For those of you that still have hope for Trubisky...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm losing hope right now, he's clearly regressed

but my friend said today "We played two great defenses these past two weeks, so give him some time"

but my other Packer fan friend goes "He's not good, trust me."

I think the Packer fan friend is closer to correct. 3rd year in the league, we should see a spark of greatness at this point if any greatness was there

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Counter question, but did you think 2 bad performances would mean an immediate shift to cut bait and switch to... Chase Daniel? Or trade/sign another QB and try to make him learn the offense on the fly?

I get the frustration, but what are people looking for here.. Mitch is going to start all year unless hurt.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My expectations are no longer high, but there's really not much you can do at this point. He still has 14+ games to calm down and develop, so I definitely give him that window. I'm not ready to try Daniel/Bray.

So he has until the end of this year, then we decide on the fifth year option, which looks unlikely at this point.

My best guess is that the bears go with the vet QB/Competition route next year, and that's probably their best bet assuming you aren't ready for another rebuild (which is possible if you trade away talent while you still have it).

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look on the bright side @BaBaBlacksheep by year end we've got our answer on what he is.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Counter question, but did you think 2 bad performances would mean an immediate shift to cut bait and switch to... Chase Daniel? Or trade/sign another QB and try to make him learn the offense on the fly?

I get the frustration, but what are people looking for here.. Mitch is going to start all year unless hurt.
There is a point where if he plays this way and doesn’t even get to average where yes, I bench him and try to find something.... anything better. The defense is too good to waste on Mitch. I’m not there yet. I still have the faintest of hope. But if we’re still waiting for his first TD pass two or three games from now.... might be time to cut bait. He is literally the worst starting QB in the league after two games. Nagy will lose the team if this continues all season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. Unless you want to trade Mac the picks aren't there to replace him. He's here for his contract.

I'm not convinced it's a Trubisky problem and not a Nagy problem or even a Pace problem with getting Smith then having Mack fall into our laps at a cost that means no oline for the duration of Trubisky's contract.
I've seen Trubisky throw passes. I know it can happen and there has to be a reason it's not happening. It's not his talent or lack of. Talent doesn't happen for a year and go away. For some reason Nagy isn't calling plays to have Trubisky play like he can. Even for the avoiding having Trubisky run it crap, if he's a crap QB there's no need to preserve his body. If that's what it takes to make him shine let him run it.

That said, I wasn't joking being willing to take a high pick QB any year after after Trubisky. If you can replace him with better do so.
But the general CCS thought of getting a crap QB to replace your crap QB with, fuck that.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How long does he get before you move on?

End of the season?

Next year?

Pick up the 5th year and wait till that's done?

Give him a second contract?

What's your personal breaking point?

How do we move on from him if he's still the QB of the Bears? Do we just start going "NOT MY QB!" every time we see him?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have much faith inTrubisky at this point. But unfortunately there are not many other options so all I can do is be hopeful that he proves us all wrong.

Reactions: Myk

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
He gets this season. Depending on his success and the team's success we'll see about next season.

Have given him a 4 out of 10 for both games this season.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He's had a full season last year and two games this year - what's his W/L record?

He's the Bears first choice QB for the next three seasons, and most likely far beyond that. He'll have other troughs but also plenty of peaks and I would imagine his form will ultimately depend on what's built around him - so would expect the next two or three drafts and any major trades to be on the offence to make sure he has the time to develop and the weapons to use his skill set to it's best.

The first game of the season was an aberration - too much hype around the 100th year and it being opening day etc. I think the kid froze. Long term he'll learn from that experience and it will stand him in good stead going forward.

He won't be the player he's going to be for two or three more years - so I would just buckle up and enjoy the ride

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It doesn't matter. Unless you want to trade Mac the picks aren't there to replace him. He's here for his contract.

I'm not convinced it's a Trubisky problem and not a Nagy problem or even a Pace problem with getting Smith then having Mack fall into our laps at a cost that means no oline for the duration of Trubisky's contract.
I've seen Trubisky throw passes. I know it can happen and there has to be a reason it's not happening. It's not his talent or lack of. Talent doesn't happen for a year and go away. For some reason Nagy isn't calling plays to have Trubisky play like he can. Even for the avoiding having Trubisky run it crap, if he's a crap QB there's no need to preserve his body. If that's what it takes to make him shine let him run it.

That said, I wasn't joking being willing to take a high pick QB any year after after Trubisky. If you can replace him with better do so.
But the general CCS thought of getting a crap QB to replace your crap QB with, fuck that.
Not true. 2 second round picks can move us back into the first round.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
You move on from him when you have a better option.

For this season, he's the best option the Bears have so you ride him til the end. It's too early to make sweeping generalizations, but if he continues this level of play for the rest of the season then Bears have to pick a QB early in the draft. I'm not on the "replace him by all means necessary" train, although if you forced me to bet on if Mitch pans out or not, my money is on "No" from what I've seen over the last 2.1 years.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The defense is too good to waste on Mitch.

Why do we have this amazing defense before we bothered to finish building an offense around the #2 pick QB?
Why did so many fans want this?

If our WRs can't get open and our oline can't protect it won't matter who we get at QB. If the team/fans aren't willing to commit to having an offense that's too good to waste we should go back to not having QBs. In which case keeping Trubisky doesn't matter whether he is or isn't competent.

Not true. 2 second round picks can move us back into the first round.

For a late round Grossman pick? You may as well pick Orton later in the draft and hope for Brady.

When we get 2nd rounders we should focus on oline. Even if that doesn't fix Trubisky they will be there when we can replace him.

Liked Posts:
We still got him for a 4th year. I wouldn't pick up the option for 5th, but bring a vet in for competition. This way can end up hurting if he wins comp. But puts us in better situation if he doesnt. Need to stop handing him the starting gig and make him earn it.........

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a point where if he plays this way and doesn’t even get to average where yes, I bench him and try to find something.... anything better. The defense is too good to waste on Mitch. I’m not there yet. I still have the faintest of hope. But if we’re still waiting for his first TD pass two or three games from now.... might be time to cut bait. He is literally the worst starting QB in the league after two games. Nagy will lose the team if this continues all season.

I get you, I get your frustration.

But be realistic, we're already in the 3rd week of the season.

He's 1-1, like it or not.

We've already decided to either waste this season with Mitch, or give him his shot to prove he belongs.

Chase Daniel is not an option.

If we had drafted someone who was sitting, learning, waiting for a shot... maybe.

Tyler Bray aint that guy.