Fire Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The play calls are FINE, aside from not running enough.

It's the execution that is awful. Hindsight is too common amongst fans. Bad play does NOT equal bad play call. Mitch has had loads of opportunities for big plays. The OL has had chances to help make a big play happen. The WRs outside of ARob could try doing something. DM is not explosive at all as a runner. There's a lot of problems. Coaching is the least of them. The best coach in the world would not do shit with this offense. I can bet on bet life.
If you call plays the players you have cant run, you suck as a playcaller. This offense was supposed to be developed to use the talent we have. Yet it does just the opposite.

And Nagy had a large part in bringing these players here, so don't bring that bs...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Worst season ever? Come on you sound ridiculous. They are 3-3. (Same as last year). There have been plenty of worse bears teams.
But not with the expectations this team had.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears need to just accept it and release Trubisky. Take the cap hit.

Grape

Liked Posts:
If you call plays the players you have cant run, you suck as a playcaller. This offense was supposed to be developed to use the talent we have. Yet it does just the opposite.

And Nagy had a large part in bringing these players here, so don't bring that bs...
Entertain me. What plays are being called that our players can't run?

Our players are shit offensively. There's no way around that. No one does well with shit players on offense. You think Nagy's doing the opposite of "using our talent" because our players suck dick and can't execute.

Context matters around coaching. When you have a QB who is overthrowing basic 30 yard completions 75% of the time, you're not gonna get big plays. When you have running backs who can't run further than 10 yards because there's no explosiveness, you're not gonna get big plays. When you have an OL that can't run block for shit, and gets pushed back in pass protection, you're gonna get buried. There's literally no way around any of this coaching wise. It's not as easy as you make it "oh you just gotta play to they're advantages and boom, we're capable again." This team is not capable if the players can't be capable.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After watching Cutler burn through 11 coaches, you would think bears fans would have learned you can't playcall or scheme your way out of a shit QB

Trubs on his way to burning this team down like every shit QB that came before him
Let's be real Jay would have gotten us more points on offense than 3

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
After watching Cutler burn through 11 coaches, you would think bears fans would have learned you can't playcall or scheme your way out of a shit QB

Trubs on his way to burning this team down like every shit QB that came before him
He will go down as the worst draft pick in Bears history

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst season ever? Come on you sound ridiculous. They are 3-3. (Same as last year). There have been plenty of worse bears teams.

They are the worst 3-3 team of all time. If you think the Bears are going 9-1 down the stretch like last time you’re crazy.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Typical Bears. They have 1 good season every 5-7. I said it when Pace pulled the trigger for Mack. You don't do that until you know Trubisky has taken the next step. It has blown up in his face, and it will end up being the reason he gets fired. Now you've got a giant cap hit in Mack and your team is a complete disaster without draft capital. The defense is not playing loose because they have to shoulder the entire team.

The best thing the Bears could do now is to trade anyone that is scheduled to hit FA in the next season or two. Floyd would likely bring back something decent. Clinton-Dix could also be traded again given his UFA status. The fact Trubisky is a bust puts the team in a spot that you really can't think about competing for at least 3 seasons.

The irony is that the only bright spot this year is the kicking game.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Entertain me. What plays are being called that our players can't run?

Our players are shit offensively. There's no way around that. No one does well with shit players on offense. You think Nagy's doing the opposite of "using our talent" because our players suck dick and can't execute.

Context matters around coaching. When you have a QB who is overthrowing basic 30 yard completions 75% of the time, you're not gonna get big plays. When you have running backs who can't run further than 10 yards because there's no explosiveness, you're not gonna get big plays. When you have an OL that can't run block for shit, and gets pushed back in pass protection, you're gonna get buried. There's literally no way around any of this coaching wise. It's not as easy as you make it "oh you just gotta play to they're advantages and boom, we're capable again." This team is not capable if the players can't be capable.

For fuck sake! If you cannot call plays your players can run, then you don’t belong there! You should resign!

He knew what kind of players he had! He knew why he was getting into! If he can’t do the job, step down!

His job is to make this team good, with the players He has! He clearly can’t do it!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
where are the resident pace lovers playthrough and spunky?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have to forgive a head coach a bad o-line. That shit sneaks up on you and prevents you from doing anything. Pace is on thin ice but Nagy has at least 2 years to fix this offense, imo.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He missed on the QB. That is the only position that counts.
GMs are held to a really weird standard. Guys like Rick Smith had the Texans job forever when they never had a QB with him at the helm. Pace has done enough at this point, at the worst he's the devil you know. He'll probably get another quarterback if he drafts him this year.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears need to just accept it and release Trubisky. Take the cap hit.

To what end? What makes this (awful) situation better by cutting MT now? Let him play out the year. Which may end up being two years but that is another issue. He is terrible, everyone gets that. At the end of the day, MT gives the Bears a better chance than CD-this year. Wanna bring in or draft a guy, fine. But Bears fans are stuck for this year. If there is a slight chance MT crawls out of this there is no down side letting him play out the year. I am fine bailing on MT but they need a plan first.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
To what end? What makes this (awful) situation better by cutting MT now? Let him play out the year. Which may end up being two years but that is another issue. He is terrible, everyone gets that. At the end of the day, MT gives the Bears a better chance than CD-this year. Wanna bring in or draft a guy, fine. But Bears fans are stuck for this year. If there is a slight chance MT crawls out of this there is no down side letting him play out the year. I am fine bailing on MT but they need a plan first.
This is why missing on a qb is so bad. If it's two more years, you're putting a lot of strain on your window. The defense will get older and need to be paid. The window starts to close.

IMHO, they need a solution in the draft. I'm not sure if there is one, though.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't think Daniel is any worse. I dont think Bray is any worse..