Fire Harry Hiestand

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
While we're discussing reactionary responses to this team being bad, how bad was the OL today in the first half?

As a group, the regression from being average at best last year is staggering. I get that with Long out we have no 1st rounders there but OMG they are unprofessionally bad at this point.

The way the Eagles OL squeezed the life out of the game at the end just compounds it.

Just give Jay Rogers a raise and tell him to coach both lines.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Helfrich, Nagy, Hiestand, Childress, Pace all need to go.

Helfrich-- ran Oregon into the ground, had an overly complicated blocking scheme that failed

Childress-- Minnesota had a mutiny against him in 2010

Hiestand-- hasn't developed shit on this team, all players seem to have regressed

Nagy-- duh

Pace-- helped the Saints become devoid of talent earlier this decade

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bring in Bridgewater and hire Carmichael as HC.
Move hardass Mike Furrey up to OC to make up for Carmichaels "Trestman"esque personality.
Get a fucking young/hardass DC like the 9ers Saleh. I'm at a loss on who to fill this position.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It all has to do with Trubisky. Get a competent QB and I bet the line play improves. Trubisky is one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
It all has to do with Trubisky. Get a competent QB and I bet the line play improves. Trubisky is one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.
Is this a joke? Trubisky was covering up the lines horrendous play last year. He just decided to get down to their level this year.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
LOL. Hiestand, one of the best in the business, is now being blamed for an inept head coach who cannot call plays that provide a consistent team identity, let alone get his QB moving where he is much more comfortable? Helfrich has to go because he had overly complicated blocking schemes at Oregon, but if those overly complicated blocking schemes made their way to this current offense, it's the OL coach's fault for not developing anyone? You gotta love this forum!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
LOL. Hiestand, one of the best in the business, is now being blamed for an inept head coach who cannot call plays that provide a consistent team identity, let alone get his QB moving where he is much more comfortable? Helfrich has to go because he had overly complicated blocking schemes at Oregon, but if those overly complicated blocking schemes made their way to this current offense, it's the OL coach's fault for not developing anyone? You gotta love this forum!

We were sold on him being the best in the business yet he is responsible for the worst performing position group outside of QB, probably two seasons running.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While we're discussing reactionary responses to this team being bad, how bad was the OL today in the first half?

As a group, the regression from being average at best last year is staggering. I get that with Long out we have no 1st rounders there but OMG they are unprofessionally bad at this point.

The way the Eagles OL squeezed the life out of the game at the end just compounds it.

Just give Jay Rogers a raise and tell him to coach both lines.

It isn't reactionary. He has 4 guys making 8 million plus and a 2nd round pick and his unit is shitting the bed.

His job should be in jeopardy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Best in the business, based on what?

Reputation and production are very different things.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
You don’t think Andy Reid would have done any better with Mitch?

I agree the Bears need to move on from him and Fast, but Nagy should know by know what he has , did better with play action in second half of Eagles game probably because his buddy called off the Dogs. (Zero Blitz)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

LOL @ one of the best in the business. I remember the same being said about Tice. Hiestand was ran out of town last time he was here, and I wondered why the Bears decided to hire him again.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Best in the business, based on what?

Reputation and production are very different things.
Hiestand has produced. Hiestand was OL coach when Bears last made it to the Super Bowl. Nagy grabbed him from Notre Dame where he had been since 2012. Are you going to suggest Notre Dame isn't a top program? Why would a top program want to have a bad OL coach for 5 years?

We were sold on him being the best in the business yet he is responsible for the worst performing position group outside of QB, probably two seasons running.
It looks like my point went right over your head. I'm not surprised.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hiestand has produced. Hiestand was OL coach when Bears last made it to the Super Bowl. Nagy grabbed him from Notre Dame where he had been since 2012. Are you going to suggest Notre Dame isn't a top program? Why would a top program want to have a bad OL coach for 5 years?

It looks like my point went right over your head. I'm not surprised.

Great reputation and production from 13 years ago.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Eagles run a system that suits their personnel and is a system that many others teams have used to good effect. There were so many gaping holes yesterday for them.

In contrast the Bears run a mess of a system that imo doesn't suit their personnel. They are a dumpster fire in that regard. This team should running mostly zone, something like what the Texans run. Heavy outside zone mixed with lots of play action, role out, and RPO sprinkled in.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

And then the OL immediately fell off a cliff and everyone was calling for Turner & Hiestand to be fired. There is absolutely no denying that the guys on the OL have regressed from last year, and regressed fairly significantly.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I blame the silly slow developing blocking scheme's. That's Nagy.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I blame the silly slow developing blocking scheme's. That's Nagy.

How do you know that falls entirely on Nagy? I mean, at the end of the day, yes, but do we know he is the actual designer of those schemes? And I see several teams using blocking schemes similar, at times.

Bears fans (not necessarily you) tend to have great conviction about things they are guessing at.