2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I want to talk about why some people keep insisting pressures are better than sacks.

Riddle me this: have you ever seen a qb pressure back a team out of field goal range?
Have you ever seen a sack result in a pick 6? Sacks are generally better, but you do get turnovers and pick 6's from pressures,

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sorry you two find the truth so annoying. I’ll let you two live in a fantasy world while I live in reality.

Thanks
hey guys, i found the true cause of headaches.....

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Slightly amended topic for this post: Who can the Bears absolutely not lose due to injury or whatever, and still make a serious run at SB54? There'd be a fairly long list of players that would be painful to lose, but I think the list of players essential to a Bears SuperBowl run turns out to be pretty short. My list is three:

1] Trubisky - 2 words: Chase Daniel
2] Mack - 3 words: Khalil <bleeping> Mack
3] Fuller - the only shutdown corner at a position that's not deep, and with a new DC that's likely to blitz more

That's it. Thought about Jackson, Hicks, and Roquan, but decided the Bears could still contend for the SB if they lost any one of them for the year. Note the object here isn't to make a list of players you'd hate to lose, but rather the shortest list possible that the Bears simply can not afford to lose...
Akiem Hicks.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Sorry you two find the truth so annoying. I’ll let you two live in a fantasy world while I live in reality.

Thanks

Stating that Watson and Mahomes are future HOFers and Trubisky sucks is not "the truth". It's an opinion. If you genuinely can't understand the difference between a statement of fact and a statement of opinion, then you deserve all of the ridicule you're getting in this thread. Or maybe you're just trolling for attention. In either case, you're adding nothing useful or interesting to the discussion by repeating it over and over again.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Slightly amended topic for this post: Who can the Bears absolutely not lose due to injury or whatever, and still make a serious run at SB54? There'd be a fairly long list of players that would be painful to lose, but I think the list of players essential to a Bears SuperBowl run turns out to be pretty short. My list is three:

1] Trubisky - 2 words: Chase Daniel
2] Mack - 3 words: Khalil <bleeping> Mack
3] Fuller - the only shutdown corner at a position that's not deep, and with a new DC that's likely to blitz more

That's it. Thought about Jackson, Hicks, and Roquan, but decided the Bears could still contend for the SB if they lost any one of them for the year. Note the object here isn't to make a list of players you'd hate to lose, but rather the shortest list possible that the Bears simply can not afford to lose...
This isn't really how injuries across a 16 game season work.. you can't look at individual injuries, it's generally a cumulative effect where you end up losing 4 or 5+ players for a season.

Of course the bears can survive an injury to someone like trevethan, any team could if that's the ONLY injury. But chances are you lose many more players than just one.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I read the post first before seeing the author. It was not hard to predict it was you. lol You will be eating your words

I hope so

But hollup

We will pick someone off the scrap heap and unless we get lucky, we will lose a game or two because of the kicker .

Good QBs dont let their teams lose because of the kicker buddy.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Colt's D problems under Pagaon had more to do with a shitty GM than anything Pagano did or didn't do.

"Pagano was the Ravens’ defensive coordinator in 2011 when they ranked third in scoring and total yards. As the Ravens’ secondary coach, he also was influential in the Hall of Fame career of safety Ed Reed. But in Grigson’s five years with Pagano, the Colts drafted only two defensive players in the first two rounds, and both were major misses.
Defensive end Bjoern Werner (No. 24, 2013) appeared in only 38 games for the Colts and had 6½ sacks. Safety T.J. Green (No. 57, 2016) started 11 games in his first two years but was released before last season and is no longer playing.

The only pick made by Grigson who started last season for the Colts’ defense was safety Clayton Geathers. A fourth-round pick in 2015, Geathers does not have an interception in his career."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/2...s-bears-will-invest-in-chuck-pagano-s-defense

After the Colts Grigson went on to suck hard elsewhere.

"Cleveland Browns
On May 24, 2017, Grigson was hired as the senior personnel executive for the Cleveland Browns. In January 2018, the Browns announced that he was no longer part of the team's front office personnel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Grigson

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But in Grigson’s five years with Pagano, the Colts drafted only two defensive players in the first two rounds, and both were major misses.
This sounds like Pace's 'strategy' with drafting offensive lineman, only difference is he's drafted 0 instead of 2.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks

We know you're autistic, but it's just super annoying.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What's the point of bothering to substantively respond to you if you're just going to hand-wave away all of the statistical evidence that the Ravens defense was much better with Pagano as DC?

Sorry that my posting was somehow unclear to you. As I have already told you, I can't really respond to the ' fact' that the defense improved from a 58.34 to a 133.31, because I'm not sure what those numbers are measuring. I agree that 133 is larger than 58. And, again, Pagano spent 1 year as the DC. If you can't understand the concept of the current Bears DC has 1 year of DC experience from 9 years ago on his resume, then I can't really explain it better.

You did a fine job showing the Ravens pass defense improved under Pagano. Perhaps the upgrades at 3 secondary positions helped, too. But I'm not knocking Pagano's time in Baltimore...just saying it wasn't very long.

And as far as the Colts, I was responding to your comments about Pagano's defenses with the Colts being 30th in the NFL in his fifth and sixth seasons as coach. By what statistical measure was the Colts defense 30th in the NFL in 2015?

I really don't know what is going on here...perhaps I am overlooking something terribly obvious? I found this to be helpful:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/PagaCh0.htm

I don't understand your point with any of this. Pagano's production doesn't speak for itself. Not sure how that is even a question.

Last edited:

Bort

Liked Posts:
Sorry that my posting was somehow unclear to you. As I have already told you, I can't really respond to the ' fact' that the defense improved from a 58.34 to a 133.31, because I'm not sure what those numbers are measuring. I agree that 133 is larger than 58. And, again, Pagano spent 1 year as the DC. If you can't understand the concept of the current Bears DC has 1 year of DC experience from 9 years ago on his resume, then I can't really explain it better.

You did a fine job showing the Ravens pass defense improved under Pagano. Perhaps the upgrades at 3 secondary positions helped, too. But I'm not knocking Pagano's time in Baltimore...just saying it wasn't very long.

I really don't know what is going on here...perhaps I am overlooking something terribly obvious? I found this to be helpful:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/PagaCh0.htm

I don't understand your point with any of this. Pagano's production doesn't speak for itself. Not sure how that is even a question.

Yes, I am aware that Pagano was only DC for one year. He was so good at it that he immediately got offered a HC job. I don't view that as a knock against him, but I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

Also, I never said that Pagano's production speaks for itself. That was someone else.

But I do think those Indy defenses overachieved with very little talent. They were pretty average in defensive efficiency stats for his first 5 years despite a total lack of talent (with the exception of actually being good in 2014). Then, in his last season, the defense fell off a cliff. Then again, they were fielding a lineup of total scrubs that year. I was curious, so I looked it up. Their starting linebackers were Barkevious Mingo, Jonathan Bostic, and Antonio Morrison. Ugh.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Also, I never said that Pagano's production speaks for itself. That was someone else.

I never said you said that. I even specifically said you didn't say that with my comments in Post #67. At least we agree on something!

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Has anybody picked up Parkey????? Not that I want him back.
Not gonna happen apparently. I heard from reliable sources that he was arrested for DUI. Seems he has developed a tick in his right leg and is unable to control it given his involuntary spasms and thus drives like a crack addict on a bender. Shame. Seemed like such a nice kid, albeit perhaps a little sensitive. Hopefully he finds his soul mate behind bars.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not gonna happen apparently. I heard from reliable sources that he was arrested for DUI. Seems he has developed a tick in his right leg and is unable to control it given his involuntary spasms and thus drives like a crack addict on a bender. Shame. Seemed like such a nice kid, albeit perhaps a little sensitive. Hopefully he finds his soul mate behind bars.
Wow