Final Trubisky discussion Podcast covers it all. - Good comments below too

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He didn't think they were going to draft a QB. From the Peter King account, Pace didn't have to trade those picks to land Trubisky. He would have been there. Worst case scenario, which wasn't going to happen, the Bears end up with Mahomes or Watson - ouch.
I'm not sure that the Bears were interested in Mahomes, because he was supposed to be the next Jay Cutler (great arm but not very good with anticipation or instinct).

I think if they missed out on Trubisky they were going to try to trade down.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure that the Bears were interested in Mahomes, because he was supposed to be the next Jay Cutler (great arm but not very good with anticipation or instinct).

I think if they missed out on Trubisky they were going to try to trade down.

At a minimum they take Watson at that point. There's no way they thought Glennon was a long term fix, hence they had him on a one year deal.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He didn't think they were going to draft a QB. From the Peter King account, Pace didn't have to trade those picks to land Trubisky. He would have been there. Worst case scenario, which wasn't going to happen, the Bears end up with Mahomes or Watson - ouch.

I was at Halas Hall last year for an OTA. After the practice, we had lunch and a Q&A session with one of the scouts that was in the draft room. He was candid about everything he was asked. Of course there was a guy trying to jump on him about trading picks to move up for Trubisky. He was specifically asked about King's account. He was nice but said King really didn't understand what was happening because of the volume of calls they were getting for the third pick. They had consensus on Trubisky and were not going to let any team jump them and based on the action they had for 3, they made sure they drafted their guy.

Also, it's comical that some posters think it's a given that Trubisky will continue to trail Watson and Mahomes. Mahomes is a special talent and I was one of the guys that advocated drafting him but he landed in a pretty damn sweet spot. Watson is gritty and talented but plays with reckless abandon and already has had two ACL surgeries. Let's let this thing play out a few years.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of Glennon: Having finally watched an episode of Hard Knocks yesterday & seeing who Glennon really is....yikes. Passive, non-leader & wavering decision maker. Gruden is not a fan of that personality. Not that Gruden's hot head & nonspecific feedback is the right type of leader to help that team (or any). What a dumpster fire going on in OAK...."Man."

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:

What’s your point?