Five Thirty Eight: Bulls made smart FA Signings

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

"
The month of July has been interesting in recent years for the Chicago Bulls, and often not in a good way.

Last year, they agreed to a two-year, $40 million contract 1 with Jabari Parker, though he didn’t fit well within their roster and he appeared to have few, if any suitors, at that price so late in the summer. (The marriage fizzled quickly, and they dealt him at the trade deadline.) Two years prior, some fans were elated and others were confused when the Bulls closed deals with Rajon Rondo and Chicago native Dwyane Wade, even though signing the former All-Stars ran totally counter to the youth-movement plan the front office had just talked up. (That season had a number of highs and odd lows, eventually resulting in both players — and franchise star Jimmy Butler — leaving the team the following year.)

But for all the well-deserved criticism the Bulls have gotten the past few years, so far the team has made a handful of smart, under-the-radar signings that figure to enhance their talented youngsters."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They also did well contractually with these specific signings that opens up a lot of money in 2021.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They also did well contractually with these specific signings that opens up a lot of money in 2021.
Money for what? You can flip this any way you want, the strength of the team, from what they are telling us is Laurie and Wendell Carter. No point guard, no wings. So you commit to a backup power forward whose game is nothing like Lauries.

Half of me thinks Young committed just so he did not have to wait for the a listers to come off the board and accept what ever cap space they had left. Kawhi still holds teams up from filling their rosters.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yeah, like anyone wants to play here. Thats a hoot.

I guess we all missed the news, Archie got a 3 year 9 million dollar deal, you know, that guy that will be in the G league again since we have 3 (or 4) point guards ahead of him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
yeah, like anyone wants to play here. Thats a hoot.

I guess we all missed the news, Archie got a 3 year 9 million dollar deal, you know, that guy that will be in the G league again since we have 3 (or 4) point guards ahead of him.
Jesus Christ, just be a fan of another franchise.