For Fun: What If _______________ Played QB For The Bears?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The whole notion that any qb would have sucked in chicago is asinine and made up bullshit by pace nuthuggers to justify the drafting of trubisky over two future hofers.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I don't agree with the sentiment that all time great qbs wouldn't be good here lol, that's just a lie. That would hold more weight if our rejects went on to do other stuff in other organizations. It ain't though. Mitch ain't going to be a star somewhere else.

In fact he will have a tougher time. They handle this kid like a prized possession. No other GM/coach will have an attachment to him like they do here.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don’t think that angelo was worried that grossman was a bust in 2005

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don’t think that angelo was worried that grossman was a bust in 2005
He should have been. In his first 3 years he only played 8 out of 48 games. Obviously Thomas Jones wasn’t a bust so putting 2 and 2 together and it have been clear that quarterback was the position needed solidified

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The 2005 draft with benson happened before his third year

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The 2005 draft with benson happened before his third year
Ok, then he played in only 6 games in his first 24 games. No matter how we slice it, Rex wasn’t the quarterback to lead us to the promise land year after year. Angelo could have traded down with the 4th pick got more draft picks and still got Aaron Rodgers.....killing 2 birds with 1 stone

jive

Liked Posts:
Remember the 1983 draft

Rd 1....Jimbo Covert #6 and Willie Gault #18
Rd 2.....Mike Richardson #33
Rd 3.....Dave Duerson #64
Rd 4......Tom Thayer #91
Rd 8.......Richard Dent #203 and Mark Bortz #219

They did not even have a 5th 6th or 7th rd pick.
We also did not have one single first round bust prior to 1985. Actually, I don't remember any real bust in the 80s other than maybe Brad Muster who still had a productive career.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Ok, then he played in only 6 games in his first 24 games. No matter how we slice it, Rex wasn’t the quarterback to lead us to the promise land year after year. Angelo could have traded down with the 4th pick got more draft picks and still got Aaron Rodgers.....killing 2 birds with 1 stone
I can agree maybe that rb was not a position in need but no on was crying for a qb after 2005. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can agree maybe that rb was not a position in need but no on was crying for a qb after 2005. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
Bwahahahahaha....no one was saying we had a franchise quarterback either....which we did not.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I get that Benson was an exceptional talent at Texas, but when your first round quarterback can't see the field due to injuries and you already have Jones and Peterson, and you have the #4 overall pick.. I don't know man, I'm not seeing the logic there. and it has nothing to do with Rodgers being present in that draft either, it's still stupid both on paper and in execution. and they got virtually nothing out of Benson.

didn't Carson Palmer come out of that 2003 draft? Grossman's various gaffes in the NFL were on full display even in college. those Benny Hill-esque fumble losses for like 30 yards happened more than once if I recall. LOL

jive

Liked Posts:
I disagree on that. Even though not widely touted as replacing Trubisky, there were some grumblings about Grossman due to his durability. He had 2 season ending injuries, while only playing a few games in each season. He looked like he was made of China in his first couple of seasons, and it was a big red flag.