For the most part our 2s just beat the Chiefs 1s

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
That ain’t bad...Beat them both sides of the ball

Other than Kush/Brown/White on O and maybe Bullard/ Kwit on D, I don’t think I saw any other potentials out there??

Arrow pointing up on the Pace roster!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That ain’t bad...Beat them both sides of the ball

Other than Kush/Brown/White on O and maybe Bullard/ Kwit on D, I don’t think I saw any other potentials out there??

Arrow pointing up on the Pace roster!

So the Bears have depth?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya missed some there. Coward and Daniels each had a couple of bad plays but otherwise had a good outing. Wims looks like a baller out there putting it all together nicely for the day. RRH looked alright again. One of the rookies got a sack, forgot his name off hand.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Preseason! If most on here claim it means nothing when we lose, then the same goes for winning in the preseason.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Preseason! If most on here claim it means nothing when we lose, then the same goes for winning in the preseason.

Except we are talking about individual performances by these players, not the score or final outcome. It still is worth noting Chiefs starters got smacked by backups and the backups' backups at one point.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
We still weren't getting to the QB.

There was some reasonable pressure at times, but we sure don't look like we have any guys who can take it home... that is among the guys that played today.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We still weren't getting to the QB.

There was some reasonable pressure at times, but we sure don't look like we have any guys who can take it home... that is among the guys that played today.

Other than Floyd missing, was there any difference besides Acho? They guy you saw today will likely be who we see all season.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think if I were a KC fan this preseason game might make me a little nervous. Still just a preseason game where the effort may not be as high and business decisions are being made by skill position players. The trenches though... holy shit. Our backups shouldn’t have faired as well as they did against starters.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other than Floyd missing, was there any difference besides Acho? They guy you saw today will likely be who we see all season.

No Hicks (end) or Goldman (Nose) - Acho or Floyd

Bullard was the only starter that I saw on the line -

Could be mistaken though

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't read too much into it. Andy Reid was only evaluating his players and purposely putting them in vanilla one-on-one match ups for testing purposes. Like a stress test, if you will. His offense only ran a basic playbook because he didn't want to tip his hand to his week one opponent. You can't really gauge anything from this.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Ya missed some there. Coward and Daniels each had a couple of bad plays but otherwise had a good outing. Wims looks like a baller out there putting it all together nicely for the day. RRH looked alright again. One of the rookies got a sack, forgot his name off hand.

Kylie Fitts

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't read too much into it. Andy Reid was only evaluating his players and purposely putting them in vanilla one-on-one match ups for testing purposes. Like a stress test, if you will. His offense only ran a basic playbook because he didn't want to tip his hand to his week one opponent. You can't really gauge anything from this.

SNOPES RATING- mostly true

The Oline and Dline for KC should have handled the Bears 2nd strinngers. They didn’t.

Last edited:

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I think if I were a KC fan this preseason game might make me a little nervous. Still just a preseason game where the effort may not be as high and business decisions are being made by skill position players. The trenches though... holy shit. Our backups shouldn’t have faired as well as they did against starters.

It would certainly make me nervous, if I were a Chiefs fan. Mahomes may have improved slightly, but unless his WRs/TEs make big plays after the catch, they're fucked offensively. He had a few "happy feet" moments, even when nobody was near him. He had that problem coming out of Texas Tech. Also, whenever I see him going deep, I feel like it's a turnover waiting to happen.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You can praise/be critical of(to a reasonable degree), fringe players/2nd/3rd stringers that are playing hard and making good plays out there trying to prove themselves.

Having a meltdown over starters out there jogging around trying not to get hurt is a bit over the top.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
While I agree that we probably don't want to overate the backups too much, this game did make me hopeful that the Bears are starting to build some depth and younger talent pipeline. If they can bring in and develop younger players, it's huge for the future of this team. Plus, if any free agent depth signings actually reflect authentic depth, then all the better.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
SNOPES RATING- mostly true

The Oline and Dline for KC should have handled the Bears 2nd strinngers. They didn’t.

I'm being sarcastic. I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of the board during preseason games when the starters played like shit juxtaposed to the 2nd stringers yesterday.