think the brass is actually a little glad they have a reason to keep him off this roster now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
missed this yesterday, dont know if Lehner will cost a roster spot if Delia needs to dress for the overseas games or they use that emergency goaltender deal where he stays off ir

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Quenville put on waivers today at noon. Guess its the beginning of the list of guys they have to get thru to get to Rockford. I kinda thought they would put them all on at once to make it harder to claim all of them, maybe they just dont mind if he goes elsewhere.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its a raw deal they aren't taking Boqvist to Europe after making 5 of the top 10 highlights this summer and the best goal of pre-season hands down, as Kubalik didn't score his slapshot alone by any means.

I saw him stretch the ice and use great angles to carry the puck while opening himself passing lanes...the kid is a player and its just getting his phycical strength and defensive instincts up to NHL speed. He should be back this year but they want to start the season with defensive integrity, veterans working together to solve problems with the goalies, etc...and work in Boqvist probably after they are able to set Gus's value high again and return a somewhat fair deal.

Seabs is angry and that is a good thing. Maata and him have bonded already and have decided they will fight for their NHL lives together. haha...I think its insane to be that slow at the back in todays game, and they both should be supporting an offensive pair. For Seabrook that seams to be Murphy despite the hands.

And I wanted to see Maata and De Haan together. I think Maata-Seabs and Cat-Strome-Shaw are coaching mistakes...I understand they are blending styles but you don't ask Shaw to be the warrior, you apreciate that he is a scrappy compliment. If you ask too much of Shaw/Jewels they will break or quit giving you the energy that makes them special eventually. Its just physics.

Cat and Strome with Kane/Keith and Gus or Boqvist was special. Holy shit special. They can fly over the ice and are all so good there were moments I thought the Capitals were just going to stop and watch.

ABOUT THE GAME LAST NIGHT....it wasn't as bad as it looked for the first 30 minutes...it could have been 1-2 or even 2-1 Hawks...we led in shots...and our forwards were visibly frustrated they couldn't slam one in. Saad shaking his head, etc.

But understand the Capitals young kid was fighting for his hockey life, and fight he did. So they had a hot goaltender for 30 minutes they couldn't break while Crow let in 2 softies, and then Hotbly came into the game half way and chances got shut down from there.

I guess the only thing that would make me happy about Bovqist situation is if it means Dach at least gets his nine. As young as he might be, and as raw, he is extremely physical and along with Kubalik brings exactly what this Hawks team needs.

Kubalik is 6 years older though for comparison. They both bring more than I could have thought stepping into the NHL day 1 defensively. Put them among the same line-up and we become annoying to fight against up and down the ice.

Balance...

Kubalik-Toews-Dach
Cat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Shaw
Jewels-Carp-Smith

This would be interesting.

Perlini won't be long for this team.

Kubalik might have extreme value due to low contract at the trade deadline if we aren't in the hunt. If we can't get him to bridge contract, might be the only way.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
?-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Saad-Kampf-Shaw
Jewels-Carp-Smith

I see why they want to force Nylander into that hole and truthfully while he moves like a sloth, I saw him do some great things in the 6-0 embarrassment. He created and executed the pass of the night...

while Kubalik had the best scoring chance with Shaw rolling around on his back for some reason increasing difficulty and danger..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Extra players they are still carrying...

Delia, Gilbert, Dahlstrom, Wedin, Quiennville, and Dach or Nylander.

Not sure about rules but that appears to be the final cut that will occur unless Perlini is exposed to competition or KK would be the flexibility remaining, IR De Haan.

Still an outside chance that spot could go to Wedin I suppose.